Sleepy Fox Hollow It always runs back but it's never quite the same
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He stood for a long time waiting for her to come, so long that he began to doubt she was here and that his nose had led him astray. Dropping his head slightly, and furrowing his brow he almost turned to leave, his song had long since dissipated, when the quiet sound of footprints caught his sensitive ears.

She stopped before him, and he took her in. She looked tired. All hope he had of finding joy in her frame faded quickly, her flame entrenched gaze shone with a deep-seated anger. Sadness clenched his heart as Siarut opened his mouth to offer her a sound reason for his appearance. Closing his lips before sound could be found, he offered her a shrug.

Taking a deep breath and fixing her with his vibrant olive gaze Siarut gave a small smile, pushing through the sadness in his gaze. “I figured it was time.” Time to what? Check in on his little sister? No she was grown now, no longer in need of his protection. Time to mend the canyon that had formed between them? Or at least a bridge to reconcile them? Siarut was suddenly at a loss, why was now the time to see her. “I … I wanted to see you.” Admitting his own weakness for her presence, revealing his longing to see her and touch her again.

Siarut was suddenly struck with the foreboding sense of selfishness. He had thought leaving was the best course originally, and he still believed it had been. But he had never thought of his return. Was he selfish in returning? Would it have been better to stay away? Would she be better off without him? Was he to broken for her? Depressive and dark thoughts clouded his brain, a fear he hadn’t felt in months suddenly shook his frame. He would never been the same person she had grown with, his life had taken its pound of flesh. With Nanook’s help he had begun to see the light again, to feel the joy of living. But there were things that lingered in his mind, decrepit skeletons that leapt on his insecurities and clawed behind his eyes. Trying to seduce him once more.

With a quivering lip he dropped his head again. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have come.” He shook his head, waiting for her to run him off, and forget that she had ever had an older brother at all.

Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Messages In This Thread
RE: It always runs back but it's never quite the same - by Siarut - January 02, 2020, 04:25 PM