Hideaway Strath One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love
328 Posts
Ooc —
Nothing, said the grey-brown female, and Ephraim frowned at her. At least that more or less confirmed his suspicion that whoever Elfie was, they didn't look enough alike to be mistaken for one another up close. He hid his disappointment well; it would've been nice to be able to poach from whatever pack this woman belonged to by pretending to be the lost child, but from the sounds of it, this Elfie was a lot younger than Ephraim. Youthful though his slight figures may have made him look, that wasn't a jig he could keep up for long.

Fire-red pelt called to mind two wolves, one whom he hardly remembered and one he could not forget for the trouble her capture had caused his former pack, and neither of them was a juvenile boy. Sorry, can't help you, Ephraim grunted as he cleared the last of the stones in an effort to quit this abandoned territory. Don't know anyone like that. The wolves in these parts are mostly good folks, in my experience. If he's alive, some pack probably took him in. Bet if you visit them all, he'll turn up.

Seemed much more likely that Elfie was dead, but, well ... Ephraim had lost all his honor, but not his streak of empathy, and he couldn't bring himself to say something that cruel to someone who was clearly torn up. He might've offered some condolences then, said he could keep an eye out, ease Wraen's troubled mind just a little, but honestly, he really only cared about himself these days and that sounded like Work.

I didn't mention @Towhee in my post in case you don't want to join in yet, but Ephraim was sort of leaving Hideaway Strath in my first post and is continuing to go that way, so it's probably safe to assume she could see them now if you wanted to hop back in?
Messages In This Thread
One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Ephraim - November 23, 2019, 08:36 AM
RE: One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Ephraim - December 09, 2019, 04:35 AM