Spotted Eagle Mountain interlude
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
backdated to 8/30, a few hours after this. tag for reference
@Ken

The meeting was more heated then he would’ve hoped. Cenric could’ve done without the squabble, but @Célnes just had to spark a flame in the hearts of their family. Who knew how long that fire would burn? He’d rather address that problem at a later date.

These would probably be the Déorwine’s final days on the mountain. They’d follow the trail of their god soon, and Cenric wanted to scout out any locations he’d yet to see.

The firey afternoon sky fades into a deep violet. Cenric could clearly see the stars at this height. He glanced around, wondering if anyone else would make the trek up this mountain tonight.
closed for threads
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
That evening Ken quietly slipped out, only intending to go on a short walk; scout out the land around them. He was aimless as he climbed, upwards and sometimes down again, unfamiliar with this sort of terrain and inexperienced with traveling over it. A scent on the breeze- and his eyes narrowed as he second-guessed himself. Could it be...? 

Cenric? He called into the cooling air, trying to look ahead upon the slopes- see if a figure might appear forward from the darkness.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Someone did come up here. Not only that, but that someone knew his name.

Cenric? they call out. Yes, he answered.

His eyes trail along the silhouettes of the bolders and rest upon the shadow of a man. As Cenric approached, the fur glowed and familiar features took shape.

Kendrick. The last syllable is a relieved sigh. It’s good to see you, brother. We’ve been searching for you.
closed for threads
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A figure took shape soon enough, trailing his way towards Kendrick. Champagne gaze zeroed in until the stranger was a stranger no more, and rather his brother. Now, Ken loved to be fake with plenty of people, but Cenric was not one of them. The deerboy raced towards him, letting himself be a child again- he was only a yearling, after all. Halting before him with a wagging tail, Aww, lookin' fo' me? What a delight. Cenric, you've no idea how glad I am to see you again. I'm moochin' off of these lunatics fo' now. He offered, a laugh in his voice as he gestured toward the distant canyon. What kind of crazies called themselves the "Saints of the Dying Light?" Dramatic much? How lucky to see his brother again- now there was a twinge of doubt about staying with the strangers. Ken didn't like hard work, but he loved his siblings, and he was willing to give up the free food and sanctuary to be with his family again.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric and his brother were opposites. While Kendrick raced towards him, tail flying behind him, he kept still. It wasn’t like he wasn’t glad his brother, he just kept his happiness contained. The most he offered was a smile.

Kendrick? Leeching? Oh, he couldn’t say he was surprised. That seemed very in character of him.

Oh brother, how rude of you. You should know better than taking advantage of your host. Cenric glanced in the direction where he pointed, then chuckled. I suppose it’s a wise trick, albeit risky. I hope these ‘lunatics‘ are non the wiser, for your sake.
closed for threads
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Indeed, they were different. Ken didn't much see it- because he didn't really mind it at all- but but while he was quite the eager conversationalist, Cen was something more reserved. A brick wall. The deerboy didn't mind the roles they took, either- he was happy to play the talkative fool. Another set of shoes in his wardrobe. 

At his brother's teases, Kendrick could only wear a proud little grin. Yeah, I'd hope not. Though I don't particularly expect much.  Was Donovan the type to hunt down a singular Ken? He didn't think his presence in the canyon particularly mattered. How angry could one beefy guy be over one ditcher? Pessimistic here, Ken thought he ought to get used to it- packs were bound to attract leeches. Anyways, whea' have you been? 
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Everywhere it seems. We were staying with a pack in the taiga until it flooded over. When one thought about it, they could say they pulled the exact same trick. Artyom offered refuge, they gave nothing in return.

After that we came to these mountains to escape the storm and search for you. Now that it’s ended and you’ve been found, I see no reason why we should linger any longer.
closed for threads
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A pack in the taiga. Ken flicked an ear at his brother's words about storms, and no need to linger. The Deorwine youth nodded. I'm down to leave anytime. Ken offered with a smirk, shaking out his pelt and stretching his limbs as if expecting they might leave then and there- and Ken would follow wherever he might lead.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Good. Cenric turned around and began to walk back from where he came. He nodded towards the camp. This way, brother. It’s not too far.
closed for threads