Redsand Canyon here's the line. we don't cross it
2 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
for @Ketzia. i had some time so i wanted to get this up for us. sorry if this post is weird. i suck at starters, esp. with new toons i'm still getting the feel for. T-T

the afternoon, though it carries with it the chill that is indicative that winter is creeping nearer and nearer, is a clear candyfloss blue without so much as a cloud in sight. already, berlioz can feel the weight of his pelage, grown thick and coarse for winter as it drapes over him like a well-fitted cloak. the landscape around him, however, draws with it an initial bought of confusion. the redsand under foot and twisted spirals of red rock give the impression that the world around him should be much warmer. as it is, it rises from his black leathery nostrils in a thin, writhing tendril of steam that dissipates as quickly as it forms.

this surprise of temperature and landscape wanes quickly. he chalks it up simply as these ...wilds — as he heard them errantly called from a passerby during a rare occurrence in which his paths cross with another — being full of surprises. a treasure trove of territories begging to be explored. though true, he's never been one for scouting, the allure of a clean slate and the spidery whispers that his father — never a lingering conqueror — left to this make his mark on the history of this place. it's old news ...told for as long as berlioz can remember... and though he would be quick to deny the temptation to come face to face with the legend and see if he equals up to all that berlioz has heard, temptation remains steadfast all the same.

steps pause as he sizes a narrow passage, made smooth by the wind that weaves effortless thru it, contemplating whether he could fit between either rock face ...and if what was on the other side ( if anything ) was worth the chance.

nanowrimo: 295
181 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Thanks so much for starting! I'm playing catch up here, so post might be a bit clunky. ><
Winter, for all of its trials, brought a certain resolve and peace to the mother wolf. Accustom to the cold—from hearth and heritage alone—the alluring dove found her mind more sound with the crisp air, and with such, a certain desire to make her plans known.

Diaspora, for all of her desire to remain loyal to the vision of her felled mate, was far from thriving, and with three ever-growing youths to look after, despite their swift growth, she was determined to better their situation.

Such was the reason for her exploration today, but as jaded eyes swept over the sandy loam, Ketzia felt already she wasted her time in the barren lands before her. Had her gaze not fallen upon potential in the form of an ash-kissed stranger, she would have begun to make her way elsewhere. For now, she watched him, her own form held diminutively yet cautious.
...you should see me in a c r o w n