Moonspear something i wanted to feel
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
All Welcome 
The Ostrega had finally channeled some of his endless sorrows into action, creating a poised, corded wolf of polished mountaineering endurance now here approaching the back-end of summer. The grief had become easier to bear with time, a part of him now essentially, and some sort of routine had fallen into place all around him to help. His guards were still up impossibly so thanks to the young litter protected within their depths, as it ought to be, but for the time being he was ranging contentedly on the lower slopes and making quick work of covering all the ground he set out to devour. Thanks to this, Jarilo was left able to feel good about the progress of the morning so far, and ready to continue on towards his next ventures.

He crossed over a small meadow and glanced skyward as the clouds looked like they wanted to break. In case the heat climbed with the hours of the afternoon, he started to head on towards the edge of the dark forests to go prowl there for the coming while.
taggin @Moriko or @Cadogan bc new faces maybe? p: but anyone is more than welcome
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(July 21, 2019, 11:23 PM)Jarilo Wrote: The Ostrega had finally channeled some of his endless sorrows into action, creating a poised, corded wolf of polished mountaineering endurance now here approaching the back-end of summer. The grief had become easier to bear with time, a part of him now essentially, and some sort of routine had fallen into place all around him to help. His guards were still up impossibly so thanks to the young litter protected within their depths, as it ought to be, but for the time being he was ranging contentedly on the lower slopes and making quick work of covering all the ground he set out to devour. Thanks to this, Jarilo was left able to feel good about the progress of the morning so far, and ready to continue on towards his next ventures.

He crossed over a small meadow and glanced skyward as the clouds looked like they wanted to break. In case the heat climbed with the hours of the afternoon, he started to head on towards the edge of the dark forests to go prowl there for the coming while.
taggin @Moriko or @Cadogan bc new faces maybe? p: but anyone is more than welcome

Moriko was near the direction this stranger was heading. She was on the outskirts of the forest, observing the tops of the trees. She had been observing this tree for awhile now, and had learned of an animal that inhabited the tree itself, or an area nearby. Due to this, she saw an oppurtunity to attempt something new. She began to scratch at the base of the tree, not leaving visible marks on the dirt, but on the small area of bark close to the ground. This was the third tree today that she had done this to, it was her way of labeling the trees that were areas for possible hunting of large or small animals, in an attempt to slyly do so without alerting said animals.

When she was complete she let some air escape her nose, huffing as she shook out her head, flopping her ears slightly before looking up to observe the sky and its weather, the leaves allowing only a small amount of light to seep through onto her fur.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Jarilo took readily to the shadow and the cover of the forest's edge, and as he delved deeper, his nose skirted over fresh trail that quickly guided him elsewhere. It was not someone he recognized, so surely, hopefully, one of the newcomers--which were both wolves of mystery to him, beyond some basic general traits. He wondered what it was like for them, looking in to Moonspear now in a time after so much had changed so rapidly--but their future still burned bright, tragedy included.

The steely-coated Ostrega chuffed out when he saw her silvery furs up ahead and finally began to slow up his approach, wondering what she was up to out here too. When he noticed she looked potentially busy, he got more careful.. aiming not to interrupt, so stepped lightly and fanned out his ears. Busy? he asked, bypassing the obvious greetings and all that for now with his green eyes bright enough as he peered back, stance straightening once he paused enough. I'm Jarilo. There, something back.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(July 25, 2019, 12:42 AM)Jarilo Wrote: Jarilo took readily to the shadow and the cover of the forest's edge, and as he delved deeper, his nose skirted over fresh trail that quickly guided him elsewhere. It was not someone he recognized, so surely, hopefully, one of the newcomers--which were both wolves of mystery to him, beyond some basic general traits. He wondered what it was like for them, looking in to Moonspear now in a time after so much had changed so rapidly--but their future still burned bright, tragedy included.

The steely-coated Ostrega chuffed out when he saw her silvery furs up ahead and finally began to slow up his approach, wondering what she was up to out here too. When he noticed she looked potentially busy, he got more careful.. aiming not to interrupt, so stepped lightly and fanned out his ears. Busy? he asked, bypassing the obvious greetings and all that for now with his green eyes bright enough as he peered back, stance straightening once he paused enough. I'm Jarilo. There, something back.

