Stone Circle With his gun, with his head held high
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
He walked on with her, and listened, brows drawing closer the more and more Arlette explained. "Wow," he finally breathed, once he was sure Arlette was finished fitting all the pieces in place. No wonder Greyback had been so severe with him! Kaito knew he would never do anything to hurt anyone, but how would Greyback know? He was the stranger here, to Greyback and the pack, and trust... trust just didn't come to strangers like trust had come to him in Chandor, where he had been born, where he had been raised. A trust like Arlette and Leta would always receive here, and one that he would maybe never receive.

They were family, after all. Born of like blood, a line to which Kaito would ever be an outsider, only given chance after chance to prove himself worthy of their trust. Yet where despair might have yielded its face at such an insurmountable prospect, Kaito kept the understanding to consider later, in the quiet of his heart.

Now, he shook his head. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that... and I'm glad your sister's okay. I mean, if you hadn't told me... I never would have guessed... I can't imagine what that kind of thing could do to someone..." yet there was one detail that bugged him, and his unspoken thoughts wrote their way across his face in a troubled frown. "Did you ever catch that black-headed woman who attacked her?"

For that description of her reminded him of that woman... that pale bodied, black-headed woman he'd sought to help, torn and wounded, by the lake.
Messages In This Thread
With his gun, with his head held high - by Arlette - December 23, 2019, 02:28 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Greyback - December 23, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Kaito - December 23, 2019, 05:17 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Arlette - December 23, 2019, 05:49 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Greyback - December 23, 2019, 06:12 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Kaito - December 31, 2019, 04:28 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Arlette - January 01, 2020, 06:02 AM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Kaito - January 01, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Arlette - January 02, 2020, 05:27 AM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Kaito - January 08, 2020, 11:02 PM
RE: With his gun, with his head held high - by Arlette - January 18, 2020, 02:55 PM