Redsand Canyon It's heart beats fast now, It knows.
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
Cornered.

The fire furred vulpin shivered and quaked despite the snarling and snapping. Baptiste's emerald eyes were gone cold a rabbit hanging from his jaws that he held out, a wag of his tail given as he dropped the rabbit and then backed off. A trick....making himself seem harmless, the free prey should be confusing enough to throw the creature off guard. Sure enough the fox looked dumbfounded and sniffed the rabbit, he'd rubbed the fur of it in lavender and wild garlic so the poison hidden inside wouldn't be found. "I heal" he gave as an explanation watching with a tensing of his muscles as the fox pulled away with a snort. The creature shrugged and grabbed it, darting off with the catch. Baptiste followed..tracking it was easy and when he found it the berries were already being eaten..

It had taken only a few minutes for the violent convulsing, the seizures and the foaming at the mouth. Then the fox dropped to the ground and lay stiff, limbs jutting out in awkward directions and eyes wide with horror. With a low hum he moved in and gave it a kick with his paw, getting no response whatsoever. 
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Stealing
Derg was wandering again, making sure that his packmates were happy and safe.
A number of them were patrolling, some were practising their other trades.
One of which, he happened across now.

Baptise.
Perhaps, somewhere in the back of Derg's mind, he thought of him as an evil Colin. Or perhaps if Colin and Dove were not two but one.
No matter, Baptise was Baptise, and Derg wanted to know him better than just his name.

He stood, investigating the death of a fox.
He seemed very blatant. Assured. As Derg approached with a chuff, noting the foam. The muscled that died in a spasm.
Had the rabbit been killed by poison, and so did the fox?

He licked his lips, waiting for a verdict.
|  •  •  |
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Slowly he lifted his head away from the fox and acknowledged the presence of another Saints wolf, emerald eyes sweeping over the man before giving him a curt nod and standing upright clearing his throat. "Nightshade. This rabbit ate some, probably young if it didn't know. I took it fresh to the fox. The fox ate it and there it is. I wanted something to show Donovan that we have a good natural weapon if ever needed and something needed to be careful of" he looked down at the fox again and for a moment there was a flicker of regret before it vanished and he pulled his lips tight into a grimace lowering his muzzle and touching the beast on the scruff "your life was worthy" he murmured and then looked back up to the other wolf realising he was potentially being rude. "I'm Baptiste. Donovan accepted me in as a healer" he frowned thinking about how where all the herbs grew smelled like someone else. 
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
At last, the lethargic seeming male noticed him.
Everything about him seemed so. Perhaps it was dehydration.
But he straightened up. Perhaps poppies.

Derg lowered his nose to the fox and rabbit, smelling the hint of vegetation within them.
The tang of poison.
Death delivered to cause death.
Derg lifted his head with a smirk.
"You're worthy to be a Saint if you can use this against our enemies," if poison can be hidden inside food. Discreetly. All it would take is an innocent Dove to take it as a peace offering, and that would be one issue dealt with.

"I'm Derg, the Overseer," he replied smoothly, surveying the scene Baptise had constructed.
|  •  •  |
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
A slight upturn of his lips at the echoing of Donovan's invitation into the Saints. Nodding he didn't speak at first, didn't say a word about how he was considering talking to Donovan and asking if the man would try to hunt him down if he went off to try and find Melita and Aletheia. Not like that was enough to stop Baptiste St. Claire from running like the wind, he'd take as many beatings as it needed to locate his family. Then there was an introduction, name and rank which he moved an unsurprised gaze to roam over the larger male's frame "because that broad thought Donovan was the right guy to mess with?" while he hadn't made his presence known he'd watched from a distance as Donovan nearly took her head clean off of her shoulders and then made it very clear to everyone who stood before him that he was the big man, the head honcho...betrayal would wind them all in the same spot as the she wolf. "Congratulations. I'm sure you're better suited" he was sure their curly tailed leader wouldn't have picked someone willy nilly to be tossed into the rank. There was something else he wanted to pry at eyes gleaming with wicked curiosity "We have enemies?" 
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He took the compliment.
Derg sat neatly, listening to the man talk.
He hummed softly before replying, "Indeed. Nemisis was obsessed. Didn't want to risk him siring other pups, it seemed, even though he'd not yet seeded her." He lifted his eyes from death to the merle poisoner.

He then asked about the enemies Derg spoke of.
He brushed the compliment off, not in modesty, but rather in...distaste. He wasn't ungrateful though. But it was just a pleasantry.
Derg nodded.
"We do, Yuèlóng​, by the coast, and the Court, in the willows North of here."
He quickly settled an itch on his shoulder, waiting for the reaction, and likely further questions.
|  •  •  |
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Ears shifting back slightly his eyes flared wide as he grimaced "Eesh"  he licked his maw and shook his head looking disgusted before his lips twitched upward expression dark despite the humor "Stupid choice. She should have fed the she wolves herbs to make them barren" he lifted his gaze to catch the response seeming to be quite serious about the idea being 'better' before his grin widened. After a slight pause he dropped his gaze and gave a sway of his tail as if he wasn't slightly eerie at all and bent to pick the fox up in his jaws speaking around it "Of course I'm not Nemesis and I would never do such a thing to a woman" though he was certainly capable of the act if told to do so. Looking to Derg he offered another friendly sway of his tail "See you around. Nice meeting you. I'm off to show Donovan" 
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He hummed in agreement.
He didn't know there were such herbs, but it seemed that if she'd just been smarter, then all of this shit could have been avoided.
Alas, her mistake.

His chink jerked like he'd just woken up from a daydream as the merle man picked up the fox.
Huh, strange.
He didn't expect an abrupt department, but he guessed Baptise was a man of fewer words than Derg.
"See yah." He replied, taking it all in his stride.

|  •  •  |