Ankyra Sound and with strange aeons even death may die
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
rank challenge for @Aningan
she bided her time for what seems to have been long enough and knows most if not all of her packmates, if only by fleeting glances and vague association in some cases. the boy she has chosen is based solely on an analysis of current relationships and ties within the pack as she knows it, she sees little fallout that may occur in the outcome of their spar.

on the strand she waits, perched on her haunches, back to the sea which ebbs and flows some distance away. after a moment of stillness, she tilts her head back and calls for him, her intent clear in the fading notes.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Weeks ago, Aningan had stood within the boundaries of the packlands and summoned a wolf higher than himself in order to strip them of their title and take it for himself. He’d grown arrogant, to a certain degree, certain that he could be beaten by no one; he would climb to the top and then, once there, well… he hadn’t decided what came after that. Not yet, anyways. But, in the scheme of things, he hasn’t expected anyone to actually challenge him—he hadn’t anticipated being the wolf to receive the same call he’d once voiced. Yet, there it was.

With a blank expression and a trace of confusion in his eyes—he did not know to whom the voice belonged, after all—the boy made his way to the wolf. As he approached her, he kept his tail high and wiped the confusion from his face, knowing already what she intended to do…

And he was not the least bit pleased by it.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
he came, tail raised and wordless. she watched his approach until he grows near enough to warrant her standing, and her tail moves to stand as high as his own. "it is nothing personal." they'd never formally met, nor did she think the sentiment would prevent his anger at the challenge, but she offered it all the same, which felt  custom. nothing gave away the suddenness of her lunge then, and she sprang for him with clear intent. she would begin the fight just as she planned to end it - quickly, boldly, and without hesitation. 
up to you whether you'd like to play out the fight / jump to conclusion!
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
yikes, didn’t realise i forgot to respond to this. jumping to conclusion since it’s already known

Only a few fleeting seconds did pass after she spoke before the wolf lunged forth. With little time to ready himself, and limited experience in the art of battle, Aningan was not the least bit ready for the fight that ensued. As such, the skirmish was short and the poor boy’s ego bruised, for he was not the one to take the winning title.

Dumbfounded, irritated, and perhaps even a pinch embarrassed, Aningan couldn’t bring himself to stay. In the blink of an eye, the child was gone into the depths of the territory, off to lick his wounds and plot his revenge.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.