Ravensblood Forest everything that kills me makes me feel alive
127 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
Prior to the raven’s takeoff, conversation between the strangers revealed to Finley that, firstly, there were three; second, they seemed familiar enough to swap banter despite two not knowing what one, the male, was up to; and third… wait, why was the male’s location up for discussion? Were they not all of the same pack? Yet Finley was certain that some common denominator underlie their scents—

The blasted bird startled them all, drawing a surprised greeting from the two females and a defense from the male. His response Finley dubbed the smartest of three; they should be no more inclined to trust her than she was to them. But the fact remained that her presence had been noted, and for the time being they seemed innocuous enough. To stay in the shadows would stir further suspicion.

Finley revealed herself hesitantly, stepping forward with tail lowered (if stiff) to indicate no malicious intent. With a cordial dip of her head she scanned the trio, noting the females’ visual similarities and that all their cheeks sported a fawnlike stippling. Were they related?

But they’d spoken first, and Finley’s curiosities could come later. “Hello,” she offered first to all three, with the natural flow of a speaker who was used to casual greetings (which was to say, barely any). Turning to the last female to speak, Finley stalled with a small shrug. “You could say that.” Would it be wise to reveal to potential enemies the details of the move? Better to gauge what they knew before offering reveals of her own. Back to the group, with a particular eye for the first female who seemed to have started this venture, Finley added, “What brings you all here?” Curiosity, dashed with suspicion, shaded her tone more than any aggression.
Messages In This Thread
RE: everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Finley Grebe - July 18, 2020, 04:05 PM
RE: everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Acheron - September 11, 2020, 01:05 PM