Broken Antler Fen Help! I need somebody, HELP
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Soft moss littered the ground in a soft plush, her paws squished into the moist spring ground. With the rains from spring, the forest was alive with bright green and songs of birds as they taught their chicks to fly. There were plenty of off plants and flowers she had never seen before, little white ones that sprawled across the floor, others tucked into spiny brush, another white one with bell like flowers in a bush of wax like leaves. It was beautiful as other flowery trees rained petals down from above. 

But the flowers were what originally caught her attention, but now she had her eyes on something else. A squat beast with brown fur and an off white marking on its back. It looked like a mini bear with a flat back, almost like a badger - but not quite. Oh, you're a strange one. She pushed forward, trying to get a better look of the beast.

She had never seen a wolverine before, the beast crawled up trees, dove underground; What an odd bear. She told herself as she continued to get closer.... only for the thing to turn around abruptly. Staggering back a bit, the damsel's ears flattened apologetically, stepping back while keeping her eyes on the thing. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.

Her soft voice had no effect, the beast snarled and false charged, preparing to lunge forward as she stumbled to try and move back. Her awkward footing didn't do her much good as the beast finally came in for the attack. Sinking its thick fangs into her soft flesh, tainting her snowy pelt in a deep ruby paint.

A loud yelp escaped her maw in surprise and pain. Trying to pull herself away from the attacker she twisted and turned to get it loosen its grip on her shoulder.

Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau had been wandering the forest in search of herbs to collect and food sources to document when the halfling picked up on a pained yelp. It sounded faint, eluding it wasn't nearby but close enough Cadeau could investigate. It sounded canine and Cadeau unable to ignore a wolf in need, scurried her way through the thick grassy foliage towards the direction of the sound.

Her satchel bumped against her chest as she run, Cadeau adjusted the red pitcher plant mid run in hopes she wouldn't lose any of her precious herbs. Cadeau came upon a open clearing walled by trees, stopping upon the high ledge the path she took lead her to. This was where the yelping had come from and the strong scent of wolf filled her nose. There was another scent but Cadeau couldn't tell what it was. Almond eyes jumping about in search for the evidence of a canine in distress, she finally saw the struggle in question. 

There below her was a she-wolf being attacked by some weird looking animal, one Cadeau never saw before. Without thinking for her own safety, Cadeau shed her satchel and left it on the ledge before leaping down to land below. The halfling barked loudly at the attacking critter, lunging to tug at its tail with her sharp teeth.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
19 Posts
Ooc —
He couldn't help himself. The cries of pain tugged at his heart and drew him from the shady shadows he had chosen to rest in. Normally when around family he had been a solitary sort, dutiful to those he loved and keeping away from those he didn't know. Every so often there was an incident where there was too strong of an urge to help and be knew that he was meant to do something. This was one of those moments. 

"Mighy Kreve please lend me your fire" 

The words fell from his lips and the security he felt in his god filled him up, warming him to the core. He grinned and bolted toward the sounds of pain and fighting and paused when he saw the scene. "Hold tight to that tail" he shouted at the woman trying to aid already. Then he held back no more and rushed in, making a quick grab for the back of the strange beast's neck, holding tight and sinking his fangs in deep. The angry beast released the pale she wolf and unexpectedly twisted and sank it's teeth into the side of his neck. His eyes flashed with pain but he held tight and began to yank against Cadeu's (hopeful) grip on its tail. Just as he was sure he'd tear the limb off, the beast released him and twisted to go for his comrade.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
Hurriedly she tried to push and move away, her legs desperately trying to make distance with her and the beast on her shoulder with no progress in the matter. When the first stranger appeared, she was barely aware of what was happening - so focused on her own wound, the pain she felt. She never had this happen before!

Then the grip was released. She eyed her own oozing wound for a little while, shocked at the sight, at the feeling; only then to sink her eyes on the sight of the two others tag teaming the beast. W-wait. It was hard to see what was happening, but from what she could tell one was on the beast's tail the other on his neck. They were going to kill it!

Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau was so focused on trying to pull the little beast off the she-wolf that she hadn't heard thr arrival of a second wolf until suddenly he was there on the scene. Her brown eyes widened in momentary surprise before she nodded her head at his insistence she keep hold of the tail. The hostile animal fought hard and Cadeau sank her paws firmly into the dirt, jaw clenched tight. She could taste blood on her tongue as her teeth punctured skin. 

