Firefly Ravine someone was changing, someone was changing from the inside out
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

the girl doesn't raise to her jabs, which is annoying, because blixen really wants to have a go. just a little go, even -- just a little bit of snap and bark. her rebuttal is annoying, too, because it's not technically wrong. still. "it was my decision," she says, drawing herself up a little taller. mallaidh and the others held back because blix had them, as far as she's concerned. she's their wormana"and being a good sport has very little to do with it, kid."

the girl meets her eyes and blixen holds it, until her words make her laugh, at first mocking and quickly delving into something closer to hysteria. bobby's words are still fresh, the cliffs, the faces of her kru as she told them the news, artaax's abrupt departure, all of it -- and now this little kid telling blix she let her live, it's just -- it's just so absurd! it's too absurd for her right now, because she can't stop laughing, and the laughs, at some point, break into sobs and then she's crying, but it's not sad, it's funny, everything is just fucking hilarious right now, like she's just gonna come out here and be killed by this snot nosed little kid and rusalka'll move into the cliffs and everyone'll be like, well, shoulda seen this coming, as if blix is ready to take over drageda, jesus, nomi, what were you thinking, did you even think about me at all? no of course not -- and maybe it isn't so funny -- and blixen isn't here anymore in front of the girl from rusalka ready to throw down, she's just in her head, at the cliffs, crying because her mother is dead.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
Messages In This Thread