Northstar Vale i got a mom, but we ain’t spoke in i don’t know
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
for anyone he hasn't met yet
@Star tagging u since I remembered u wanted a thread with him :3

Most of his time in the court was spent perched high upon the mountain top rather than down below with most of his new packmates. In all honesty he hadn't even noticed how absent he was. Being isolated from everyone and everything was instinct for him. The whole pack life gig had yet to set in. Still, there was some guilt that crept up his neck every so often and it just so happened that today was the breaking point. He had cared for a kid he barely knew and what did he do for Courtfall? Nothing. Time to change that before the guards come to get him.

For the first time in what seemed like ages, Cupid descended down the mountain. Filling a cache would do him good, especially in these hard times.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
omg yay!!

Star had spent most of her time so far patrolling the borders. She was a mavroimë- but the famine had made hunting more difficult than usual. Much to her disappointment food was not frequent. Therefore when she did find something, she'd make sure to catch and store it even if it was relatively small. But this fact was making it harder for her to feel that she was truly fulfilling her duties here, so she was putting in twice as much time for patrolling. 

As she finished, she began to head back towards the center of the Court. It was then, that she caught a dark speck heading in her direction. As it approached, she could see it was a wolf- not particularly familiar, but the fact that she was already well inland was enough for her to assume that she lived there. Since the Court was new, she hadn't met everyone yet. In hopes of catching her (probably) packmate's attention, she let out a friendly chuff at the girl, tail wagging slightly in greeting.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Just hunt a few things and go. That's what he kept repeating to himself as he crept through the center of the court. Maybe he'd grown attached to his little home on the mountains, cause being down here was extremely unpleasant. The grass and snow just didn't feel right between his toes. Strange, seeing as he was just laying in it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he should get out more, stop being such a hermit. 
He huffed when he heard someone trying to get his attention. Great, just perfect. All he wanted to do was get something done and return to his isolated little peak, now he had to mingle. Maybe he should just ignore it. No, that wouldn't please his packmates very much. 

Cupid turned and was surprised to see a familiar face. It was the woman that attacked Zephyr, well one of them anyways. He couldn't tell the difference between the two. This one was pretty old, that's all he could say. 

It's you. His tail twitched before he continued. The one who mauled that kid. Why'd you do it huh? Don't you feel bad? You should. He's just a kid. All things he refrained from saying. She was only doing her job. He couldn't fault the poor old thing. Didn't make him any less pissed (why was he so mad anyways?). He had to hide it. Uh. Good job I guess. Compliment her on the deed, that should distract her.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
old lady star hating on the younger generation :P

The words that came in response were, well- not particularly friendly. She had lived long enough on this earth to tell when someone didn't respect her. Her greeting was flat. But Star didn't let it affect her attitude- some kids were just like this. Couldn't let down their walls enough to show a little respect. Back in her day, wolves could use common courtesy, could even talk and hunt together without being in the same pack... now it seemed two packmates couldn't even be friendly to one another. How disappointing. 

The comment got to her, anyway. Mauled that kid. Good job I guess. Ugh, she didn't want to think about it. She hadn't meant to be cruel or violent. It wasn't who she was. She might've even kept her cool if Tundra hadn't attacked first- she didn't want to leave her packmate fighting alone. When it came down to Star herself, she wouldn't have made the first move to attack a kid like that. Especially considering her own experience. Captivity, torture, interrogation at just a year old. Yeah. She didn't want to be the bad guy now. 

Her brow furrowed slightly as she responded. "I... thanks. But um, you should know... I was just backing up our packmate. She made the first move," She explained. But she suddenly felt ashamed, as if she was blaming her packmate- no, that wasn't what she wanted to do. "That's not usually how I behave," She tried to defend again, but felt pathetic in trying to explain her actions. Was there any good reason to hurt a child? No, she thought. And finally, "Did you see that? I didn't notice you." 
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
She didn't seem like she was taking his words to kindly. She went on talking about the other woman, how she was just helping out. Blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah. Sure, sure. She could pull out all the excuses in the book and he still wouldn't care. It just sounded like she couldn't handle the truth. Ah yes, poor poor thing.

Saw everything. Wish I didn't though. It was... how do I put this... disturbing. Seeing him get flung around, pissing and shitting himself. And oh man I can't get those screams outta my head. He shot a brief accusing glare to the woman. But hey, you were just doing what you needed to do right?

