Blackfeather Woods The changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
dark eyes shift to linger on his crooked frame at the simple 'good' that slips from him. but why...she continues to ponder silently, expecting there must be more to come. talks such as these usually built up to be something more and it would seem she wasn't wrong when he went on to say more, speaking of a task. at that simple word her ears tilt forward much more, completely halting now to turn nimbly on small paws and narrow a pressing gaze at him. the word triggers an odd movement within her, but it's no negative reaction, quite the opposite really; it resembles something almost like excitement. almost. being in the pack's respected certainly sounded nice, she'd acknowledge that but the appeal it held ranked only second in comparison to the idea of an actual task. she only hoped it was something actually good, the restlessness she'd worked so hard to quell had now become pure living energy at the idea of getting to be freed through action.

there is, however, a small nagging at the back of her mind; like a dull warning sign trying to light up the night with a dying battery. her brain was reacting in such a way because it held a resemblance to her past, something she worked hard to escape and should not be reacting to as if someone had served her up a nice fresh kill. nevertheless it does little to penetrate her eagerness as a pink tongue slips out to run over dry lips, a small sign of the writhing impatience within. the much more dominant part of her mind swamps the small light in the darkness of denial; refusing to link it with her past in any sense. she's simply glad to be able to get out and help the pack. 

finally the requested job is presented to her and for the first time in a while the pale woman smiles, an odd combination of something both eerie and beautiful in appearance with the stark contrast of such a pretty smile with such empty, dark pits for eyes. "i'll find them, you can be sure of it" she murmurs in tones as smooth as silk, tail swaying softly across the dark blades of grass. bertók makes a nicely timed arrival back from his gallivanting, perching briefly on the woman's soldier to observe with his constant almost wicked look before taking off again to circle only a few lengths above with impatient caws. with that tundra dips her head- turning to leave with the assumption that that was all he had to say however only a couple of steps were taken before she'd glance back over her shoulder at the purple-eyed man. "ramsay" her expression had returned to one of much more suitably somber tones as she made the split decision to tell him something, and why she suddenly wanted to say this she wasn't even sure but it just felt right"i want you to know, i was...a soldier before- i had no say in who i fought for and why i fought for them. this is the first time i have a home i chose and can defend because i want to. i don't plan to abuse that free will." with that she simply shrugs, turns back to where she was headed and continues on. whether he had questions or not at this point didn't matter, he probably wouldn't get an answer anyway.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: The changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability - by Tundra - June 03, 2019, 08:19 PM