Blacktail Deer Plateau retrospective
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Maybe @Peregrine could hop in here? Or anybody, really. This takes place immediately following the confrontation with Ferdie.

Fox was furious, but she had managed to hold her temper well-enough until she was away from them. She did not like the idea of Ferdie showing up at her doorstep, nor did she like the idea that he and Hawkeye were "friends." Fox had it in her (paranoid) head that they had somehow conspired against her. Somehow, the two of them were trying to take away what little happiness she had found here with Peregrine.

The fact that Blue Willow had talked down to her was the worst part, though. How would Fox ever find her place if Perry's most trusted advisor thought her a fool? And why did she, anyway? Fox had thought telling Willow that Ferdie had been the one to rip her skin off would have made the Alpha turn against a stranger she did not know. Instead, Blue Willow had merely asked them to go elsewhere. Why shouldn't Ferdie be hunted down and ripped to shreds? Fox knew that the moment she got that chance, she would take it.

She took her frustrations out on the ground, digging up dirt for no reason other than the fact that it allowed her to physically exert herself.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I decided ot delete my thread since I am not completely available this week and kill two birds with one stone. So Perry can join in too

Blue was furious, and she was not beside letting @Peregrine know exactly what he could do with his female. The girl had no respect and she was about to let him know exactly how she felt about her actions at the borders and before that. She didn't give a rats behind if they were lovers or anything of the like, but she did know she wasn't about to be disrespected in front of another pack member and their own pack mate, when she was trying to diffuse a situation. Blue was not an angry creature, she did not get upset easily, but the blatant disrespect to just walk away, when you did't like what you were hearing even if you were the beta was downright rude and it didn't bode well for the way the plateau was going. Blue was a little irate and in turn she was also now extremely hurt by the reaction she had been given by the woman that was supposed ot love Peregrine, Blue was willing to bet she had no feelings for Peregrine but his power, but that was a story for another day and she wasn't above letting the girl and Perry know exactly what she thought of her and exactly what she thought of him for putting up with her. She had originally thought it would be okay, that the girl would be alright, but this this was just unbelievable and she brought her problems to the plateau and then Ferdie she wasn't exactly pleased with him either, she had told him she didn't want to know what had happened had blatantly told him she didn't care.

Blue had left the two other wolves at the border and walked stiff legged towards where Fox had disappeared and she approached her, green eyes glittering with both hurt and anger. How dare she treat her thusly when she was trying to diffuse the situation. She spoke up Tearing at the grounds is not going to change your hot headedness or your foolishness you know. Blue stood there tall and lithe, her eyes following fox's movements, she had no doubt she could take the girl down a peg or two, but she did not wish to have a physical confrontation when the girl was still healing from her former one so she decided to just speak and let the girl go from there.

I would like you to listen to me. And i would like you to do so; with an open mind and i do not care if you don't want to you will; because I am still the alpha female even though you are my best friend and alpha's mate, or lover, I'm not sure what you wish to call yourself. she took a deep breath and eyed her up again and spoke First things first I think you were very rude to both me and the stranger at our borders especially when I was simply trying to stop a situation from barreling out of control. I will tell you again just as I told him I do not care, what happened before this. This is your life now and you will not bring pain and suffering into our fold you will not do it I won't have it.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox's ears fanned backward, but it was the only indication that she was listening to Blue Willow. She continued to tear at the ground, dirt and debris flying behind her as she did so. Her front paws were becoming a dirty mess, and Fox's undercarriage was receiving plenty of the overturned dirt. Not to mention her muzzle and face, which was now covered in the same muddy brown.

When Blue Willow stopped, all Fox could think was, "So she does stop speaking if you wait her out long enough." It seemed that the plateau was overrun by long-winded creatures who loved to drivel on and on. Peregrine was in that category, but at least he wasn't chastising her every move.

