Greatwater Lake every time i see you, it lets me know just how strong
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
I'm sorry. 

Forgetting everything bad required abandoning the good. She had made a conscious decision to move on, after making the subconscious choice to forget. Ying had not meant to remove Feng from her memories, but he existed in the Before, and she was only concerned with the After. 

And so she hadn't considered that he might be hurt. Ying hadn't thought that maybe, her disappearance would wound him in the way that it now seemed. He was colder than she recalled, more standoffish; another incident for which she was to blame. 

She nodded toward the coast. My sisters and our cousins, everyone is here. Things had been simpler when they were children, playing and laughing just as another other family would. Feng was a part of that — of course! — and always would be, simply by virtue. 

Ying took an apprehensive step closer. I was joking, she told him. Her posture had become something akin to submission, or as close to it as she could get. I'm happy to see you again.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Messages In This Thread
RE: every time i see you, it lets me know just how strong - by Ying - March 06, 2020, 08:28 PM