Cedar Sweep take my advice - i'm not using it
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
All Welcome 
Tufts of loose fur clung to the corners of his mouth as he weaved amidst the cedars, their sprawling limbs providing cover from the onslaught of snow that currently showered the wilds in a thin blanket of virgin white. For him the mild storm served as a brief intermission from his jaunt, for he was weak from travel and heavy-eyed due to lack of sleep.

So with purposeful steps he rounded the woodland in search of shelter, taking only minutes to secure himself a hollowed log that had nearly faded into the background of the timbers, for moss and shrubbery clung to it's side so flawlessly that if one was not searching for it, they would likely pass it by. 

He inspected it closely to ensure that no creature would come slithering back to find their home infested, and when he was confident that no other had laid here from some time, he slipped himself into the mouth of the fallen cedar and tucked himself neatly into a ball. It took only but a few fleeting moments for exhaustion to catch up to his weary body and in the matter of a single breath he drifted off into an dreamless slumber, unconcerned with what occurred around him. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Fuck, the mountain's Alpha cursed, for on his journeys around the Tuktu lands he had gotten stuck in the heavy snows. Pondered too long whether he'd really pay Dhole a proper visit this time and on what to say that he'd gotten stuck instead. He was luckily not exhausted nor weak from travel, but it was frustrating enough to see with only one eye to have other senses robbed from him by the onslaught of snow. Besides, the exposed skin was already starting to feel cold from the wetness of the snow that melted upon it, so he rather not stay out in this weather for too long.

The pale Alpha was lucky enough to find a hidden log, but his search for a good and hidden enough place had taken so long that the snows were already waning and the wetness of the snow on his skin left him shivering. The log was covered in a thick layer of snow (paw prints of the stranger that slept there obscured by the recent snowfall) and only as Charon pushed aside the shrubbery and moss that blocked its entrance did the scent of wolf enter his nostrils. He looked inside to find a wolf who looked peculiar; Charon had never seen any fur that mixed black and ruddy like this. Usually mother nature chose either, not both. He looked large and strong, and Charon chuffed to wake him, his head still inside the log while the snow continued to wane just outside. Vain as Charon was, his head was tilted slightly so that most of the scarred side of his face was hidden, and all of his good side was displayed.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Imagine Sanguinus' surprise when he woke to find the uncharted depths of the ocean staring back at him in the form of a single unlit gemstone eye. To say the least it caught him off guard and while still stuck in a post-slumber drunken mess, the dazed male had forgotten his whereabouts and shot upwards only to result in a forceful  w h a c k  against the dome of his head. 

He quickly slumped downwards as a hiss slithered from his velvety lips, the embarrassment of the whole situation not yet striking him as he drew his attention upwards towards the freckled stranger. "Can I help you?" he asked sluggishly, head throbbing as he struggled to fight the heavy-eyed pressure against his eyelids - a battle he was slowly loosing yet knew he should not fail at. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon couldn't help but chuckle as the stranger booped his head against the log as he woke up. He quickly thereafter composed himself, for though manners weren't Charon's forte he could imagine this meeting wasn't off to a great start if he would flat-out laugh at the guy. Shit, I didn't mean to startle you, Charon said. Alright there? He wasn't the best at being friendly and diplomatic, but age had taught him a thing or two, at the very least.

The question was sluggish but surprisingly friendly for someone who'd just been made to bump his head into a log. I'd been looking for a place to shelter and figured I wouldn't just show up in someone else's log, Charon said with a smirk. Though it seems you were lucky enough to sleep right through the snow. It's almost stopped now.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
To say he'd been paying attention to most of what came out of the pale stranger's mouth would have been a lie but, he did catch bits and piece, one being the part about looking for a place to take shelter from the storm which was apparently slowing down. A quiet "oh" slipped from his lips as he blindly blinked a few times, head peeking through a small break amongst the wood before he shuffled backwards to make room should his newfound company still wish to rest from the dying blizzard. 

"I'll be heading off once the final few flurries descend" where to he had no idea but that, at least for right now, didn't necessarily matter. "The log is yours if you'd like it." He had little use for it now after all and if it could of any use to his guest, then Sanguinus was more than happy to share his little hideaway. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It seemed the other dude was still waking up. As Charon's eyes were starting to get used to the log's insides after watching the snow he suddenly noticed the guy's scarred appearance. Though his vanity still demanded he show mostly his good side (a younger Charon would've scoffed at him, because he had always thought 'Scars are cool!' before he had such extensive ones to remind him of his shortcomings, himself) he felt less self-conscious in the presence of another warrior who'd faced similar adversities as he, it seemed.

