Heron Lake Plateau I'll get used to this eventually.
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
This was the pack's partriarch. As far as Camilla was concerned, that meant he was the big boss and he could get away with literally anything — because the men in her life, thus far, had pretty much run all over her (except for Phox). She couldn't help but entertain the fleeting thought he had come here for some alternative purpose - maybe checking up on her was an excuse, but he was really after something more sinister, like the men of the Company who only ever wanted one thing. Camilla wanted to trust he was better than that, the way Phox was better. Although she'd only recently returned after her harrowing ordeal, Camilla chose to look on the brighter side and give him the benefit of her (incredibe, overwhelmingly intense) doubt.

As he asked after her, she tried to relax. Really, she did. Her eyes trailed to the soil a few times but Camilla told herself, 'Just pretend its Phox; just think of Phox and you'll be okay, he doesn't want to hurt you —' and managed to focus herself enough to reply, Um, b-buh, better. But that wasn't much to go on. He was trying to be nice and take an interest in her well-being, which Camilla could appreciate. At the very least she could hold up her side of the conversation - just keep reciting that mantra there, poor girl.

I was lucky. But... But Phox, he got hurt. That's my fault. I... I'm sorry for that, but apologizing to this man wasn't the same as speaking to her beloved. This was something she needed to tell him face-to-face once she felt up to it. Camilla swallows a lump in her throat as she realizes this and quietly adds, Thank you for -- for help. For letting me stay. 'I promise it will be worth the trouble,' she thought, as her gaze dropped again to the dirt as her submissive habits reared their head.
Messages In This Thread
I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 13, 2019, 06:53 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 14, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 14, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 16, 2019, 03:27 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 16, 2019, 04:34 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 18, 2019, 03:26 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - February 12, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - February 18, 2019, 12:20 AM