Emberwood There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
This was what Aliana loved about the Hunt. This is what left her heart pounding with exhilaration and excitement. The stalking, the chase, the uncertainty, and risk all to get that payoff. It wasn’t every day she gets a chance like this and she definitely wasn’t going to squander it. 

Aliana barked and snarled, snapping at legs that strayed too close to her. The last thing they wanted was for one of them to glance back, they needed to keep up the confusion and fear that spurred them on. All the while, she hastily glanced around the Herd till she spotted one straying, going off on its own in the panic and goes for it. Aliana couldn’t completely tell— with her running and the rain —whether it was a Buck or a Doe. Either can be dangerous so it didn’t matter in the end. She banked away from the herd and pushed herself to pick up speed so she could be right beside the straying deer. Aliana kept to the right of the Ungulate, barking loudly and snapping her jaws at the legs. It snorted loudly, veering away from her, steering it further and further from the Herd. Just as they wanted.

She only glanced back for a moment, just to check if her Hunting Partner noticed she had made her move and hoping he’d catch up fast. The deer was starting to notice the rumbling sound of its stampeding Herd was getting farther away and strived to escape back to them. Aliana snarled loudly, snapping her jaws again with a resounding, sharp click! of fangs to remind it that it was still being pursued. It cried out in panic and turned away... but for how long? Eventually, the panic and adrenaline will subside, it will notice there is only one pair of fangs chasing after it and it will turn on her.

Come on, dude... I can only do so much in this position.

Aliana kept steering their target away until she couldn't see the Herd, it was when she glanced back that she barely dodges a sharp hoof aimed at her head. Times up. The target has turned against her, thankfully it was a doe but that didn't make her feel any better. She snarled keeping light on her paw while the Doe snorted indignantly; `I will fight, I will not die here!` it said visible but it will die. Aliana will make sure of that. All she needed was an opening. For now, it was a deadly dance, it was obvious the Doe wanted to escape back to the safety of its herd but Aliana kept it was getting far. Sharp hooves struck out wildly in her direction whether it just knocks her out or kills her didn't matter to the Doe. Aliana kept her distance but stayed close enough that the Doe could just slip by her, hopefully, buying enough time for her Hunting Partner to join her.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day - by Aliana - December 06, 2020, 09:07 AM