Moonspear like a star that can't wait for night
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Since he didn't know what to make of Alya's new mate, or really the concept of fostering his own kind of bond like that, he could've paled a little when his dad mentioned Moorhen suddenly too—on top of all that other stuff too. Oh? You saw her? Yeah.. I met her kind of by the sea, he mentioned back. Akhlut, protector, he remembered the curious title she wore back from her island, and the way her muzzle felt working through the ruff of his neck. Okay, wait.

Centering himself before he could wander off mentally, he had to listen, for his dad had a lot of words to share and these were valuable ones, he sensed. At least ones he intended to put the value behind. His parents were too important to him, he looked up to them as leaders, and wolves who understood more, who nature had seen fit to divine together and to last well enough for him and his siblings after all; he'd do what they said, and take their words to heart and so far, this was a topic he couldn't, or wouldn't yet, breach with his mother—not for fear of how winding, and vague any explanation was going to be when his own understanding was still so poorly formed.

He couldn't say if he had the aspirations in him today and now to be the alpha of a claim, like his parents, and like what had brought them together, so he seemed less keen to apply that notion to himself. Doing so seemed to imply leaving here, to him, and nothing had made him want to do that so far although he was young still and knew this. Times could change, he understood.. However: look for someone who is like you, and whose company makes you happy.

He answered first with a small nod, then wondered on—how he was meant to know when to take that lead and feel that for sure in his heart. He definitely thought it sounded good, because who didn't want company they enjoyed? He wasn't excluded.. but to feel proud, too? It all sounded good, great actually..

Yet how was he meant to find this feeling out in the great wide wilds, too? It sounds like a lot of just.. feeling it, and knowing. How.. he made a thoughtful face, trying to organize his thoughts well enough to speak on.  Because I can hang out with someone and think hm yeah that was good, I could do that again but that's not.. all. I guess it needs more time to feel like it is something for sure, right? If I'd want to see them a lot more.. or go out of my way to spend time, and not just because we're both doing the same stuff anyway.. His words came a little faster, he squirmed a bit with nervousness starting in deep, deep down as he pictured this feeling towards someone, somewhere, but he had to find out for himself the answers to all of his questions.

Charon had shined a different type of light on his next thought, one he had kept loosely avoiding but highly aware of it all the same: Guess I just need to get out more and see, came with an awkward little laugh since he knew this and felt kind of shitty for admitting it to his dad. When most of his time was either with family or own his own accord, how was he supposed to forge real bonds beyond that? He now was only recently realizing that his sisters were easier to lose immediate touch with than a younger, more naive boy had thought, and who knows what was going to become of his younger ones. As hateful as he found the mere mention, they might not be here forever, so he couldn't spend all his time shadowing them, or his parents, exclusively..
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 21, 2019, 11:43 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 22, 2019, 06:47 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 24, 2019, 10:49 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 25, 2019, 01:41 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 26, 2019, 12:10 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 29, 2019, 04:43 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 06, 2019, 06:06 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 06, 2019, 03:34 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 07, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 17, 2019, 03:15 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 19, 2019, 05:53 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 26, 2019, 12:49 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 28, 2019, 04:40 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - March 06, 2019, 03:04 AM