Hushed Willows no skin like the skin you woke up in
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

his smile, when it comes, is wan, recalling his first litter's tumultous infancy. it is too late to mourn that failure -- brilliance is still here, and mali, should their paths cross again, well.. ariel would not hold any punishment against him. letting his attention return to the present, he grins, and ducks his head, bashful under her very-fair question. 

there is a part of him that squeals anxiously, but lily will not think it strange, he doesn't think. or if she does, she'll have tact about it, which is better than nothing. "my - yes, delight." there is no magic moment where saying it feels strange -- it has been his name for so long it still feels natural to him. but he pushes ahead anyway, gesturing toward the rock. "i have wanted to.. give that part of myself up for some time, and with the new babies coming... it seemed like the right time." of course now he has to actually say the name and that seems -- difficult. it takes a beat for him to compose himself. "so.. ariel. still singing-sunlight; i dont want to start over with nothing, i just want.. a fresh perspective, if that makes sense?" and here some of that anxiety does sneak plainly into his tone, watching carefully for her reaction as the question lilts his tone.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Messages In This Thread
no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Ariel - April 07, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Lily - April 07, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Ariel - April 08, 2019, 04:42 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Lily - April 08, 2019, 08:46 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Ariel - April 11, 2019, 05:15 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Lily - April 12, 2019, 03:03 PM
RE: no skin like the skin you woke up in - by Ariel - April 16, 2019, 10:27 AM