"Be careful, don't rub against the trees, it'll make the traps to obvious." She added lightly, as something to mind, but also to jest, a friendly tease.

She flicked an ear before lifting a leg slightly to itch at it, once complete, she shook her head out. "I am Moriko" She approached slowly, but calmly and in a friendly manner. "And you are called Jarilo.. that is quite a name.." She tilts her head, peering at him.

"Sticks with me, one I will remember-" She adds, sniffing the area near him slightly as the clouds above got more abundant, hiding the light from the sun along with the trees.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
To her cautionary words, his ears turned. He was more interested by this mention of traps in the first place, but he would do well to assure her that he wasn't all bad luck. I can handle that, he smirked, light on his feet and of active body and mind--he had himself under control well enough most days to not ruin the traps. What are you hoping to trap? he asked as he looked one of the trees over, figuring it could be among a menagerie of creatures since he knew a solid variety of them to occur on the mountain in a good prey summer like this one seemed to be thus far.

As for his name, after he kept quick memory of hers for later, he smirked a bit more openly then. Quite a name? He hoped to live up to it, in some way, some day--a god associated with the moon, and springtime.. and a protector of the weak. You think so? Hope that's a good thing. It's from a myth, originally. he explained like it may mean something to test her interests--because he didn't want to be too forward, or too much too fast. He knew, at least, and it had been something his mother had picked up somewhere along her way and kept close enough to bestow it onto him.

Anyway, he didn't know what a Moriko might mean. It had a familiar ring to it he noticed the longer he thought about it, especially after remembering his mom.. and a curious language she could speak in.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(July 31, 2019, 11:38 PM)Jarilo Wrote: To her cautionary words, his ears turned. He was more interested by this mention of traps in the first place, but he would do well to assure her that he wasn't all bad luck. I can handle that, he smirked, light on his feet and of active body and mind--he had himself under control well enough most days to not ruin the traps. What are you hoping to trap? he asked as he looked one of the trees over, figuring it could be among a menagerie of creatures since he knew a solid variety of them to occur on the mountain in a good prey summer like this one seemed to be thus far.

As for his name, after he kept quick memory of hers for later, he smirked a bit more openly then. Quite a name? He hoped to live up to it, in some way, some day--a god associated with the moon, and springtime.. and a protector of the weak. You think so? Hope that's a good thing. It's from a myth, originally. he explained like it may mean something to test her interests--because he didn't want to be too forward, or too much too fast. He knew, at least, and it had been something his mother had picked up somewhere along her way and kept close enough to bestow it onto him.

Anyway, he didn't know what a Moriko might mean. It had a familiar ring to it he noticed the longer he thought about it, especially after remembering his mom.. and a curious language she could speak in.

"Oh that's lovely.. I knew it was quite a name-" She added softly. "I am a child of the forest.. it's what my name sake says.." She flicked her tail, peering up at the trees before making eye contact with him. "The traps work in a dual format..." She added. "While being a trap for smaller animals.. they are also traps for larger ones. It reminds me what area the larger animals frequent, by how I see the trees."

She looked proud of herself, returning his smirk. "But all they see are trees...no scent to alert them.."  She flicked one of her ears, circling around him, obvserving him before she took a seat, exhaling. "Tell me of your orgin..your name and how it identifies you.." She added, interested and all ears, blue and green eyes looking directly into his.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
With a little glimmer to his bright eyes, he soaked up the praise for his name quietly, and appreciated the anecdote about hers that she offered back about it. Here in the cover of Moonspear's forested swatches, he decided it was fitting enough for her, although he would not have known before that Moriko meant anything to do with a forest child--but now he did, first as he glanced to her, then back to the traps as she told him more about those too. Jarilo blinked, observed, and nodded slow; there was surely more he could ask about that, in some way.

But, by circling him, she drew his focus away from deciding what else he wanted to know about the traps and their rate of success, which seeing her pride about them made him curious about. She asked of him this time too, and Jarilo's stare was hawkish back on her thanks to this. My origin? I was born here, my parents being the founding alphas--I was middle litter, but their first son. You've probably met my little brother, or one of my many sisters, the steely Ostrega detailed, and he tilted his nose thoughtfully. What else was worth noting? Summarizing his origin was peculiar to think about suddenly, especially when he had never really felt the need to leave or branch out anyway. I trained mostly with my mother.. and both of my parents were warriors and naturalists, so that has been our.. life here, essentially.. but both of them are gone now, he said, a little peeved at how quickly it could veer in that direction, right towards what hurt worst.