The creature turned on the male to attack him once the wolf inflicted the first strike. Cadeau pulled back as hard as she could, the halfling not wanting to kill the creature but aiming to get all parties away from one another.  Suddenly it let the male go when it realized it couldn't get away from Cadeau, she let out a sharp whine when it spun around to sink those furious fangs into her muzzle. Cadeau let go without much thought, nerves taut and jerking away to dislodge herself from the beast. She heard the wolfess ask them to stop but Cadeau couldn't help but throw a sarcastic remark at the stranger.

"When you come up with a good plan to go about doing that, please get back to me," Cadeau quipped, her smarting bloody muzzle spoke for her as she glared at the spitting growling brown beast sandwiched between herself and the male now.
19 Posts
Ooc —
He cringed as the snarling creature tore Into the woman's muzzle doing some good damage before it was dropped. He gave the pallid woman a glance, freezing when he saw the eyes and how white her fur was. For a moment he wondered if they were family but he shrugged the notion off, knowing only he, Coven, and his brother had left. Then he turned to the other as she gave a sarcastic retort and he rolled his eyes in silent exasperation before rearing up and dropping his large forepaws onto the beasts head, landing on it and holding it struggling down into the ground "Now what, boss?" he asked the white she wolf tauntingly. She wanted it alive so she could figure out the plan while he kept everyone from being shredded.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The thing was incredible! Completely unfazed by being surrounded by three larger creatures, two who were on it and fighting back. It had wrath to spare! It was horrifying and yet, she was in awe despite the fear. it kept biting and twisting, now it hurt the other female, everyone was bit! But did that merit to tear it apart? 

She was uncertain, but in the pit of her stomach it didn't feel right. Not if she can help the situation. She winced a little at the female's comment, she wasn't wrong. She was very right, and had come in to help without hesitation! Reiko should be thankful. She was thankful. 

She gave the... strikingly familiar looking male (like something she's seen in her reflection a million times kind of familiar), a soft smile while he managed to get himself onto of the beast and ask for the next step. Granted his tone was clearly... mocking Reiko in some way. But never the less, he was kind enough to give her an opportunity to save the attacker from being shredded limb from limb. Ummm. she looked around, heart beating fast enough, just enough so the pain in her should was numbed for now.

At some point she couldn't come up with a satisfying answer quick enough, she was beginning to succumb to the situation until... There! She quickly ran over to the object in sight, rounded, pointed bone sticking out from the soil - an antler! The rounded spaces would be perfect to trap the beast on the spot, the sharp edges to easily stick in the ground..

Dragging the antler over, she placed the rounded area gently over the neck of the beast, desperate to not stab it with the points, and then - stood on the thing to let it sink into the ground. This should keep it here for now, don't you think? She glanced back at the male first, see what he thought - then to the female, almost scared to hear what she had to say. It won't stay stuck, it seems strong enough to wriggle out - but it would give us time to lose it! She said smiling softly.
Healing (2/6)

223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau rubbed her forepaw against her muzzle to wipe some of the blood away, wincing at the sting and the redness staining her pink paw pads. The halfling stared down the snarling creature as it stood its ground, Cadeau unsure about how to proceed if killing it wasn't allowed. It seemed maiming it would be the only solution, even if extreme violence wasn't a end result she typically aimed at.

She saw the male pin the aggressor down to the ground, barking a question at the damsel in distress they had banded together to rescue. The girl seemed to need a moment, a moment Cadeau knew they really couldn't afford to lose. Impatiently her eyes focused on the white wolfess as she came up with a plan, grabbing some heavy bones to plop over the beast in a makeshift cage. It reminded her of the traps humans use to lay out in the town to share wild animals. She let herself relax once there was a wall placed between them and the creature.

