Sun Mote Copse They say that wealth is revealed in the teeth
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin was pretty sure Niamh was about to lose it. She watched her sister-ish-thing go through her reaction, paying close attention to how she moved and her expressions shifted for a sign as to which way the explosion was about to go. Would it be crying? Would it be raging? Was she about to fall asleep? Pregnant ladies were entirely unpredictable, which actually made them somewhat predictable because you could predict that at any second, they could go haywire. It worked out in Fin's mind, and if anyone understood crazy, it was Finley Blackthorn.

Which is all to say that Fin was totally blind-sided by what Niamh said next. She quirked a brow dramatically at the confession, immediately wondering how in the world the blonde had gotten there. She gave up on trying to figure that out quickly enough, though. After all, she was getting complimented. She liked compliments, even if she didn't actually know how to deal with them in an honest, genuine way. Joking it off was more comfortable, so that's the way it went. But in an accidentally philisophical, helpful kind of way. Maybe. I don't know, Fin went rogue on me a little.

"Well, here's a pro-tip for you--You can't be strong without being weak," she answered with a little shrug, "If you never fall down, you can't get back up, and it's the getting back up that makes you stronger than you could've been had you never fallen down in the first place. And I have just been lucky enough to fall down a lot. I mean, have you seen my face?" Fin did something then that she rarely ever did and turned to actually show the scarred half of her face instead of what she usually did, which was keep it turned away.

"Smacked in the face by a porcupine and knocked down a mountain when I was being a little bitch and trying to run out on Elwood and Eljay not long after we had him and I was utterly terrified of being a mom," she explained with a grimace at the memory--one I can't remember if she's ever told anyone..., "And without it, I would never have gotten my head put back on straight and gone home to my family where I belonged. I have never been more grateful to fall off a cliff in my life."

Messages In This Thread
RE: They say that wealth is revealed in the teeth - by Finley - May 18, 2019, 07:43 AM