As space was made Charon glanced over his shoulder momentarily before he decided to accept the offer. He was wet and cold and he much preferred staying here in a dry spot for a little bit until his skin had warmed again. Headed anywhere in particular? he wondered after he had squeezed himself into the created spot inside of the hollow log.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
A warm smile tugged at the edge of his mouth when his pale guest decided to accept the space offered to him, charcoal ears twitching atop his ashen crown as a question was hurled his way. "I've heard the birds gossiping about a festival a local pack is hosting" he began, head turning to catch any reaction that might hint at the pale man having heard of the celebration as well. "I figured I'd head that way to join in the festivities but after that..." he trailed off as he offered only a shrug of his shoulders instead.

These wilds were vast and still largely unfamiliar to him but he knew somewhere out there his master was waiting and if there was even the tiniest chance that his future commander would be drawn to such a gathering, then you best know that Sanguinus would be there with high hopes and a friendly spirit. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There was mention of a festival of sorts. Charon looked rather surprised that there was some sort of festival for apparently all to visit. A festival? he said, surprised. What's it about? Maybe the coming of spring, of some sort. It was almost that time, after all, although looking at the snow outside it didn't look much like spring just yet. Charon hoped the worst of it was over now. He could not wait for spring, and hoped that Speedy'd soon talk to Amekaze about her duty to reproduce again this spring. She wasn't exactly getting any younger.

The man trailed off, and Charon could not help but wonder: You're a wanderer, then? After a moment he added: Or just haven't found the right pack yet? Maybe he could give some recommendations, although Charon had to admit he was a little rusty on the going-ons in all the packs in the valley -- many of his allies had left or died or moved, and all he had left were a handful of acquaintances. The only pack he knew a lot about these days was his own, really.

That made Charon realise he had not introduced himself yet so with a small smile he said: I'm Charon Ostrega of Moonspear. When younger he'd always introduce himself with his station mentioned, but as he grew older Charon noticed he did not care as much for that anymore. Most wolves saw it in the way he was, anyway, and if not then they'd know when they first set foot upon Moonspear, so it was not as necessary to inform them of his leadership.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
It seemed the news hadn't spread to his pale companion's ears yet and Sanguinus couldn't help but wonder if perhaps the fowl had chosen who exactly heard of their rumors or, if the man had simply been too preoccupied to hear the friendly neighborhood gossip. "I believe it was being called a fertility festival if I recall correctly." He wasn't expecting any offspring of his own nor did he know anyone who was but, the idea of gathering a bunch of assumed stranger's to celebrate a new generation was enticing to him. Why he had no idea but, perhaps it had to do with the fact that he'd never know the joy's of fatherhood himself and the idea of celebrating the children of someone else would possibly rectify whatever fatherly desires he might hold.

"I suppose the title of wander fits for now" for that was what he was at the moment despite his longing for a different label. "Though I typically align myself to a someone not a somewhere" he announced a beat later to clear any assumptions of him having not yet settled down. He found it odd really that everyone in these parts seemed so keen on joining a pack, for in his tiny corner of the earth, packs were something of legend. It was far more common to roam in pairs than in groups with the duos usually consisting of a mated couple or, in his case, master and servant. "Sanguinus" he introduced as he stored away the name of his companion and the pack he hailed from - Moonspear. The name was unfamiliar to him like many were in these parts but he'd do well to remember it for future reference. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon's interest seemed piqued when he mentioned it was a fertility festival. He wasn't too sure what that meant, but maybe it would help with Amekaze getting pregnant. Where's it at? he asked curiously, hoping it was within decent distance for them to travel.

Sanguinus seemed to feel that the title did not fit overly well in overall, or so it felt to Charon, but that it worked for now. It surprised Charon though that he mentioned he attached to someones rather than places. A romantic, perhaps? You're looking for a mate..? he guessed, also considering the fertility festival and all other clues. It made sense, though Charon felt it was a lot easier finding one when part of a pack.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Seeing as how he'd eavesdropped in on the bird's morning rabble rather than being told directly, the information he'd gathered was rather vague and unhelpful for a rogue such as himself. "Elysium I believe is the pack they mentioned - said it was tucked away in a forest northeast of the sunspires." The mountains he knew of but the name of the pack itself and the forest they supposedly resided in was lost to him. 

