Sun Mote Copse Shedding aches for truth in a shape that's new
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Much as it broke her heart (and disappointed her loins), she needed to kick him out. It was for his own good. By asking him to stay with her, she was probably tormenting him. It was sweet that he hadn't complained or made any indication of whatever discomfiture he might be feeling, yet suddenly she realized it was extremely inappropriate of her. Kiwi and Sequoia could just as easily keep her company; they wouldn't have to fight nature's most primal instincts to do so.

But as she gently kicked at him, some very unexpected words burst from Eljay's lips. First came her name (her pet name, rather), then a scream of, "Don't die!" "Eljay!" Wildfire cried, quickly realizing he must be having a nightmare. "I'm f—" "I never go to tell you I love you!" Her chestnut eyes flew wide at the dream confession, wondering if there was any truth to that or if he was simply caught up in some whimsical dreamscape with no attachments to reality.

Before she could really process, Eljay was suddenly awake. Her lips parted to say something, which she promptly forgot as she assessed his state. He looked like a wild stallion getting ready to charge her. And rather than find that frightening, it sent a blast of heat like a furnace through Wildfire's body, torching all reason and resolve. Her pupils widened in the early morning light as she, too, began to breathe heavily.

"Eljay," she said after about thirty seconds of staring at one another across the tiny space, their hot breaths mingling with her powerful pheromones, "I need you. Do you understand me? I need you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Shedding aches for truth in a shape that's new - by Wildfire - January 17, 2019, 05:31 PM