Emberwood There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aliana gazed upon the small group of deer her Hunting partner had pointed out, before drumming up her mind for an idea. If there were more of them, she’d naturally suggest the small herd, just for the thin possibility of there being an injured, old or inexperienced youth amongst their ranks. There were only two of them, so no need to get too risky.

Let’s go for the strays. Single one of them out,  She responded softly,   They could have been kicked out of the herd—possibly mature bucks being shoved out by the head of the herd? Or they might be careless—brash.  Doubtfully but possible. Mistakes could happen as well. During the chase, the buck could trip upon a root or slip upon a rock due to the stormy terrain. They have hooves, not paws after all. 

One of them could also be injured? A gimp leg maybe? And they were forced to the fringes of the group.  Aliana continued,   But only one way to find out, hm? Let’s try to get as close as possible; conserve our energy till the last moment then strike. 

That was an obvious plan, but she had that glimmer of hope in her eyes now. They had to rain on their side when it came to that—the decisive strike. The rain was nearly masking their scent and their approach. All they had to do was get the upper hand; they could possibly snatch this buck without even have to chase it down.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day - by Aliana - November 10, 2020, 03:51 AM