The yearling stopped suddenly, whipping her body swiftly to face Willow, though she showed no signs of aggression. "By speaking to me like a child, you are disrespecting me. And as long as you continue to do so, I will continue to ignore whatever it is you have to say. So, Willow, would you like to try again?" Fox was allowing Willow a chance to speak to her as an adult, as a fellow leader. If they meant to work together, there were rules that would have to be followed. Not just by Fox, either. "And don't talk all at once. Not allowing me to get a word in..." was unfair? Rude? Annoying? None of the words fit quite right. "I don't like it."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
this is very small for blue dialogue wise you should consider yourself lucky lol

Blue watched as she continued to ignore her and dig at the ground. She stared at her her ire growing and her irritation apparent. Willow heard the open spot, but she was not about to give respect to someone who hadn't earned it and she would tell her so.

Blue stared at her chewing her tongue and then spoke softly trying her hardest to breathe in between the words. First of Fox I do not just dole out respect because another demands it, it isn't fair. As far as I am concerned you may be a beta to those below us, but you are not my equal until you act like it. Thus far you have belittled others at our borders, you have blatantly disrespected me without even knowing me. And Frankly Fox and I do not mean offense but if i speak at you like a child it is because you are acting like a spoiled, coddled brat, and I am sorry it upset you, but until you learn to treat me with even an ounce of the niceness that manners dictate and the respect I deserve i will continue to do so, because clearly that is the only way to get you to listen without attacking you. Blue fell silent she tried very hard to not speak so very much, but she just couldn't help it. It was ingrained in her. And she would not settle for rudeness she just wouldn't.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox narrowed her eyes at Willow. "Why, then, did you not speak out against Peregrine's decision to appoint me?" she inquired. "You had your chance to tell him your doubts, but instead you accepted his opinion without question. By stating that you accepted me as your Beta, you were stating that you would respect me as a fellow leader. And yet, you do not." The yearling ignored the threats, the insults, and whatever other nasty things Willow was throwing at her. Fox was doing her best to be civil, and ignoring it was the only defense she had against Perry's friend.

Even at the meeting, Blue had said nothing. Instead, she had merely remained silent, acting as if everything was hunky-dory. If she had such a problem, why did she not say so then? Fox knew that if she had been in Willow's position, she would not readily accept an outsider as a leader so quickly. But Blue had, so this was all her own doing. She could have easily told Perry she was uncomfortable with it, and Fox would have gone on to do her own thing, with or without her lover. Now, it was not so easy. Peregrine and she were mates, not mere lovers.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue looked at her and spoke softly because i respect Perry's decision and because i did not know you, so how was i to know that you would act so rashly and immaturely? I do not dole out unjust judgements Fox unless you do something to make me do so and at that point you hadn't, though you are fast changing my mind. And I am not telling you I won't respect you or that I don't. I am merely letting you know that if you keep acting the fool that it will become that. I respect Perry I love him just as i would my own brothers and i would not wish ill will on him or any of his lovers and mates in your case, but I also believe in manners and decorum none of which you have and you refuse to even try and get along. As you sit here an make me the bad guy, when you are the one who walked away before i finished speaking. I do not attack another violently because i do not get along with them, and when you agreed ot move here you also agreed ot keep this plateau safe yet you don't and i will not let you hurt this plateau or it's wolves with your rashness. Blue stopped speaking then though she had more to say knowing full well that she needed to work at cutting her words at least with this wolf.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"I attacked no one," Fox corrected sharply. She had merely told Ferdie to leave (in less than kind words). "And it doesn't matter whether you knew me or not. If you did not know me, why accept me as your fellow leader at all?" asked Fox. That made even less sense to her, but Fox was also less trusting of others to begin with. Willow had done nothing to ensure that her new Beta was trustworthy in her own eyes, and that was no fault of Fox's. The Alpha trusted whatever Perry told her to trust, or so Fox believed.

