Heron Lake Plateau If we pass in the night then just hand me a light
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin had overdone it. Timing had been her enemy that day and sent a red fox across her path at the same moment she was feeling far too cocky. The chase that ensued had ended in disaster with Fin's legging giving out sudden and sending her headfirst into a shallow mess of ice, mud, and water. Because her hip screaming angrily at her every time she took a step simply wasn't enough of a lesson in don't-ever-have-confidence.

So it was that Finley was covered in filth and limping heavily when she neared her and Elwood's den and heard her son's voice. Her ears perked at the words Uncle Colt and she would've sped up had she been in better shape. Instead, she limped slowly into view, looking very much she'd gotten one hell of a snuggle from a swamp monster.

"I'm always so impressed with your timing," Fin said as she dropped to her haunches upon reaching the circle. She leaned heavily to her good side so as to avoid putting any pressure on her aching hip, then fixed Colt with an expectant stare. He'd been gone for a while now, though she'd never had any doubt he'd show up out of the blue again at some point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we pass in the night then just hand me a light - by Finley - December 21, 2018, 06:56 PM