Blacktail Deer Plateau A little lair for a very small bear
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra felt a spark of Finley's excitement ignite her fur and she turned her yellow eyes toward Sun Spark with a fixed curiosity. Yet the fire died quickly as the meeting began to break, and the glow in her eyes died with it. She felt a weight press in her stomach and gave Peregrine a dip of her head as he trotted off to attend to another's howl, only pulling her eyes off the sturdy wolf when Sun Spark spoke again. Little to her surprise, he met Finley's question with only a quick response before turning his attention toward the more pressing task of preparing the bear meat still plentiful at their paws. It's for the better she tried to convince herself, yet still she inwardly sighed.

Kaihra watched for a moment as Sun Spark tore into the bear with determination in his eyes before he paused to speak. She gave him a slow nod and paced her way toward him, her tail hanging limp behind. Stooping low, she began to strip the flesh on the bear's opposite side and let her thoughts swim with the task at hand. Meat was meat, but she'd be certain to avoid the caches they stored the bear in until other packmates had eaten from them first.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin out!

Fin's heart fell as the call for Peregrine sounded on the wind, for she knew that would mean the end of his presence and also, most likely, the end of this gathering. Sure enough, the alpha excused himself with a few words and disappeared. Soon after, Sun Spark suggested they pack up the meat and began to do so himself, completely disregarding Fin's apparently too subtle request for a tale.

Suppressing her sigh of disappointment, the vixen accepted the commencement without a fight. Kaihra leaned in to tear at the cub's meat on the opposite side of Sun Spark, which left little for Finley to do to contribute to their task. Supposing this meant she could politely slip away without doing any work, she went ahead and seized the opportunity.

It looks like you two have this under control. Since I'm almost 100% certain I'll just get in your way when you start skinning it, I'll go ahead and get out of your hair, she said, sliding onto her paws and bowing her head in farewell. It was great meeting you, Sun Spark, and nice seeing you again, Kai'! Fin chirped brightly at them before she too took her leave, disappearing into the trees with a wave of her silver tail.