Lost Creek Hollow I'm not gonna try and change your mind.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
read: terance stared at her very quietly for a little bit too long before finally speaking like 4 words

as the carpet was yanked from his feet, terance felt himself begin to fall. he watched as ibis emotionally retreated from him, suddenly out of body — unable to stop the situation as it unfolded in slow motion before him. 

he fought to come back before her composed. he fought not to come back angry. he fought not to argue with her. he’d argued with so many wolves about this — namely seabreeze. he fought not to tell her how it was not him that moved on, but seabreeze. it was not him that destroyed their family, but seabreeze. gods almighty terance could do nothing but stare and he used every fiber of his body not to unleash all the buried tension he’d always had about the situation on his teenage daughter... who knew nothing but what she was told, and terance had never been around to tell her anything. but he was unable to tell her anything, she’d been stolen away from him too long ago. 

when he grounded himself mentally, appearing calm and quiet throughout her entire outburst, terance still hadn’t found many words within himself to mend the situation. he didn’t know how to defend himself from accusations that were plain wrong, when he knew in his heart that ibis wouldn’t listen to him even a little bit if he framed sea breeze. she just wouldn’t listen, and that’s where he struggled. 

he was tired of defending such tired accusations. such a painful memory that wasn’t even his fault. he silently reminded himself that he deserved happiness. you deserved to move on. he reassured himself, feeling a wave of guilt at her accusation of replacing her. but sea breeze had done the same thing — could she not see that? why was he the bad guy? terance knew that, despite all the signs pointing away from him, he would not win an argument.

with a sad look, one that pulled the edge of his lips into a frown and brought his brow down to a crease, terance said softly to his daughter, i hope you don’t think that’s true, little bird.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm not gonna try and change your mind. - by Terance - May 29, 2019, 01:53 PM