Fairspell Meadow oh, let me be a part of the narrative
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Private 
Attention: @Merrit
Description: Just an ordinary meadow, really.... nothing overly dramatic.  Full of tall grasses and scattered through with wildflowers, there isn't much of use as far as plant life, but it is pretty enough.  The real prize comes in summer, though, when the berry bushes bloom, though they are relatively few in number since a tornado swept through the area and uprooted many of them. Caution is needed still, as other creatures fond of berries also haunt the location around this time, and bears aren't known for sharing well.
Weather: 2˚ Clear. Mostly cloudy starting later this evening.

Starlight strained from the overcast skies, causing the ordinary meadow to look much more alluring than it would in pure daylight. A small herd had led Clover to the pasture, and although she wasn't entirely sure where she had ended up, she felt at peace. Clover had left the hinterlands on a whim, following the opportunity that had presented itself to her. Eventually, she had realized that it had been quite some time since she had distanced herself, and it felt nice—she acknowledged the benefit of her solitude.

While the crowd of doe and buck alike dined under the starlight, Clover sat upon a hill that overlooked the valley and kept to herself as she observed the herd below.
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Merrit had always been calculated in his travels and patterns, but not today. Today, he had simply let his paws carry him where they would, past his usual haunts until the sun sank far into the western horizon, and the stars winked one by one behind the clouded night. Was Keen looking up at those same stars? He wondered if she wondered the same as him.

A herd grazed in the sweeping meadow below, lined with finer grace than the massive bison native to his home, and eventually, he took his eyes from the sky to watch them while he walked along the hills, and he wondered if these creatures had families, too; if they ached for each other; if they searched when one was lost; if they wept, when one was taken.

His eyes darkened, and still, he walked, and still, he wondered, and he did not realize he was not alone.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
With no physical activity to keep her mind preoccupied, Clover's thoughts began to wander. She thought of her life prior to her joining the Firebirds, and how it hadn't changed much. Despite her best efforts, she was still at the bottom of the ranks. She couldn't help the scowl that soiled her expression, as she contemplated her fate—was this her destiny? Clover still couldn't comprehend that Epic, a stranger amongst her extended family, outranked her. 

The crunch of snow underpaw distracted Clover from her thoughts and as she turned towards the sound, she noticed that she was no longer alone.  Seeing the other's interest in the herd, Clover grew unexpectedly defensive—that was her herd

"Hey!" she hissed, glaring at the stranger, "You better not get any funny ideas about those deer, bub—they're mine. I've been trackin' them for days now."
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
An unfamiliar voice interrupted him, hostile and unrefined; Merrit stopped in his advance and raised his head toward the stranger. At first, he failed to see her apart from a shadow and the glare of embittered eyes. The overcast sky shrouded the rest of her from sight.

"I am not hunting them," his usually level words bit with ice, and the raven squinted. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, the stranger's features pulled into finer light. The first thing he noticed, was that she was small. The second, that she was awash in grey - plain and unremarkable. She was nothing special, just a wolf, like any other. "I assure you, I am only watching - unless even that is too much for you."
with quiet words I'll lead you in
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Despite her the suspicion she felt towards the stranger, Clover shook her head. "No, I don't mind," she hissed in reply, her pitch as cold as Marrit's had been, "As long as you don't do anything to fuckin scare them off, or whatever. I've worked hard to camouflage myself." Clover huffed, her tail flicking with evident irritation. 

"It's hard work," she added sourly with a frown, turning from her company to observe the herd once more.