Falls of the Hinterlands [NaWOWriMo] Sirens come calling It won't be long Until you're running
109 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Your toon encounters a supernatural creature. A new take on Sirens! Perhaps @Phex?

The haunting voices had started off harmless but nonetheless entrancing. First it was his mother's voice singing to him her made up lullabies, her voice drifting in and out like honeyed vapor amongst the Misty forest. He blinked away the sleep in his eyes and stood up, careful not to disturb Phex. It picked up again, so close his mouth opened to call for her "Mom!" his shouts came out silently, lost to anyone but himself as the fog drowned it out. He stumbled after the already fading lullaby and before he knew it was wandering away from the Shadewood, the haunting voices wrapping their invisible vines around his mind. 

Next came the sounds of crackling wood, the fog turned to smoke that choked him. Coughing he followed the cries and screams of his home, hearing his father shouting his name, begging for help. "I'm coming!" he shouted, voice ragged from smoke. The silence that met his desperate reply was heart breaking and he screamed with agony, knowing he would arrive far too late once more and all would be lost. He quickened his pace, a glazed look in his eyes that to others would signal he was lost inside his mind. 

Then came the laughter, the throaty feminine giggling of a love who had betrayed him. She teased him and he could feel how close she was. "Ailova...you wretch" he growled and then closed his eyes, a shiver running down his spine as he almost felt the responding laughter brushing against him in a sultry manner. He groaned and wandered forward until his paws touched the edges of water, the cold shocking him out of his trance. The roaring of the falls startled him and he jumped back until all at once the voices screamed at him, a mixture of accusations and pleas for help and beckoning flirtations causing him to sink to the ground. "Go away! Leave me be, I was at peace till now!" he shouted and in all the voices of those he had loved a reply came "The pain will stop as soon as you beg for us to end it" he whimpered and writhed on the ground, a mixture of physical and emotional torment driving him mad.