Anyway, in the myths I do know about--Jarilo was a guardian of the weak, a god of the springtime associated with the moon too. I guess in a much smaller way, parts of me are like that also, he said, trying to tie it back together. What led you here to Moonspear? he shook off some of his fleeting frown and asked afterwards, feeling like he had to so not to keep it all on him.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 13, 2019, 10:23 PM)Jarilo Wrote: With a little glimmer to his bright eyes, he soaked up the praise for his name quietly, and appreciated the anecdote about hers that she offered back about it. Here in the cover of Moonspear's forested swatches, he decided it was fitting enough for her, although he would not have known before that Moriko meant anything to do with a forest child--but now he did, first as he glanced to her, then back to the traps as she told him more about those too. Jarilo blinked, observed, and nodded slow; there was surely more he could ask about that, in some way.

But, by circling him, she drew his focus away from deciding what else he wanted to know about the traps and their rate of success, which seeing her pride about them made him curious about. She asked of him this time too, and Jarilo's stare was hawkish back on her thanks to this. My origin? I was born here, my parents being the founding alphas--I was middle litter, but their first son. You've probably met my little brother, or one of my many sisters, the steely Ostrega detailed, and he tilted his nose thoughtfully. What else was worth noting? Summarizing his origin was peculiar to think about suddenly, especially when he had never really felt the need to leave or branch out anyway. I trained mostly with my mother.. and both of my parents were warriors and naturalists, so that has been our.. life here, essentially.. but both of them are gone now, he said, a little peeved at how quickly it could veer in that direction, right towards what hurt worst.

Anyway, in the myths I do know about--Jarilo was a guardian of the weak, a god of the springtime associated with the moon too. I guess in a much smaller way, parts of me are like that also, he said, trying to tie it back together. What led you here to Moonspear? he shook off some of his fleeting frown and asked afterwards, feeling like he had to so not to keep it all on him.

She noticed his change in emotion as well as the topic. It appeared to make him uncomfortable and or upset, and she didnt want to prod and further uncomfortable feelings.

"I have been alone for a long time- I had lost my parents and two of my three siblings.. I know not where they or the pack I once belonged to has gone.." She layed down softly, brushing her nose on the soil of the Earths floor.

"I believe they have returned to their roots, and become one with the forest and plants again...their roots becoming the roots of plants.." She huffed air out of her nose as she sat up again, blinking at him.

"I had to learn to live and survive on my own, but I missed unity, a pack, a /family/.. And the winds brought me here.."

She tilted her head, swishing her tail as the breeze ruffled her already scruffy fur.

"I myself.. don't believe I am very interesting. Most others find me quite peculiar and strange.." She couldnt help but be somewhat amused by this remark. "As if I was a spirit or maurader." She stepped closer to him, smirking. "I guess my appearance and demeaner could be unsettling.."  She jested with him, hopping around excitedly.

"OOOoooooo~!" Moriko, stop being a goof-
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He tried to slow the motion but his ears slicked back again as she revealed her histories involving dead parents of her own and even siblings too. He felt that one far more than he liked, even down to them returning to the earth, their roots existing on in other ways.. so he was far from alone in these struggles, he was just not good at coping with them yet.

More than he liked to lead on, he was grateful that he did still have the siblings here that he did in times like these. When it felt bleak, he ought to remind himself: it could always be worse. At least he still had this home. Somehow, he wished he could offer his sympathies, although she didn't really seem to need them at this point. I think peculiar can be interesting still? he quipped, not all that bothered although she stepped closer, well into his sights then, for he was wide-eyed and curious. Or spirits.. even more so, he could cope with that much, so long as he knew what he was dealing with, and already she had been quite telling in enough regards to put him in a good place. Although around here, I'm more used to the shadowed kinds of apparitions... he said, hinting with a show of a tooth. Growing up with siblings like his, he was used to lots of menacing dark presences to romp and play among. He had learned early.