She wondered if Willow always spoke whatever words went through her brain. To somebody like Fox, who spoke only what she believed was absolutely important, she found it draining. Half of what the Alpha said was lost on her, if only because she said so much at once. Fox knew that, if Willow continued to berate her and throw long-winded speeches her way, she would consult Peregrine. The yearling was not willing to put up with this kind of treatment; not as the Beta of this pack.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue stared at her and she couldn't take it anymore, the girl just wouldn't listen. She was bone dead stupid and it irked Blue to the highest degree. Blue got into Fox's face then Listen to the words I am saying! I accepted you because I had no reason not to, Perry told me you were fine and until I formed my own opinion of you i could not with good conscience speak against it!. She backed up then a low growl in her throat as she lifted her muzzle to the sky and howled for @Peregrine. I am done with this conversation, because clearly you don't understand a word i'm saying Perry can be a mediator here. Then with a snarl she sat down her tail flicking back and forth in irritation and angst.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'll be referencing an event which hasn't played out yet... this is intended to take place directly after Perry's and Junior's visit to SB.

Peregrine had barely touched one toe to familiar soil before a howl rose into the air, summoning him urgently. Already feeling stricken, he couldn't even bring himself to respond at the moment. He looked at the wounded Atticus and pursed his lips. He should be the one calling Blue Willow, not the other way around. Peregrine was frightened that his brother might be beyond help, though.

"Junior," the Alpha male said in an imperious voice, causing the quiet pup to come to him with her head and tail lowered, "stay with your Uncle Atticus. I have to go see what Aunt Willow needs. Lie down," he said to Atticus, gently pushing the dark male to the ground. His brother didn't resist. He didn't do much of anything. He was more or less catatonic.

"I'm scared," Osprey admitted, looking at her uncle uncomfortably, then peering at her father apologetically. "What's wrong with him, daddy? Why won't he say stuff?"

"I know. Just watch him, please, and I'll be back in a few minutes," Peregrine said, feeling rather horrible as he kissed the top of his daughter's head. "Howl for me if anything happens." Reluctantly, he left Atticus in her care as he hastened to respond to his Alpha female's summons.

"Sorry, Willow, I—" Peregrine said as soon as he raced onto the scene. He spotted Fox and his voice cut off mid-sentence. He looked between the two she-wolves and sensed a terrible tension in the air. He stood there rather uselessly, his eyes slowly closing. It was all just too much right now.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"Maybe if you spoke fewer words, I would listen," thought Fox. It was hard to pick apart when Willow was saying something of importance or just going on and on about a trivial bit of information. Her logic did not compute with Fox, who did not understand why Willow had said nothing. She could have put her on a trial period until she trusted her. She could have made Fox prove her worth to the pack. Instead, she had given the girl the Beta rank without so much as a whimper or a clause to state what she expected from her. And without expectations, Fox felt free to act as she always had.

Blue called for Peregrine, and Fox went back to digging. Only when Peregrine showed up did she relent her physical activity, her tail twitching in distress. Fox made no move toward her mate, but instead quirked a brow at Blue Willow. She had called him here, so she could speak first. Willow was the more talkative one anyway.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
blue heard him come and began to speak before she completely turned Perry I'm sorry to call you like this but... She turned towards him and looked at him and she froze. She stared at him for a long moment wondering at his slumped shoulders and closed eyes, Perry what's wrong? she didn't say it out loud but she hoped to every deity and god it wasn't atticua. Her own momentous displeasure was forgotten as she approached him and as always respectful nudged his shoulder gently.

*sorry on phone poop post*
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Neither of them came closer to him, perhaps made uneasy by his behavior. Only when Blue Willow's soft voice inquired of him did he reopen his eyes and say, "I found Atticus." The way he said it implied bad news, very bad news. "He's badly hurt, Willow. Not so much physically. He's..." Peregrine tried to think of a way to explain his brother's eerie, mindless catatonia. "He's awake but totally unresponsive. There are no lights on upstairs." He just barely stifled an anguished whine.

"I can take you to see him," he said after taking a breath, now glancing once more between the two she-wolves. "But what's going on? Why did you call me here? Is something the matter? Fox?" His gaze locked on his mate's pretty face, sensing some untold story behind her soft gray eyes. His nerves were already raw. Peregrine felt himself becoming entirely frayed by the day's events.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox flinched, but did not move when Willow went to comfort Peregrine. The yearling searched her memories, trying to recall who Atticus was. Fumbling for a relation, she suddenly remembered. “Bones’s father,” she blurted, “Your brother.” Fox proceeded to ignore his questions for the time being, taking a step toward him and avoiding Blue Willow as she did so. She wondered if what had happened to Haunter was now happening to Atticus. While Haunter hadn't been totally unresponsive, he certainly hadn't been well. Fox's heart dropped when she realized that it could very well end the same way Haunter's illness had ended: in death.

