Stone Circle how beautiful it is to find someone who asks for nothing but your company.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
All Welcome 
gonna make some vague assumptions and cross my fingers I'm not overstepping :D

Any time Fig traveled through Kvarsheim's territory, whether it was to hunt or to do his part to guard and maintain the borders, always in his mind was the hope of running into @Skáld. He had been taken aback at first when he'd learned of Tauris's relationship with the boy, and while he'd never really considered trying to step into the role of stepfather to him, he had always seen the need to forge his own relationship with the yearling.

Fig, however, was not one to force anything. He knew of Skáld's reluctance and knew that to force himself upon the boy would likely be disastrous. So, he kept an eye out and waited patiently, always offering a warm smile and greeting whenever their paths did happen to cross, but never trying to coax something more out of respect for Skáld's feelings and his timid nature.

Today was no exception to the rule as he wandered the borders of Kvarsheim, marking here and there, pausing every so often to inspect a potentially malicious scent and studying the landscape that surrounded him. His mind was, as always, mostly preoccupied with thoughts of his children and of Tauris. They might need lunch soon, and perhaps he ought to bring them something once he'd finished his circuit.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Kvarsheim
Anda*
226 Posts
Ooc — Jess
<3<3<3 Always happy to collaborate with you and I'd assumed all the same things haha 

Upon Tauris' request, Skáld had put himself to work, and found himself gratified with every hint of progress he made as he expanded and improved Tréheim for its intended use as a hearth for Tauris, Figment and their children. It had taken him an afternoon to dig down a bit deeper, so that they would have enough headroom, and in some places, he'd opened up a hole beneath some old, gnarled tree rots so that a little beam of light could cascade in, illuminating their home. He found pieces of bark that could be placed over the small gaps, to shut out the light if that was preferred, and placed them above, where they could be fitted in place easily enough. 

The bluebells in the meadow were past flowering, but the grasses had faded to become gold-spun threads that made a soft rushing sound when the wind stirred. Sheltered by a ring of trees, the winter winds would be divided and spare Tréheim from their icy blast. 

Soft bedding would be needed, but for that he sought out Figment, hoping that perhaps they could work on that final, finishing touch together. He had to summon up a good deal of courage to actually seek the man out, as largely, they'd not necessarily avoided each other, but had struck a peaceful, albeit somewhat awkward handshake agreement that everything they did was for Tauris. 

He caught the man's scent, and began to trail it along the border, cutting some corners here and there until he spotted the dark man, who he presumed was patrolling. He uttered a soft woof, hoping he might slow his pace- Skáld had tired while tracking him down, worn out by a busy day of home renovations.
“Icelandic”
“English”
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
<333

When Fig first saw the wolf approaching him from behind, it took him a moment to realize it was Skáld. He noticed whoever it was seemed to be seeking him. The fact that it was the yearling intentionally coming to him simply did not compute for a moment. Once over that little speed bump, Fig felt concern flare in him for Tauris and his children. The most obvious reason for this coming interaction had to be that something had happened to them, right?

One day, the therapist would have to spend some time with himself trying to figure out why his mind always assumed tragedy before anything else.

Skáld," Fig greeted, keeping his demeanor calm in spite of his fears, "Everything alright?" He slowed his words a bit, knowing he did not share the same first language as the boy and not wanting any language barriers to delay the forthcoming news.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Kvarsheim
Anda*
226 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Figment's concern was contagious, and while he was regarded with calm green eyes, Skáld momentarily forgot his purpose when the first question asked prompted some worry. His head tilted to the side, and he wondered himself if everything indeed was alright. When he'd seen Tauris last, the children had been fine- and to his knowledge, nothing had happened since. It was only when he remembered that he'd been the one purposefully seeking Figment out that he realized that the new father might also be in fight or flight mode, leaping to conclusions without reason. 

They had something in common, it seemed. 

"Yes," He breathed, "All good, I-" He said, pausing for a moment to snap at a fly that was buzzing near his ear and distracting him. "I want...Help, from you? For something?" Is good, not...Not bad, is good," He said, trying to reassure the both of them. "Come, see?" He gestured with a tilt of his head and wave of his tail.
“Icelandic”
“English”
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig felt his entire body tense with anticipation as he read Skáld's features, but he settled soon enough when the explanation came. He was surprised to hear the request, but he tried not to show it for fear he might make things awkward. Instead, a smile slipped across his lips and he nodded to show his willingness.

"Sure," he said simply as he set off to follow the boy. He knew Skáld had been at work on... oh, shoot, what were they calling it? Fig's mind blanked. He needed to work harder at learning these new words and phrases his packmates used.

"The construction giving you trouble?" Fig asked conversationally as they walked, "I know you've been working hard lately. It's greatly appreciated, by all of us."
Kvarsheim
Anda*
226 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He turned to gawk at Figment when he heard a word he didn't understand, but he gasped and nodded when he figured out what Figment was asking. "No trouble," He said pleasantly. He tried to recall the word Figment had said- it had started with the kuh sound, but it had had too many syllables and letters for him to know what it meant. Perhaps, if he said it again, he would catch it the next time around and see what it meant. 

The appreciation made him feel a little bit awkward, so he smiled and waved his tail, trying to weather the compliment graciously. "Tréheim is almost done. Need bed," He explained.
“Icelandic”
“English”
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Tréheim. That was it. He remembered fondly Tauris teaching him the word and laughing at him when he mispronounced it repeatedly. It was to be their new resting place. With a twinge of guilt, Fig thought of how little help he'd been thus far in setting it up. He reminded himself that it was Skáld's project, though, and Fig had no desire to take it from him. He assumed it meant a great deal for the boy to do this for the family himself.

"That's great news," Fig said with a smile, "The little ones are getting less little by the day. I'm sure they'll appreciate having more space to tear apart." He considered the last then. Bedding was needed, it seemed. He stayed quiet to let Skáld elaborate.
Kvarsheim
Anda*
226 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He was glad that the news was well-received. He hoped not to overstep any boundaries in taking the lead on improving what would be the new home for the growing family, creating what he referred to as his own 'nest' nearby so that he could help out when needed, but give space as well. The last step in completing the home was something he sought Figment for, not because he was not able to manage the task himself but because he genuinely hoped the man might like to have his own say in what kind of bedding they used. 

"I think reeds," He suggested. "Long...Green leaves, grow by water," He elaborated, not knowing the word for cattails. He knew the leaves to be light and easy to gather, and could be replaced easily if some cleanup needed to happen. "With fur on top, for comfort," He said.
“Icelandic”
“English”