"Ah, no" he let out when asked if he was searching for a mate, the idea causing something unpleasant to stir in the pit of his stomach. "I'm looking for a master" he corrected with a smile before adding "I'm a champion you see - a loyal servant searching for his eternal commander to faithful serve till death." While it certainly was not a mateship he did find the idea of master and servant rather romantic, I mean after all the bond meant to form between him and his chosen commander would be one strong enough to have mountains quake in their path.  
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Thank you, Charon said with a nod when Sanguinus shared Elysium's name. He then listened as he went on to explain that he was not looking for a mate, but for a master. Was he a thrall of sorts..? Charon had only heard of thralls being captured on raids or from trespassing -- as his two had been, even though both ad turned out to be cowardice runaways in the end -- but he had never heard of thralls actively looking for masters.

Perhaps it wasn't entirely like a thrall. They were often less useful members of the pack, while this wolf seemed to be, well, like he described it himself: A champion.

Charon's interest was clearly piqued by all of this as he wondered, How do you know if someone is a worthy master? Or rather, Charon wondered if he yet had anyone in mind. Being a vain king of the biggest mountain in the wilds, Charon rather fancied himself quite worthy, and quite fancied the idea of having a champion by his side. Especially one that stayed loyal, considering the amount of wolves that left his mountain sooner or later.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
He let out a steady hum as he rolled over Charon's question in his head, unsure how to explain such an answer to his company. "It's like choosing a mate I suppose" he began while tilting his maw upwards towards the roof of the log "everyone has different preferences. Some choose on appearance, others personality, a few allow themselves to be chosen rather than doing the choosing and sometimes in rare instances you just know." Sort of like love at first sight just a hell of a lot less cheesy.

He turned to glance at his pale companion after a beat of silence, hoping he was able to explain his answer well enough. Sanguinus himself had never really given it much thought as to what he valued in a master, after all he viewed serving them as a profession and as long as his master was pleased with his work, it didn't really matter who he served.
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
'It's like choosing a mate' made Charon feel a little less interested, because while he could definitely picture himself with a champion by his side, Charon also didn't like to choose his champions like he would choose a mate. Although Amekaze was strong and a champion of her own in many ways, Charon did not think it was quite the same. But as he listened further, he supposed that while he didn't think it was like choosing a mate, he understood where Sanguinus came from.

Charon glanced at the waning snow outside while he processed the information, then said: I know Moonspear's Alpha is looking for a strong champion. Feel free to drop by if you're interested. Charon didn't mention that he was that Alpha; honestly, he wasn't too sure why he ended up playing this game rather than just playing it straight. Looks like the snow's over, Charon said as he looked out of the log, then back at Sanguinus. He exited the log, stepping into the soft fresh snow, and glanced back at Sanguinus as he presumably also exited the log to continue his travels to the festival. Moonspear is a strong family pack with many warriors. I think it'd suit you. You can drop by the largest mountain on the ridge right here, and he gestured at the ridge just east of the tuktu hinterlands, Or maybe I'll see you at that festival. Whatever the case, Charon decided to leave it up to Sanguinus whether or not he'd do something with the words. He wanted a champion who would follow him because he wanted to, anyway, not because he was convinced with words.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Sorry for the wait on this! Last post from me :)

His ears swiveled in the pale man's direction at the mention of Moonspear's alpha looking for a champion, clearly interested in the news. Whether or not this alpha happened to be a good fit for him remained to be seen but Sanguinus was open to meeting any who he might choose to serve. His mouth parted to ask where exactly this Moonspear could be found but Charon's announcement on the snow turned his attention to the last of the flurries instead.

Luckily for Sang, not moments after exiting the log his question was answered without it ever having to be asked. "I'll have to stop by and meet them sometime" he let out while looking in the direction of the looming mountain range his pale companion had motioned towards. "Well, I hope to see you again at least during one of these times" he announced with a smile after Charon revealed he apparently intended to attend the festival as well. "Until then..." he trailed off, head dipping briefly in the scarred man's direction before he turned to continue his journey towards the festival.
3-3-3
9/10 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It seemed their meeting was coming to a close now. Charon nodded at Sanguinus as he mentioned it would be good to see him again. Safe travels. Catch you later. He then turned away towards the mountain himself. Paws crunched through the fresh snow while he played with the idea of having a Champion -- whether Sanguinus or other -- that would fight for him. Charon'd never been much of a fighter, even though his appearance suggested otherwise, although he had always liked others to think that he was a tough warrior. Would a champion make others think him meek for not fighting his own battles? He contemplated as he made his way back to his Moonspear.