Neverwinter Forest takes to the sky like a bird in flight and
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
Trade 
slow rainfall trickled down the canopy, each droplet leaping from leaf to branch, until reaching its completion against the well-trod soil. liliana swore that if she could only look close enough, she might be able to watch the flowers grow upward from their roots, as though reaching to thank the clouds above them.

she imagined that they spoke in their own language, sharing messages with one another transmuted from the goddess herself. lili wondered what those conversations might sound like.

there were plenty of puppies around for her to play with; though most children might cease the opportunity to meet with their peers, she’d found her own company to be just as fulfilling, if not moreso. liliana waited for both @Asmoses and @Miriam to leave her alone, then left their den to visit the family’s altar.

maintaining their offering space had become her responsibility during her mother’s absence. of course, liliana didn’t mind this, despite still being somewhat withdrawn from their deity. there were so many questions that she had for the goddess, and yet each one seemed to go ignored.

why?

she removed the wilted flowers from atop the stones, replacing them with fresh blooms plucked from a nearby wildflower patch. liliana then dropped to her belly to begin an introductory prayer.

bless me goddess,
on this day,
help me as a i work and play.

liliana paused for a moment, her mind reeling to remember the simple verses. what was that next line again?

to reflect your booty now,
lend your strength and please allow.
this day to be all it should be,
in love i ask this — blessed be.

she was proud of herself for having made it to the end without her mother there to supervise, as could be told by the enthusiastic beating of her tail. the goddess must have been equally proud of her, lili thought, since the next thing to come was a raindrop, right on the tip of her nose.

well, with that out of the way, yana felt comfortable enough to address their deity in a sitting position, rather than full submission. they had important things to discuss!
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)