Sleepy Fox Hollow It always runs back but it's never quite the same
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Eventually the moment was over, and she stepped away. Fear continued to grip his being, waiting for the dismissal. Waiting for her to drop him, and turn away without a second thought. His breath held in his chest, and he forced himself to remain still.

So prepared for the rejection, Siarut’s jaw fell at her words. Her anger disappeared, and the weight of the world seemed to settle upon her broad shoulders. With an aching sadness, Sia realized his sister was all grown up. Blinking back a tear that threatened to fall, he offered her a small smile. “I’m so sorry.” Were the only words he could think of, the gratitude he felt welling in his chest could never be defined with words alone, and there would never be enough time in the world to show her how much he loved her.

For she had offered him a way out. To have her in his life without explaining his actions. And even with the guilt ripping at his still aching heart, Siarut knew himself to be a coward. For he took the option provided to him, tightening his lips against his own history. He would never deny answering any of her questions, but if she said she didn’t need the story, Siarut would keep his shady past to himself.

“I don’t deserve to have you as my sister Tak. But I’m to selfish to let you go forever.” Siarut avoided thinking about the things he had inherited from their father. His selfishness being one of those things. Yet still, as he stood here, he felt the gnawing shame. How dare he think himself worthy of the happiness that was becoming his life.

Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Messages In This Thread
RE: It always runs back but it's never quite the same - by Siarut - January 13, 2020, 12:03 AM