As his ears flicked back up entirely, unsettling probably wasn't the way he would describe her--all pale-colors and spry, but he was used to the unusual; he liked when it was a little beyond, and pressed the edges of an everyday mundane for him. As she hopped, he pivoted a bit himself, trying to stand proudly to make his point that he was not bothered by the peculiar and the spooky, but with a look about him that almost wanted to bounce away, or somewhere, too. Has it been good for you.. that the winds brought you here, to Moonspear? he asked with a tilt to his head. Considering the timing of her arrival, he had to ask eventually.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 21, 2019, 01:11 AM)Jarilo Wrote: He tried to slow the motion but his ears slicked back again as she revealed her histories involving dead parents of her own and even siblings too. He felt that one far more than he liked, even down to them returning to the earth, their roots existing on in other ways.. so he was far from alone in these struggles, he was just not good at coping with them yet.

More than he liked to lead on, he was grateful that he did still have the siblings here that he did in times like these. When it felt bleak, he ought to remind himself: it could always be worse. At least he still had this home. Somehow, he wished he could offer his sympathies, although she didn't really seem to need them at this point. I think peculiar can be interesting still? he quipped, not all that bothered although she stepped closer, well into his sights then, for he was wide-eyed and curious. Or spirits.. even more so, he could cope with that much, so long as he knew what he was dealing with, and already she had been quite telling in enough regards to put him in a good place. Although around here, I'm more used to the shadowed kinds of apparitions... he said, hinting with a show of a tooth. Growing up with siblings like his, he was used to lots of menacing dark presences to romp and play among. He had learned early.

As his ears flicked back up entirely, unsettling probably wasn't the way he would describe her--all pale-colors and spry, but he was used to the unusual; he liked when it was a little beyond, and pressed the edges of an everyday mundane for him. As she hopped, he pivoted a bit himself, trying to stand proudly to make his point that he was not bothered by the peculiar and the spooky, but with a look about him that almost wanted to bounce away, or somewhere, too. Has it been good for you.. that the winds brought you here, to Moonspear? he asked with a tilt to his head. Considering the timing of her arrival, he had to ask eventually.

She had stopped bouncing, ending with a little quick sniff- a sneeze, and a small head shake.

"Yes! I am very greatful for that wind, and those who were at the winds end- I feel very welcome here, though I supposed people will have to get use to me-"

Moriko was a little worried, she had been alone for so long that she worried about being an oddball, or socially awkward. But she was trying her best, and was clever in more ways than one, and most of the others had been quite supportive.

"It feels very tight knit in this community.. those who are true to it are woven together like weeds-I hope to also be able to become tangled into that web of weeds-" She wagged her tail softly, she was quite enthusiastic

"I had to grow up and mature quite quickly in my early life- I wasn't given much time to be a pup- but being here makes me feel like I'm starting anew." She flicked her ears up. "I feel like a forest reborn after a fire, growing from the ashes of its past."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Well, that was understandable enough so Jarilo gave a soft nod, following her motions with his eyes. He could take his solace in such a light spirit, however, and he didn't find himself too worried about her fitting in so long as she could survive alongside the rest of them. She seemed well already, and there was definitely something about seeing her content that made him feel pretty alright too. Yeah. Anymore, we're mostly family here, he said, sparing the details of betrayals and disloyalty that had whittled them down to themselves only. Hence their closeness, and so they were definitely tangled together well--an analogy he liked for them. He was happy for it, though, and did not want to imagine how dark and sad his life would be without his family here beside him. Even in weathering the great losses and strife they could attract, this was how he wanted it.

With the right conditions, anything could flourish. Weeds can grow quickly, after all, he added on with a smirk and soft sway to his tail to encourage her, not that her enthusiasm seemed to need it from him--often a somber, quiet presence in these days. He was still trying, and doing alright enough. Hopefully she wouldn't notice. And after a fresh start, it will be good.. I'm sure, Jarilo said, left to wonder exactly how this forest known as Moriko would choose to regrow this time, and how long he may get to see. Even if some big things have changed lately, I've always been content to have my roots be here. So more or less, he could respect that she had managed to land here too.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 04, 2019, 02:39 AM)Jarilo Wrote: Well, that was understandable enough so Jarilo gave a soft nod, following her motions with his eyes. He could take his solace in such a light spirit, however, and he didn't find himself too worried about her fitting in so long as she could survive alongside the rest of them. She seemed well already, and there was definitely something about seeing her content that made him feel pretty alright too. Yeah. Anymore, we're mostly family here, he said, sparing the details of betrayals and disloyalty that had whittled them down to themselves only. Hence their closeness, and so they were definitely tangled together well--an analogy he liked for them. He was happy for it, though, and did not want to imagine how dark and sad his life would be without his family here beside him. Even in weathering the great losses and strife they could attract, this was how he wanted it.

