Hushed Willows And I hope that you'll remember me,
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
To seek power was the way to corruption. From desire came longing, turning into obsessions and anger and - eventually - a snap. Orlaith's motivation seemed to stem from wanting to be heard - wanting others to do as she told, as if she could not achieve this without having a title among the Crowned. She was hot-headed, quick to anger, unrefined. It was no wonder no one listened when all they heard was screaming. Lumiya did not take her crown because of selfish reasons; her main motivation had been to create a haven and restore peace and balance to the realm - the peace and balance her family had destroyed before the Saints who now spread terror. If she were to lose it all tomorrow, she'd not mourn the lack of title, but the destruction of a home, of peace itself.

A title does not earn you respect. The queen answered, shaking her head. Sometimes it felt like she was an elder, speaking to children. You think others respect me, simply because I am called the "Faerie queen"? If so, you're mistaken. A title grants you nothing but identification and responsibility - it's a weight upon your shoulders. If it is power and respect you seek, I cannot grant it to you. Though the other was older, it was clear who the wiser one of the two was.
Messages In This Thread
And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 06:47 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:51 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 07:08 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 07:18 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 08:34 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 08:48 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 09:17 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 09:24 PM