Sun Mote Copse They say that wealth is revealed in the teeth
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
After a few false starts, Fin had just started pulling away a decently wide strip of bark when she heard Niamh's shakey little voice. She paused and peered over at the woman, wondering if she'd swallowed a bug. Only then did she notice the parts of her expression that suggested she wasn't just shocked--she was distraught. Ah, geez.

"Who said anything about dying?" Fin asked stupidly as she abandoned the tree for her sister-in-law-like-relation, "You're not going to die. You're whole, you're healthy, and you have an army of Blackthorns to see you through this. Back during the famine, I thought I was going to starve to death before I even got a chance to get those kids out of me. The only reason I didn't is because I wouldn't. I had to get Elwood his kids. And once I did, I had to stay alive to take care of them because Elwood would've been real mad at me for leaving him alone with 'em."

She didn't know if any of that would actually help Niamh. She'd never been great at offering comfort, especially when she was completely convinced that this fear and anxiety was hormone-driven. Though, she supposed it might not be entirely. This could just be new mom stuff. Fin was equally ill-equipped to comfort new mom stuff, but it did help her find a bit more sympathy.
Messages In This Thread
RE: They say that wealth is revealed in the teeth - by Finley - May 03, 2019, 05:17 PM