With the right conditions, anything could flourish. Weeds can grow quickly, after all, he added on with a smirk and soft sway to his tail to encourage her, not that her enthusiasm seemed to need it from him--often a somber, quiet presence in these days. He was still trying, and doing alright enough. Hopefully she wouldn't notice. And after a fresh start, it will be good.. I'm sure, Jarilo said, left to wonder exactly how this forest known as Moriko would choose to regrow this time, and how long he may get to see. Even if some big things have changed lately, I've always been content to have my roots be here. So more or less, he could respect that she had managed to land here too.

Another tail wag from her. She was joyful to see him remark happily and enjoy the conversation, it made her feel welcome, like she was finally part of the whole big family.

"It may not seem like it to some, but such a task deserves great praise-."  She appraoched closer, softly, blinking at him as she added in a soft tone.

"Those who believe it is better to reach with their roots, end up being pulled. Instead you reach out with your leaves and stand firmly on your roots." She raised both paws as she gave a little hop. "There are those who believe that growth and betrayal share the same candle stick- but there are the wise ones, who see past that, can realize growth can not be achieved without connecgtion to ones roots."

She gave a soft smile,tilting her head. "Like you, an honorable part of your pack." She wiggled her nose a bit, letting out a sniff/sneeze.

"You do not reach for yourself- but for all of us, so I to, am glad I am here and part of something you are-"

She couldnt help but wag her tail in response to her own words, she was happy to not only have a family, but one that seemed to take pride in itself, just like Jarilo had displayed. Being proud of alls achievements and not just ones own.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He went quiet for a moment then, and spent it thoughtfully. Like a great many things in life, he tried to appreciate from all the vantages he could--in this instance, meaning from the roots on outward to the branches reaching above. The more he mulled on it, the more familiar and cozy this analogy felt applied to him, and his sorts.

Yet above all, her tail wag proved contagious again as his swayed soft and gently. Well good, I'm glad you're glad, he replied, more contemplative in his tone than the last time but quick to flash a click of his teeth, then a smirk. The mountain was lucky to have her at a time like this, though he did not quite have the words to tell her this yet; he was feeling a lot more assured in her future here, however--and that was not something he could say about many lately.

Pausing briefly, he tilted his head at Moriko. Do you want to come on patrol with me? I want to cover some more ground before it gets closer to dark, he said, even if it was a change in subject. Since he liked to check in near Hydra's brood about then, and he had more he wanted to get done closer to the mountain's base still. If Moriko was open to it, he didn't mind the company.
would you mind fading out? i'd be ok with a newer one sometime <3 he just needs fresh bwp thread space
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 23, 2019, 12:11 AM)Jarilo Wrote: He went quiet for a moment then, and spent it thoughtfully. Like a great many things in life, he tried to appreciate from all the vantages he could--in this instance, meaning from the roots on outward to the branches reaching above. The more he mulled on it, the more familiar and cozy this analogy felt applied to him, and his sorts.

Yet above all, her tail wag proved contagious again as his swayed soft and gently. Well good, I'm glad you're glad, he replied, more contemplative in his tone than the last time but quick to flash a click of his teeth, then a smirk. The mountain was lucky to have her at a time like this, though he did not quite have the words to tell her this yet; he was feeling a lot more assured in her future here, however--and that was not something he could say about many lately.

Pausing briefly, he tilted his head at Moriko. Do you want to come on patrol with me? I want to cover some more ground before it gets closer to dark, he said, even if it was a change in subject. Since he liked to check in near Hydra's brood about then, and he had more he wanted to get done closer to the mountain's base still. If Moriko was open to it, he didn't mind the company.
would you mind fading out? i'd be ok with a newer one sometime <3 he just needs fresh bwp thread space

She tilted her head slightly, tail beginning to wag again.

"I'd love to come along, even more so if there was some sort of way for me to be of help." She gave a small smile. "It sounds fun to-I wouldn't mind to take a stroll. Hopefully we can catch a glimpse of the stars clearly on our way back." 

She did enjoy her wanderings a lot, and now that she was accompained, it felt even more enjoyable, as she wouldn't be alone.