Northstar Vale "Would you believe my faith if I gave it to you freely?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It had taken courage of an unfamiliar sort to speak the words trapped behind her lips. The pagan was of a more assured standing than she - how could it be any different looking at the lives they had led? He had been groomed to leadership, prepared for the eventuality of being charged with authority where Liri had known only endless strife and struggle to carve out something to call her own. It was a continuous surprise not to have to fight for the man's approval. 

It seemed a unique brand of torture as she waited with bated breath, eyes on her own untouched plate as he struggled to swallow the morsel. She half expected indignation, to hear his outraged bellows fall upon her ears harshly as he stormed from the dwelling. 

Surprise brought her optics back to his own as relief crashed over her small, tense form in a cold, dizzying wave. Her lips parted as if to speak but no words were forthcoming, shocked into speechlessness as she was by the Bjorkborn's easy acceptance. 

The fae forced herself to swallow against the constriction in her throat - once more touched by the kindness she never expected to come spilling from his maws. 

Before Liri could formulate some response, the norseman was stepping forward - his musky, male scent causing her head to swim as her submissive instincts were ignored, her eyes lifting of their own accord. Her cinnamon gaze searched his, looking for some sign that it might not be true - that he merely wished to oblige her tentative demands in order to secure a leadership position. 

The bicolored orbs were sincere, not only truthful but burning with the unspoken attraction that had sparked between them. A soft gasp escaped her at his next words, a blush spreading across her features as she sensed he was genuine in his desires of her. 

Another might have found the possessive words, the territorial edge to his voice, offensive - even demeaning, as if the sylph were a possession. To Liri, it fell within the behavior considered normal in the northlands, it was but another breach between their two worlds. It was not an insult in her world to be claimed by a man, to care and be cared for in return. It was rare that a woman was taken against her will and in any case, such a thing was not looked upon favorably in the Teekons. To be claimed by Vangard did not seem negative in the least. He was strong, brave - he would sire healthy pups and be able to provide for them. Beyond that, her mentor was a patient and gentle man, it had not taken long for her heart to warm to him. As the magnetism again flared between them, Liri could not help but think that such a partnership would not be so awful.

Some urge took hold of her, a confused and longing drive to step forward and seek the warmth of his touch. 

Her heart beat a frightened rythm. 

Could she truly do it? Would it change things so much if she took that tiny step, if she let her curiosity guide her towards the pagan and see what he did next?

His confession cleared the swirls of fog in her mind. Closing her eyes briefly as she steadied herself, the healer attempted to focus on the conversation. 

Her feeble heart, which had been prodded back to life by the Kvasir's presence in her orderly world, stirred at this revelation. Their connection was undeniable but suppose all this planning was for naught and Vangard decided he would rather rule on his own? Or perhaps Liri allowed herself to feel deeply for the male and it went unreciprocated? 

Wearily, she pushed her anxieties away. How long could she spend her life overthinking?

"It doesn't change my opinion of you," she murmured, determined to see the Viking rule at her side. 

Did she dare utter aloud the words dancing on her palate with the sweetness of spring berries?

"It is not one-sided, the feeling you speak of," she reassured, voice dropping to a whisper as she dared to take another glance in his direction.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread