Sun Mote Copse the shrike to your glorious thorn
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Oh!" Wildfire said when he corrected her with a name. "Bat's my daughter," she made a correction of her own. It pleased her when he spoke highly of the youngster. Bat didn't much like her these days but Wildfire loved her dearly. It delighted her that Bad had taken after her exploratory ways and she just hoped they could one day explore together.

"I've heard rumors about a few packs, though as far as I know, Redhawks is the only one with a formal claim," the ambassador shared. She wondered if it would be appropriate to bring up her tentative plans, before she'd really told anyone of import. Did Tulimaq really need to know? He did want to know what brought her here.

She chewed the inside of her cheek for a long moment, then stated, "I was looking for my other daughters, actually." Sometimes it was easier to lump Sequoia in there and, especially with a nearly total stranger, there was no reason to make the distinction. Wildfire paused for another moment before revealing a partial truth: "The Redhawks pack has grown so large, there's a possibility it may branch off into a second pack. We're tentatively considering the copse."

Somehow, saying it out loud to someone outside the scope of all things Redhawk made it feel more real. Her heart skipped a beat and she wondered if she'd said too much. It did feel a little like jumping the gun. But it acknowledged the small part of her that already felt attached to the place. Though she had hardly gotten the process underway yet, it really was starting to feel less like a probability and more like a reality.
Messages In This Thread
the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 01:16 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 02:37 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 04:52 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 05:00 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 11:25 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 11:36 PM
RE: the shrike to your glorious thorn - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 11:53 PM