Falls of the Hinterlands [NaWOWriMo] Sirens come calling It won't be long Until you're running
109 Posts
Ooc —
They taunted, they teased, they tortured him but he didn't give in. He refused to do so, he absolutely would not be so weak. He could tell they grew frustrated with him as their cruel words and the agonized screams became worse, they became more realistic, more believable. He put his forelegs over his ears, trying to muffle the sounds but it did nothing to muffle his own thoughts. 

If he hadnt taken so long, his mother and father would be fine.

If he hadn't trusted that wretched when of a woman he wouldn't be such a twisted mess...

And then the voices stopped. There was a moment of silence before one voice broke it, a sharp cry of pain, a plea for help, sobbing, the cry of his name. His eyes flew wide open and he choked out her name "Phex?" she couldn't have followed him here could she? He resumed his position on the floor trying to ignore the cries of his mate knowing if she were here he would have smelled her. It was another stretch of time and he almost said yes, almost said they could take him before someone nudged him. He leaped up and instinctively bared his teeth before seeing it was a stranger, one who offered help. He looked at the water and then back, eyes dull and empty "If you could distract me so i can focus" he got cut off by a particularly desperate wave of Phex's cries and he cringed, ears going back "I do believe they want me to drown myself" he whispered.
Messages In This Thread