Sheepeater Cliff Times change, that doesn't mean I have to
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley was a fortunate one in that she had no regrets at all over leaving the pack of her birth. She had loved her family and even missed some of them from time to time, but that part of her life was well behind her. Fin was fairly good at letting things go, but then again she had yet to experience anything in her life that was so detrimental and scarring that she would have actually had a difficult time moving on.

She listened quietly as her packmate told of her family's history. It was quite the tale compared to Fin's--of course, she could have stopped after "I am from a pack of gypsies" and she would've had Fin beat at least length-wise. She tilted her head thoughtfully as the woman's story came to a close, wondering about why there were so few left of her pack. She probably should have been wondering about why she never before realized that Ty and Junior were Hawkeye's kids. Actually, she'd never really wondered who mothered any of the pups--she just assumed they were all Peregrine's and moved on. But no, what she wondered about was whether or not the rest of Hawkeye's family had suffered horrible bear-related deaths, or if their demise was caused by some other dangerous act that Fin considered to be one of her hobbies.

Figuring the possibility was probably too close for comfort, Fin skipped inquiring further about it just to stay on the safe side. God forbid Hawkeye responded with something like "They were killed racing an avalanche to the bottom of a mountain" and Fin's eyes would light up with excitement at the idea and she'd immediately start planning out the adventure. That's pretty cool--I've never heard of gypsies before, she commented.

Messages In This Thread
Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Hawkeye - July 22, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 04, 2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 06, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 07, 2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 11, 2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 16, 2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 25, 2014, 08:15 AM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Finley - August 27, 2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Times change, that doesn't mean I have to - by Hawkeye - September 11, 2014, 12:34 PM