Hushed Willows And I hope that you'll remember me,
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae remained calm, like a mountain not bowing no matter how hard the winds blew. This was exactly why she did not want Orlaith to rule beside her as queen; she had perfectly demonstrated why she was unfit for such a position. She shook her head, disappointed. Though she wanted to point out that she did border work tirelessly and was perfectly capable of protecting her haven by herself, she knew such things would fall on deaf ears - like most of her advice did. It was sad, seeing Orlaith slipping away to the dark, simply because she demanded respect she hadn't deserved yet.

I will not argue with you, Orlaith - you have done good, your duty in fact, the one you took on when you pledged yourself to the court. It was always better to list the positives firsts, for if one started with the negatives, they would tune out whatever else you had to say. You are valuable, you don't need to put others down and force them to respect you to prove it. You scream and scowl, and others will dislike you for it. You are a Faerie, perhaps already the most important rank we have. She explained with a soft sigh. A leader was only as strong as the ones she led. That meant that, if Orlaith thought of everyone as below her, she'd never thrive as queen. They'd end up hating her, replacing her - the very thing she had wished to avoid when accepting Lumiya's offer to stay.

Though you may disagree, our words are a symbol of intelligence, of reason. I believe they can solve anything. And she'd proven it, almost, with Donovan.
Messages In This Thread
And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 06:47 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 06:51 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 07:08 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 07:18 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 08:34 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 08:48 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 09:17 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me, - by Orlaith - August 05, 2020, 09:24 PM