Golden Glade peach basket catch-it-up.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
All Welcome 
Figment felt slightly less uncomfortable this time as he stood on the borders of the Glade with @Phox. The trip to the Firebirds hadn't gone so bad (I'm assuming), so he was feeling optimistic that this would be fun. He'd been told that this pack had kids his age as well, new playmates, and kids that were actually part of his family. Apparently, he had quite a big one. Who knew!

With a nudge from his father, Fig stepped forward and sucked in a big, preparatory breath. He and Fenn had practiced their howling, trying to make their voices sound as big and impressive as the adults. He knew he wasn't quite to that level yet, but he had lungs enough for this. Tilting his head back, he boomed out a howl as big as he could muster, letting the Frosthawks know that they had company.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Tag for reference! Also I'm assuming it's only Fig and Phox on this visit, but if I'm mistaken just poke me and I'll edit.

She was taking another much-needed break from diaper duty, thanks to @Quixote, when the howl came to her ears. It was an interesting howl, loud and boisterous with the tell-tale ring of youth to it, and she knew right away that it was a pup at her borders. Not just any pup, either, but Fig! Immediately excited to see how the Phoxhee kiddos had grown, as well as the opportunity to catch up with one or both of her siblings, she changed course and loped speedily toward the howl.

She arrived to find Phox and Fig standing together beneath the trees, afternoon sunlight spangling their backs in shards of white light as it filtered through the shifting canopy overhead. She flashed her brother a jubilant smile, but her attention was immediately snared by the tall, gangly-legged youth standing at his side. Surprise and delight were radiant in her face as she approached them, tail wagging happily. "Hey guys! Fig -- you're getting tall!"
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
It didn't take long before someone gratified Fig by responding to his call. He beamed up at his dad as Raven appeared, ever so proud that he had succeeded in summoning someone with his big boy voice. With his confidence boosted by that little win, he padded forward eagerly to greet his aunt. He remembered her, though not super well. Just well enough to know that she was nice and he liked her.

"Hi! I'm a squire," he greeted and announced with another small puff of his chest. He liked to hear that he was getting big. He wanted to be big! He wanted to be as big as his dad, and as strong and as awesome too. His squireship was a clear sign that he was well on his way to all of that.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven beamed at the boy, adoration clear in her face. Good lord, he was so cute. She couldn’t handle it! But of course she’d never actually tell him that. She knew enough about young boys to know that “cute” was not cool. He wanted to hear all about how awesome and big and impressive and strong he was, and Raven was more than happy to cater to that. Puppies flourished wonderfully with just the right amount of ego-boosting, after all!

”Wow!” she exclaimed after he proudly informed her of his status. ”That sounds really important! What kinds of things does a squire do?”
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Raven seemed sufficiently impressed by his new title, which Fig found to be quite pleasing. His tail was wagging at lightspeed now as he shot a grin at his father before looking back at Raven. Obviously, Phox was hella impressed by this interaction and was near to tears with pride over his little man. Who wouldn't be?

"We fight bad guys!" Fig asked, promptly obliging his aunt with the answer to her question, "An' we protect our pack. We patrol borders and we mark 'em and we fight off 'truders. Oh! Oh! And we fight dragons!" The latter was new to his list of job duties, but he was well aware that it was incredibly important, and thus incredibly impressive, so clearly Raven needed to know about it.