Cadeau sighed heavily, sitting down as the adrenaline seeped out of her very bones. "Let's just high tail it out of here while we still have tails," she told the two snow-furred lupines, getting to her paws with a firm nod. "I mean, unless you two want to end up like minced cat food." She eyed their wounds with evident concern, wincing at her own pain as she turned away to fetch her satchel from where she left it on the ridge above them.
19 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't even pay attention to most of what was said, he just focused on keeping the squirming, snapping beast down. When the snow furred woman brought a trap and layed down her plan he released the beast, heading away before the other woman could give her consent. When he was at a safe distance he paused and looked back "Can one of you heal?" he asked forwardly, intending to either take the herbs or have them treat his wounds as payment if they held knowledge. He believed it only fair for risking himself and he'd probably try to do something about the woman who worked beside him knowing she was hurt too.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
No one objected with her plan on how to deal with the strange, and angry beast. Once they were all in agreement, she gave the antler one more quick pounce to nail it into the ground and ran off with everyone else. When the male stopped, so did she and looked around for the earthly female. A little. She admitted. Reiko was still learning and discovering, but there was some knowledge.

She hopped the other female had more medical knowledge, but before a response could come, Reiko walked off looking for some familiar herbs to use to stop the bleeding, reduce chances of infection and possibly with any pain as well. it'll take some time, but she was confident they weren't in too much of a rush or bleeding to death.

Oh I know these! The name escaped her, but elderberries, she knew they would help! Picking a few branches and bringing them back to the duo, she was heavily hoping that the female had more medical knowledge - if not, Reiko was off to the races to find some topical remedies for the wounds immediately.

Here, chew on these, it'll help. A[size=medium]nti-inflammatory, and antiviral what they didn't eat she'd smush into the wounds to help topically. There were plenty to go around after all.
Healing (2/6)

223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau hefted her discarded satchel, holding the vines between her teeth before slipping the sling across her neck and shoulders. The halfling returned to the two white wolves, her muzzle smarting up as she opened her mouth to talk. "I'm no pro but I can do a little magic for you," she told him, presenting the pitcher plant full of herbs to the stranger who asked. "Tada!"

She waited to see what the female would do, not wanting to overwhelm him with a similar substance. Some herbs couldn't be taken together either, she needed to be weary. Cadeau cocked her head curiously over the berries. "What are those called?" She inquired as the girl offered him the berries to chew.
19 Posts
Ooc —
They both seemed to know a little bit about tending wounds and what to use, which was good because even though he knew how to clean a wound, stop the bleeding, and one herb for infection he was no medic. He watched the pale female disappear and the other take a weird hanging plant thing off her shoulder and producing herbs from it which got an impressed look. "That's...brilliant" he commented. He had always wondered how medics efficiently carried their herbs when on the move and he'd gotten various answers, never seeming entirely effecient to him but this....this was a good idea. The other she wolf brought back berries and he wondered how that would help besides granting him energy. "Well...let's do this then" he said sounding eager to stop the smarting on his neck, the wound still feeling moist and warm which meant it still leaked blood. "I'm Codantis by the way" he said, introducing himself to the women.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Sorry for the wait! I've been having Rei muse problems lately and may have bitten off more than I can chew thread wise!!

What are they called the female said... Oh dear, she didn't think that there would be such a question, but it only made sense too. Reiko took a moment to think of the name.. nothing. Darn. I don't remember... Defeated, shoulders slumped in response but her mind kept ticking on the subject. It has.. um.. an old person sounding name? Is all she could think of... Olderberries... Wrinkleberries... everything came to mind instead of Elderberries.

To prove they weren't toxic, Reiko already began chewing on them herself, applying some to her own wounds by squishing them in her paw and slathering her bite wounds.

Codantis, the male introduced himself. He was so kind as far as Reiko could tell, for the short time they had spent together. It made the pain in her shoulder almost barely noticeable. It's a pleasure Codantis - Making the effort to repeat the name in order to save it to memory. My name is Reiko.
Healing (2/6)

223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
The halfling cracked a smile at the compliment over her pitcher plant bag, Cadeau feeling proud. She had thought herself oh so clever when the idea struck her the first time, needing a way to preserve her herb stock while on the road with Illidan. "Thanks," she replied. 

Cadeau wished she could get a name for those berries but she guessed she could collect a few and document them until another wolf could inform her of her studies. She reached into her satchel to pull out a few things, willow tree bark for pain relief, a small branch covered in cob web for bandaging and golden rod to help prevent infection. "Since Reiko gave you something for pain already, you can just take the willow bark for the trip. You gnaw it, don't eat it." 

She unwound some cobweb with her paw. "I'm going to apply some of this on your wounds, and then you two should eat the goldenrod. Dog knows what nasty stuff that weird animal has." She paused suddenly, realizing with flushed ears she didn't introduce herself. "Name's Cadeau."