“What can we do?” Despite her personal problems, Fox always put the pack first and foremost. It was really the only reason she had verbally attacked Ferdie at the borders. He was a threat, and that was all she could ever see him as. Now, there was a greater threat: illness, and possibly death. Although Fox had not met Atticus, she knew his daughter well. And while she failed to see what connection they had to one another (aside from their lineage), she knew that Bones had cared for him in some capacity. And, obviously, Peregrine cared for him.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
blue stared at him for a moment the blood leeching out of her face she could feel it. Had she no fur her skin would be pale as a white lily. She took deep breaths to calm herself Atticus her Atticus and Perrys too she felt she had the right to call him having agreed to courting. A small whine escaped her and then another followed with an anguished sob coming after it. She looked around eyes darting to and fro why she didn't know, looking for him hoping it was a cruel joke oh dear I don't feel very well and a hhhead injury is never good she took a deep breath.

blue stared at him fighting to pay attention when all she wanted was to dart off and take care of the man she had fallen in love with. Blue spoke softly barely a whisper its trivial in the light of things I felt disrespected among other things, but at this moment I really don't care about any of it, and I don't know if I ever will again. ppplease take me to see Atticus. though she was not fond of Fox at that moment she appreciated that she wanted to help especially Atticus.

this would explain why hehasn't come to see me I just thought he didn't love me anymore or never had, but enough I need too see him see what I can do
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Do you two want to fade this to black here? I don't wanna power play Houkie's character too much, since she hasn't had the chance to post the thread and any details yet. I just wanted to drop this incident somewhere in the timeline.

"Yes, my brother," he said quietly before facing the black Alpha female, "and Willow's betrothed." As he spoke, he glided closer to Blue Willow, his nose touching the collar of soft fur around her neck. "I'm so sorry, Willow. I wish I could say it's okay because he's alive but... well, you'll see," he finished sorrowfully, exhaling a shaky breath.

It seemed neither woman was much concerned about whatever spat they'd been having prior to his arrival. Peregrine nodded his head gratefully. They would deal with it... later. Right now, his brother's state was a huge concern. Atticus was a cornerstone of the pack. And if he was permanently handicapped by this affliction, how would the pack look after him? It was already clear to Peregrine they'd lost their Beta male.

"Oh, Willow..." the Alpha male said mournfully at the Healer's response, even as he nudged both her and Fox to follow him back to where he'd left Atticus with Osprey Jr. "Atticus had fallen in love with you. As his brother, I feel like I can say that with authority. He cared for you very deeply. This... was just an accident, a horrible freak accident. And maybe..." Maybe we can help him, he thought but couldn't bring himself to say it aloud, not wanting to give himself or Blue Willow false hope until she'd at least had the chance to see him.

Falling silent, he loped swiftly back toward the plateau's edge. He couldn't help but remember one of his last conversations with his brother, where he'd offered to let Atticus and Blue Willow take over as the Alpha pair when the time came. Now that time would never come. He felt desolately certain that, even if Atticus recovered, he wouldn't ever be quite the same wolf after this. The thought made his heart sink and sit like a stone in the pit of his stomach.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
It seemed Atticus had involved himself with Willow, causing Fox to wonder why Peregrine was the Alpha at all. Fox was used to the norm of things where, unless there was a damn good reason for it, the Alpha pair was the mated pair. Betas were more flexible according to her traditions, and she had appointed Bazi and Njal at the same time. It had made sense, and she would have gladly given Tuwawi the spot alongside her mate if she had not refused it. Fox pushed these thoughts aside, knowing this was not the time nor the place for such discussions.