Cupid was a little taken aback by this sarcastic anger. She was doing what she needed to do. But did she really have to do it? The poor kid was just trying to survive, same as everyone else.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Her expression showcased more annoyance each moment that the youth rambled on. I can't get those screams out of my head either, she wanted to tell her. But that sarcasm pissed her off. Fuck you, she thought, you'd never know what I've been through. As if I don't understand all of this. But she didn't say it. When Cupid referred to the trespasser as he, Star was a tad curious, but figured that she had been too far from the scene to determine the wolf's gender, perhaps. Of course, she was unaware that neither Zephyr nor Cupid were girls- but perhaps that would be a conversation for another time. 

Once the kid finished her little attitude-filled rant, Star shook her head slowly. "You think I did that to be a bitch? To be violent? You'd probably leave a fighting packmember hanging... It's people like you, that never bother to stand up for their pack, their home-" She huffed with frustration.

Her midnight eyes were cast away from her company. "Trust me, I hated to see it too. I was that kid once," She turned slightly to the side, as if to show off that nasty spiral scar. Lifted a paw up, showing the healed scars in her paw pads where holes had been pierced by Crescendo. And, well, that paw print on her forehead? She didn't have to emphasize that. It was like a sign of ownership printed onto Star for life, forever signifying her defeat before Crescendo, probably the first thing one would notice with a look at her. "But, whatever. You probably still think I'm an asshole, don't you? That kid got away in a few minutes. You know how long I was held underground and tortured?" She spat. She was being aggressive, she was oversharing about her past- but she couldn't be bothered to care anymore. She wished that the girl would just understand her and her intentions. But it seemed that wouldn't happen today.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
He had to stifle a snort. Ok maybe—no— she was right. Cupid was a selfish soul. And yeah if he saw one of these courtiers in battle he'd turn tail in a heartbeat. And why shouldn't he? What have they ever done for him? Give him a place to stay? Ha! Any pack under the sun would have done so if he acted nice enough. They weren't entitled to his work nor his kindness. Nobody was. The only reason he was here was because of this unusually harsh winter. He'd head for the hills as soon as the first flower poked out of the snow.

She turned her side to him, showing him the previously unseen scars that littered her body. He felt a little twinge of guily when he saw them, even more so when she talked about how lucky Zephyr was. Cupid shook the feeling away, much preferring to stick to her faults. If she knew just how bad being attacked was then why did she inflict that pain onto someone else? (nevermind she wasn't the one to start the fight) Seeing that the woman was already fired up, Cupid kept the thought to himself.

Nope. And I don’t care so hold your breath. Now if you’ll excuse me- He attempted to walk past her without facing her.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
If she knew anything of her thoughts, she would have been disgusted. Even though Star didn't abide by loyalty in the same way that she once did, she was still the kind of woman who gave everything to her pack. Nobody had to ask it of her, she'd spend majority of her time patrolling or hunting or doing whatever it took to assist her home. To her, the mentality Cupid had was entirely ungrateful and disrespectful. But she couldn't read her thoughts, so... 

Cupid blew off her words, casually rude and apathetic. Star was silent as the kid walked past her, not even bothering to make eye contact. Whatever. That was a little win in her eyes- she wasn't bold enough to look her in the face. She didn't try to stop her, she was too old for this shit. Star let the wolf by without trying to further their conversation. She could tell her words and wisdom were lost on this kid anyway. Why bother? As the kid passed, she muttered under her breath, "Maybe one day you'll grow up and understand." 
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
last post for me! can't wait to see how this relationship develops :eyes:

As he walked past, he just barely picked up on what she muttered. Cupid stopped in his tracks and bit his tongue. Grow up? How dare she try to tell him that? He's grown up alright, too soon in fact. His mind begins to wander to suppressed memories. He never asked to be isolated since birth with no dad and a shitty mom. And he never asked for the responsibility of taking care of his mother. Didn't ask for her to gorge herself on those herbs, didn't ask for her to pass out, didn't ask for her to—

His tongue bled.

Cupid took a deep breath- Whatever. - and walked away.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
SAMEE >:3

At Cupid's last word, Star huffed quietly in frustration with the kid. She did not waste any more time standing there. Star began to tread in the opposite direction of Cupid, not looking back and trying to think about other things, rather than how much that girl pissed her off. She would not let herself stew in the anger.