Fox's Glade she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Polaris he begins to equate much to a bird. There is a freedom about her; unabashed. She seems the kind to go where the seasons bring her and yet the kind to know, always, where home is. A gentleness like an ocean tide. Capable of moving continents and yet all soothing in the reticent subversion. He clings to her words and the confidence she instills in him and wonders a moment if she believes these things as fiercly as she claims. Does she know them to be true of herself? Does she know that being able to be so resolute; being able to be so intense gives her more influence than the typical subsistence?

He bathes in the words. They pour over his ears with warmth and Collision offers her, readily, the most amicable smile he has thus far. There is an ease on his heart and for a moment it is not a thundering abyss. For now he has attained harmony within himself and while he knows it not to be a perpetual feeling--he greets it with the familiarity of a long lost friend. The kind one can find asbolute understanding with even after so long bereft of one another. 

She declares them friends without missing a beat and his tail picks up the lost thrum gently prodding against the earth. He only wished to find friendship--the enduring kind from most creatures. There were those inept to kindness and he would pray for them...or perhaps be their destruction. That was, ultimately, their decision to be made. 

"I'll proudly call you my friend, Polaris," And he silently hoped that the levity of those words be understood by her given his prior proclamation. She knew that having a friend in him meant a steadfast ally. One that was unwavering with intentions as pure and as sure as the fact the sun would rise and fall day in and day out.  "There are good hearts in this world. Those that are beaten down to never see the light of day. There are those that shine above the rest and act as a beacon--an example. You are much the latter," His smile is quaint now. His tail slowed. He welcomes the feeling of absolute contentedness to consume him. 

"I'm going to do what so desperately needs to be done. The rest will fall into the place it was meant to be. Perhaps this is my stepping stone to be who I was intended to be," The only finality in this life was death and Collision's heart still beat beneath his bosom. His work was not finished, would not be left incomplete, and was only beginning to see the light of day. He knew that this meeting was drawing to an end--but she had been exactly where she needed to be. Her purpose serving as a reminder that he was on the right path. He hoped this would not be the last influence on his life she would have--but if that were so then it would be agreed it was the best possible thing that could have happened.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

Messages In This Thread
RE: she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts - by Collision - August 03, 2020, 09:33 PM