When Peregrine ushered them toward Atticus's apparent location, Fox followed obediently, placing herself on the flank opposite of Blue Willow. “Is it… contagious?” asked Fox, worried that they might be putting themselves in danger. The last thing a pack needed was for all three leaders to contract some terrible zombie disease and put them in turmoil. Fox knew this all too well, considering she had been there when her sole leader had thrown herself into a creek.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue turned her head and licked Perry's chin just for a moment to show her gratitude at his gesture. Blue looked at him and spoke softly We maybe able to help him yet, bbbut head wounds are so difficult to heal. A small whine escaped her again as her eyes filled with heavy hot tears, but she blinked quickly trying very hard not to let anyone see how upset she was at the moment, she needed a clear head to face this head on, because she was fairly certain she'd be coming out of this with only half a heart and it would be broken and shattered. She loved him, and she had never got a chance to explore how happy they could be.

Blue wondered if Fox disliked everyone or if it was just her, to say that it didn't bother her would be a lie. She wanted to get along with the girl, she wanted to at least have some friendliness since Perry was her best friend. But thus far the girl had done nothing but prove to her that she was immature and rash, but right now she had much bigger things to deal with mainly Atticus and her heart felt like it was breaking piece by piece like shards of ice. Each one falling and piercing her guts and her sides until there was nothing left, but mush.

Blue looked at her for a moment in disbelief, but it was mostly grief to cause such a look. She usually would never fault anyone for not knowing about healing. Realizing she was being harsh in her thoughts, while she grieved she spoke so very softly It sounds like it is a very bad head injury, which no those are not contagious, but if it makes you feel better I can look him over myself first, so you don't have too? Her green eyes were troubled and drawn in the middle.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
This is meant to be my final post. :)

Fox's question made Peregrine's heart to rise again—it slammed upward and lodged itself right in his throat. "I don't know..." he murmured, eyes cutting to Blue Willow's face as she answered. "If it's something contagious, like a... brain disease or something... I've already exposed both of you. Osprey Jr. as well." He swallowed thickly. "I didn't even think..."

After Blue Willow assessed his brother, they very well might have to quarantine themselves. The thought scared him badly but Peregrine tried not to dwell on it as they closed in on the site where he'd left Atticus. He saw that Junior had overcome her fear to stand directly over her uncle, posed defensively. The Alpha male sighed softly and murmured, "Thank-you, little Warrior," then nudged both Osprey Jr. and Fox to stand back and let Blue Willow examine Atticus.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Last one from me!

Fox breathed a sigh of relief when Willow relayed that it was likely not contagious. The girl had never quite trusted healers, but she was willing to follow if that was what Willow thought was best. Still, Fox was going to be keeping a close eye on all those who were exposed to Atticus, and she would bolt the moment the others started showing signs of his illness. Not because she didn't want to catch it herself, but because if she was a carrier (in any sense of the word), she did not want to spread it to the rest of the pack. The thought caused some anguish in her, but she swallowed hard and carried on.

When they arrived, Osprey was standing with Atticus, and Fox remained in the background alongside Peregrine (and Osprey, once the adolescent had moved over beside them). Fox's life had been in turmoil for too long, and it was starting to wear on the yearling. If things didn't settle down soon, she was going to have some kind of breakdown.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Archiving :D

Blue strode forward and she lay large head on Atticus's shoulder, she gently prodded and poked unsure what to make of this, but she did know it was not contagious, simply because when she traced his head gently with her muzzle she could feel the large lump from hitting something there. She wondered at it and she wanted to cry and she was certain the wetness in her eyes when she closed them real tight did leak slightly. She sniffed once or twice and then lay down beside him and just looked up at him, unsure what else to do. She curled around him best she could and then looked at the other two. he's not contagious, but that is all I know right now. Then with that she grew quiet and just lay there, her life pretty much broken and on hold and her heart shattered in pieces at her feet. It was true what they said, sometimes the gods were cruel and then she closed her eyes, wanting to cry on her own at another time, but loathe to leave Atticus behind. he can stay with me...I have the biggest den at the moment and you have both Fox and Lasher, it is just Amelie and I at the moment and he is going to need a lot of care Perry.

Then the darkness came and blue sat staring at Atticus, her love for him unbarred and she would not let him go, and she would not give up hope. Now it was her turn to do what she did best and try and heal.