Wheeling Gull Isle you wouldn't understand
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 

It had been more than ten days now since Atausiq had left. Huā was learning that her paranoia was often in good reason. She worried about Ying whenver she went on trips, was it any surprise the girl returned with amnesia and abandoned her relatives? Huā's worries which were often perceived as ridiculous now began to creep into her heart. Atausiq had just gone to tell the Easthollow womves of his new family. But... what if? What if Greyback had succeeded this time in drawing the boy home? What if his birth family had convinced him to stay- he wouldn't have abandoned his wife and kids, would he? The boy had always seemed so willing to please, she had seen the joy on his face upon seeing the little sea dragons for the first time. Could his father persuade him away from this life? There was a part of her that wanted to be angry, but ultimately she was heartbroken, that he could leave her and his children behind so easily. And so she lay in the darkness of her den, overthinking on this, praying he would soon be at the doorway to relieve all her stress.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Unfortunately it wasn't Huās missing love who called from the entrance of her den that day, it was Minori. The general had managed to get back at one of the screeching gulls that day, catching it out of the air in a streak of good luck. After eating well for the first week of her stay she'd begun to fill back out enough that she didn't need to gorge on the bird, intstead deciding to pay respects to the siren's new brood by delivering a meal and checking in. "Huā, I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you. I brought food" she called gently, not peeking in out of respect for the woman's privacy knowing it could very well get her bitten and chased off if she did.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The familiar voice of her general came then, allowing Huā's heavy thoughts to leave her. She scrambled towards the surface, poking out her front half from the little hole. Not disturbance, Minori. Thank you so much, She hums appreciatively, taking the gull in her mouth and dropping it within the den for later before her face reemerged. I enjoy the company-ship. I been lonely. Atausiq is... away, and I can not talk with children. She chuckles with a shake of her head, before her gaze comes back up to Minori, inquisitive, of if she had anything particular to say.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her tail gives a wag at her ankles as the woman pops out and takes the gull gratefully, feeling good to have done something useful when the island seemed to be rather peacefully compared to what she was used to. Minori gives a soft laugh, an exhale and a smile at the joke about children. A small pang of yearning struck as she remembered what it was like to have newborns suckling at her breast. Thinking about the symptoms and the man she'd been with she forced a smile as she refocused on the kind woman she ignored that particularly sudden thought.  "I've only seen one man" she said recalling the man who'd rushed off before she could talk to him "Really big. different shades of gray" she trailed off unsure what else to say about the man named Autasiq not knowing of course that she had just described him. "If you're lonely I'm usually not far off" she offered ears shifting back at the awkward offer. Perhaps it was Takara's arrival but she had realised even more how much she missed friends.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Really big, different shades of grey. Vague as all hell but still enough to pick out a name, because there was only one man here who looked like that. But... Minori had joined so recently. Had she met him already? Even though he'd left on trip the day or so after she joined. Huā's brow quirked. That sound like Atausiq. You see him here? When? She wondered, trying to hide the desperation in her tone. She could not let her worries overtake her. Unfortunately for Minori, and Huā as well, the second part only vaguely swam through her ears, falling out the other side. She was too concerned about the absence of her fiance to focus on the kind offering of her general's company, only worried to hear if Minori had meant him recently.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She'd found the man in question but if that was Autasiq then where had he gone that day if Hua hadn't seen him? "He was heading in this direction from the borders. About a week ago?" Minori said unsure exactly of the timeframe her eyes rounding with concern. "Do you need him? I can try looking" she said trying to prove helpful despite her lack of information. The General had nothing better to do lately than keep up on patrols and go out to hunt when the caches got low, trying to track someone down might be a pleasant change of pace.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A week ago... that was certainly after his return from the trip. Where had he dissapeared to? What could've stopped him if he was so close? Her eyes grew wide and she trembled, feeling the heart in her chest. Where had he gone? Where? It was too much to imagine the possibility of what could've torn him off the path... she had always viewed the island as a safe haven, a place where harm could not befall her beloved... but now harm had come to her most prized man. Atausiq. He was gone. She could not bear to admit it. He should be back by now. Do look- and tell the other, who know him, to look too. Perhaps it was something she should've directed of Aiolos instead... but she did not have the energy to call him.  Her soul was suddenly drained; she could not bear the lighthearted conversation she'd hoped for. Thank you for tell me Minori... She murmured, voice quiet.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Seeing how upset the news left her Minori felt truly bad. If he was supposed to be back, did that mean he'd came and left again? Ears going back she silently nodded, eyes lowering to the ground. The warrior had never been good with words but she looked up and with a slow, sympathetic wag of her tail said "I'm sorry. I'll do my best."  Figuring it would be best to leave Hua to process since she wasn't very helpful comforting she began to back out of the den pausing before leaving as she remembered something she'd offered the woman. "If you're lonely me and Takara can come visit? We can sing?" At the time it had been offered to distract Hua from her lover but now she meant it genuinely. Friendship didn't come naturally to Minori but there was at the least some effort starting to show.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Minori promised to give her best effort, to which Huā nodded quietly. The jiangguan didn't need to tell the empress this- Huā already trusted the dark warrior, and knew she was dedicated. If she was dedicated enough to recruit a friend, she was dedicated enough to search for Huā's lost one. She offered her songs, to which Huā chuckled sadly, offering Minori a bittersweet smile. I... I will love that. Come any time. With that she went quiet again, content to be alone for now, should the general make her exit then. There was little to heal these wounds except a solution or time, and if he was not brought back, then the long hours would pass slowly.