Blackbeak Bluff i brought my body to the altar
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
Renard kept an eye out as the man approached. Just for safety, certainly understandable. Well, they wouldn't be offended if someone was a little antsy standing on a cliff; it was just good sense. This one didn't seem to mind -- pulled himself right up to the cliff's edge, peered over to the white water and rocks below. Whether that was brave or just foolish...

The stranger's words so perfectly followed that line that Renard laughed. "Strange how frequently those two things seem the same."

They gave the scene another long look. So far out nobody could hope to measure the distance, the line between sea and sky was barely visible at all. Whether that was truly an end or not, like the water dropped off the edge of the world into empty space...well, it didn't matter. Maybe someone someday would swim it, but they wouldn't be coming along. Might as well be.

"Don't know what stories you were told as a kid, but I remember plenty of mine. Everything needs an end, some shit like that. The world can't just go on forever, right?" The wolfdog shrugged. "If I had to pick, this end seems as good as any."
Messages In This Thread
i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 29, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 12:12 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 30, 2020, 10:06 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 31, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 31, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 01, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 04, 2020, 08:01 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 05, 2020, 09:46 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 09, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 22, 2020, 10:49 PM