Stone Circle the last page turned is a perfect excuse to write a whole new book.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Joining 
idek how far backdated this is lol

The journey to Kvarsheim was not a long one, and yet it felt as though it took months. Fig wondered at this, but concluded it was merely reluctance to have to start sharing @Tauris with others. It was inevitable, of course. Much as the idea of running away, just the two of them, appealed to the Redhawk, he knew it was nothing more than a fantasy. The past week had felt like one, and he knew now for certain that he truly did want something real.

Fig looked to Tauris when they stopped at the borders. He knew they needed to call for her leaders, but he found the reluctance peeking its head up again. It felt almost as though these were their last moments together in this perfect world they had built. He knew that he was being foolish, but still he reached over to her and nuzzled his nose gently against her cheek, savoring their solitude for just one moment longer before the spell was broken.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
im not sure when this takes place so imma be vague.

Gunnar moved towards the borders slow and a hitch in his hip. But intelligent eyes on the horizon. It was there that he came across Tauris and a newcomer and he was surprised. Tauris had been staying away from him. He figured it was b3cause she couldn't accept his decisions coupled with her season. There had just been radio silence.

He chuffed quietly and then waited for an introduction. Wondering at it. Stump of an ear twitching.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
She’d been flitting about with nervous energy the entire journey, half-elated, half-terrified, wholly anticipating what Taktuq and Gunnar will say about her bringing an unfamiliar man home with her at the tail-end of breeding season. The knowledge that they’d know she’d stayed with him was more than a little humiliating. Tak was scarcely older than she, but in many ways she viewed them both as sort of parental figures. And she couldn’t bare the thought of Gunnar thinking about her at all in that context. But she couldn’t wait to see them.

And then Skáld… what would he think of Fig? What if he felt he was being replaced, or was unwanted now? Their lack of mutual language had hindered them on more than one occasion, and she worries now more than ever about how he might take this. She would have to wait to introduce them, she needed to talk with Skáld first. But… where would Fig sleep? He couldn’t stay with them at Tréheim. That just wasn’t a good idea.

Even now, as their eyes sync his lightest touch snakes energy into her. She senses his unease, a sentiment they share, but she is irrepressible. Can they not allay the doubt together? She dances along Fig’s side, pinching teeth behind a velvet ear and nudging her wet nose into his dark flank before wheeling back- goading him into a game of chase and eager for the feeling of being caught.

He’s anxious, but she desperately wants him to like it. Even if this was not forever. She wanted to share Kvarsheim with him. And so suddenly Kvarsheim is there standing before them in the shape of Gunnar’s stoic figure and silver questioning.

Mortifying! Briskly she peels herself off Fig to freeze, eyes holding sheepishly wide beneath flattened ears.

“Gunnar! It's so good to see you! This is my…” What was he exactly?

Boyfriend? Friend boy? Therapist? Guy-who-probably-knocked-me-up? None of those felt right. 

“Fig.” She finishes after an uncomfortable lull.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig smiled as his touch was met with eagerness and a game of chase ensued. He was too wrapped up in it to notice when they were no longer alone. It wasn't until Tauris's sudden tension that he paused, looking around as she moved away from him to spot the elder male watching them closely nearby. His ears flattened with embarrassment, but he brushed it off in the next moment as curiosity over Tauris's introduction of him blossomed.

He smiled.

"Figment Redhawk," he said, stepping forward into a respectful posture as he dipped his muzzle, "Tauris has told me much about your pack. I've been seeking friends and a place to rest and she was kind enough to suggest I might find shelter here, if you'd have me."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar said nothong of the game unfolding before him. Instead he stood stoic and listened? A small smile colored his maw.

Your Fig? He doesn't entirely look like a fruit.

Then a sip of his head. Well met Figment. What can you offer our pack? We sre familial and take care of our own. I don't tolerate infighting and betrayal. And we have allies in Riverclan and Swift Current Creek.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Have him? Of course they would. Tauris would be having him right now if Gunnar hadn't shown up.

A brow raises in surprise. Figment. That’s his name? For some reason this astounds and she wonders what other secrets he keeps.

“Fig can offer many things,” her voice flaunts, eyes traipsing over his profile before finding Gunnar again. “He’s strong, a good hunter. A good mediator.” Really good at some other things too. Her tail perks as she glances hope-filled between the men.

Gunnar would surely see what she does in Fig- how could he not?
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
The male didn't seem annoyed with their antics—more so amused than anything else. That boded well since before Fig could answer his question, Tauris jumped in to speak for him. He was quiet and attentive as she spoke, his lips lifted in amusement at the tone in her voice and the way she looked at him. His heart pounded a little stronger, but he kept cool as he looked to Gunnar to add a few additional notes.

"I'm also a trained guardian and warrior, and a caretaker," Fig said, "My sister is blind and I spent much of my younger years helping to care for her, along with many other siblings. As Tauris mentioned, most recently I've been putting my efforts towards counseling and trying to be a healer to the mind. Familial and taking care of our own... well, that's how I was raised."

He was quiet then, listening for either judgment or further questions.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnsr hummed quietly and chuckled. Though i appreciate your happiness and care, Tauris. Please allow him to answer me too.

He looked over the young man and dipped his head.

I see no reason not to allow you entry. Welcome to Kvarsheim.

He flicked his good ear and waited if there was anything else.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
She shut up but her tail spoke for her, beating fiercely around her ankles as she snuck glances between the pair. She'd learned almost as much about Fig in a single sentence than she had their entire week together. He has a blind sister. He is a caretaker. His wealth of patience was making sense.

Gunnar gives his approval and the nornir prances forward to plant a kiss on his cheek before dashing back to Fig’s side.

Hátalari,” she calls him in the pack’s dominant icelandic before translating, “Counselor.”

“Are you sure this is what you want, Fig?”
Are you sure you want me?
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig didn't realize he was holding his breath until it slipped from his lips the moment after Gunnar granted his acceptance. He smiled, his tail wagging gratefully. "Thank you," he said, only to be distracted once again by Tauris as she came to his side.

He canted his head at the unfamiliar word, but didn't ask since he recognized the next one. He liked the title, but her question grabbed more of his attention. He wondered at it briefly, why she would still be uncertain after he'd followed her all this way. But he accepted it without further question, knowing that he too still had the same questions for her. It would take time before the doubt was cast away.

Fig reached and touched the tip of his nose against hers, smiling as he looked into her eyes and gave her a simple, confident, absolute, "Yes."