Morningside Cuesta And I'm Shinin!
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Why was she coming back...she could not even answer that for herself. What she had seen last she was here. The words shared, the broken promises and the pain and suffering. Was it all worth it to return to this place? If she were to be honest with herself, Korei Julia did not know. Something drew her back. Familiarity?

As she trekked through the Cuesta, Korei murmured to herself quietly. After her visit to Moonspear, something broke inside. Something...shattered. Broke her. She wanted to fix things. And never could.

//Forward dated to 12th december
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She ventured off a little bit farther than usual today and she found herself in the land her father's original pack was named for hoping that maybe they showed up here at all but like always their scent was absent and the young pup whined softly to herself.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tucked herself by a tree as she began thinking over her current life choices. Why did she run away? She can't even recall, as if her mind kept blocking it out. But it had something to do with...with family. That was all she recalled. Sniffing at the ground to make sure she was alone before resting, Korei caught a scent. Standing up, yet as timid as she always was, Korei ducked lower into the trees roots, shuffling. No doubt making sound among leaves and twigs.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was self absorbed for a little bit until she too caught a scent but saw no body there and her tail slipped in between her legs as she looked around. "Who's there!?" She asked out to whoever was hiding out.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tucked her tail close to herself, curling into the roots. She stayed right where she was, still as she could be. Till of course, she heard someone. A female by the sounds of it. Korei hesitantly peered her head up from the roots, showing just her eyes and snout. Not saying a word.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The mysterious wolf seemed keen on keeping him or herself hidden and Minnow kept her guard up until she saw the wolf peak its head up and it seemed he or she was just as scared as she was. "H..hi" she said simply not moving any more forward.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Whoever the female was, they seemed in fact quite young. Korei felt bad for scaring them, now. Peering over somewhat more to get a better look at them, Korei Julia relaxed her muzzle on top of one of the roots, peering at them. "Hi there...I didn't mean to scare you, if I did..."
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
It was a female and she let a smug smile lace her muzzle as she looked to the ground and her paws. "I'm scared of everything don't worry." She shouldn't be proud of that at all and it made her heart sink a bit. "I'm Minnow who are you?"
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That sounded just like herself at that age. Korei couldn't help herself with a small smile crossing her features, popping up now completely from the roots. "I know how that can be. I was the same, once. A long while ago...Korei Julia" she greeted back in kind.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She made the wolf smile and she was happy that someone else was more comfortable. "When does it stop?" She frowned a bit and looked back at the ground after blurting it out. "Nice to meet you Korei Julia."
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was not so certain on how she was supposed to answer that. For her, it...well it never really did stop. Not totally, at the very least. She got braver, but still she got scared of things here and there. It was so easy to be afraid. Easier than being courageous. "It will. Soon, I am sure" Korei assured to Minnow, with a gentle smile of her wolfish lips.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She knew it was a stupid thing to ask and she probably shouldn't of asked it of a stranger. "I'm sorry." She said even though she had no idea what she was apologizing for.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was quick to get up, shaking her head. "No, no need to be sorry it is okay" Korei made sure she got that into the girls head. As she was made to apologize for so much. Even that which was not her fault.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman was quick to tell her that it was okay but deep down she knew it wasn't. The young wolf knew it was her fault that her father had left elysium and that it was probably her fault that her grandpa died to in the mountains. She wanted to feel better but it was so hard; she felt like she was drowning as she stayed quiet. "Okay." Was all she could breath.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked over the young wolf, and she recalled not smelling any recent packs around...what were they doing out here? "Where is your pack? Your family?" Korei Julia asked to the young one with concerne in her tone. "You aren't lost...are you?" She had been lost. Forever, it seemed like, never finding her way now.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
When the female asked where her pack was; she was just about to speak when she asked about her family and the young wolf felt her heart break a bit. "My pack is over there; Easthollow. My family...is gone." Was all she could say.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The pack name struck her, made Korei flinch slightly. An expression of regret flashed across her face, of loss. Her own loss. For leaving that behind. But, she made no comment on it, rather on the family instead. "I lost my family too...and they lost me" Korei said to that. In some ways, it went both ways in that matter.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
So she was in the same boat as her, Minnow felt a little sad about that cause she knew how much that sucked. "I'm sorry." Was all she could say.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei sighed quietly under her breath. This girl reminded her so much of herself...and she knew the path that went. "Listen, don't be sorry, okay? Don't be sorry. You'll get put down for it. Trust me, I was just like you and..." What was she even doing, telling a girl this? Maybe her family was different... "Just don't be sorry, okay?"