Whitefish River And if the night is burning,
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
After deciding to officially pledge herself to Kaistleoki, Orlaith found herself an official place amongst their ranks. She knew she was a warrior, it was a fact with her muscles and mass, and after all, the wolf did inflict harm onto Riley. Though the past seemed to be forgiven, as know the yearling was amongst their ranks. It felt nice, for someone to know her once.

She gotten the answers that Orlaith sought, and they may not be the best.. But she was satisfied.

A hum to her calling, and a smile to her face, she slowly fell into a routine that seemed.. Well, normal. She guarded and marked the border, being careful for anyone to enter. Thankfully, it was a rather peaceful area, not too many visitors, and not too many left.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
| Heyooo! We can try these two again lmfao
| all mild and healing: swollen left hind leg. swollen front left ankle, sprain. scrapes and bruised all over, swollen right eye
| Clear
| 12:10PM

After his return to the riverside, Hiero followed every instruction left by Speedy to make a quick (speedy) recovery. He rested, ate, put some weight back on, hydrated himself, made sure his wounds were looked after and not infected, etc... etc... It was routine at this point really, to be looked over from head to toe to make sure there was no illness slipping from his notice. It was a pain in the ass, but it was necessary. 

One face in particular was a little new. He saw her here and there, and this time, he somewhat followed her trail to the borders. Careful to not be creepy, but he was curious still about this one. She was a part of the court on the other side of the mountains, and now she was a part of Kaistleoki. Curious indeed. He was slow to follow her trail, footprints in the ground, bent grass, fur left behind on sticks, and other stick-y objects. Not wanting to invade her space immediately after finding her pace, he would eventually come into view as she patrolled. 

Clearing his throat to try and get her attention, he smiled. With a nod of his head, he greeted before opening his mouth. I leave for a bit and find a new face among us. Maybe this will ease them into a conversation? Their meeting previously was very brief, did she even remember him?
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
If Orlaith had memories, she would've remember such a particular appearence. However the thought never crossed she knew any wolves from Kaistleoki, as not even the count knew her, "Yeah, they took me in a while ago." He was definitely an unfamiliar face she has not seen, but seemed to be an old member.

He was interesting with chocolate tones and spots.. Looked not like a wolf, especially his eyes. The shared a green, but with different hues, and his had an odd brown mixed within, "You're a bit interesting lookin', where you from?" She couldn't help but ask.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
The first thing he noted was her stature, she was tall, large, and proud of it. It reminded him of how Ira stood. Although he wasn't very small himself, it was nice to see some women who were proud of their heritage rather than shrink in the crowd to fit in among their peers. He admired it. That does sound like Kaistleoki. He chuckled softly through his words, thinking back to all those who came and went who needed a place to rest - some who stayed, others found their place elsewhere in time. 

Then the usual topic came up. At first, he was taken aback, thinking that they had met before and so his appearance probably wouldn't be the first thing to come to her mind, but maybe because it wasn't covered before, now was the time. Despite his injuries, he tried to pose tall, arching his back proudly even if his legs buckled slightly. Not from here. A little bit of everywhere really, traveling was his main thing before he found the riverside wolves.

What will really tickle your fancy is that I'm the only one in my family who looks like this. A little bit of mischievous glint in his eyes twinkled as he thought back to the family he had. Mum told me I looked more like her grand-daddy.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"I'd be wandering around like a zombie otherwise," she cackled. It would be true, she'd be injured severly on her arm, and without a memory Orlaith would've been some sort of wandering vagabond of a past presence. Thankfully, now healing and with an idea who she once was, she was satisfied. 

"I would've bullied the fuck outta ya." Like a barbarian, she hollared out a laugh despite a mean statement. Just like how she bullied him. Though when the thought came to, Orlaith couldn't help but tilt her head to the side. Immedietly did her mind go toward 'someone,' but she couldn't figure out who. 

She really didn't know if she had family.

"But you also seem like a champ, maybe not." All with a righteous grin.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Sounds awful, I'm glad you found us. Otherwise lords know what could have happened if she hadn't? Sure, he didn't know anything about her, it was also curious she didn't recognize him at all from their brief first meeting - things seemed curious-er and curious-er.

She laughed at her own teasing, and he did too. A bellied laugh. You wouldn't have been the only one~ He grinned, thinking back to a time himself as she did for a moment - leaving them both possibly ignorant to their own little worlds. Thinking back to his siblings and the other children he grew up with. Their teasing, mom's overbearing love.

That's for you to decide whether I am or not. He winked playfully. Glad that he at least had that kind of appearance about him.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"It made me loose any and all memories, thank someone for giving my a brief history lesson." Having no idea who you are is a scary event, with all the emotions she had, she didn't know where to place them, or who to be angry for. Thankfully though, Riley had shown up in the place and briefly explained as much as he know, and the previous pack she laid claim to.

However, any family seems oblivious. 

Though Orlaith was almost tricked into believing that the yearling as her mate.

"Yeah? What do you say to a hunt?" With a raised brow she proposed a game to him, one of hunting.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Yeah? And who do I have to thank? Curiously he couldn't help but ask, to inquire and see if the large woman was willing to be open about her current and past situation (of what she remembered) and who he could look out for next as being an individual to look out for. Hieronymous always enjoyed meeting friendly faces who went out of their way for another. It was inspiring really.

I'd say lead the way. He said with a grin. You see, I can't smell... not as well as you or the others can, so only you can pick out trails. I can keep an eye out for tracks. That was as good as his role as tracker could go, from fur and tracks in the ground being seen by his keen eye... and well, other than helping in the takedown, he was useless in a hunt.

That didn't mean he wasn't willing to help someone who could complete where he lacked in abilities to find prey.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"You see that one brown wolf with the constant scowl?" There was no one in Kaistleoki that was such an edgy-boy like him, "his name is @Riley." The boy may always have that crocodilian glare, and the uncaring attitude, but she knew, deep down he was good. There was some familiarity upon seeing him, but it was the mixture of gratitude, and as well as anger upon so. Orlaith did wonder why she felt angry at him, not remembering the fact he pee'd on a tree in her territory, long ago. Though weeks later did the two make up.

"Oh yeah? Really be a freak huh." She said so jokingly, despite how mean she sounded, the knight cackled loudly, surely making it like she wasn't offended him purposely. Though she did wonder how the man survived this long! What wolf can't smell, and hunt at the same time?

"Well, firstly what should we get?" Before trying to track, she grinned back at him, letting him decide the meal.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Indeed, there was only one who matched such a description. An unfriendly looking fellow, but Hiero knew better than to judge someone based on appearances. Especially with his rank within Kaistleoki. Such a thing would ruin their reputation, and plus, the guy had to be friendlier than he looked if he was so kind as to help someone in need. I'll have to thank him personally one day. One day soon, hopefully.

Through and through! he jokingly returned, leaning in hard on her faux-insults to show he was nothing but a good sport when it came to his own downfalls. There was nothing he could do about them any way other than try to work around it - which had to be one of the many ways he managed to survive this long. Well, what's around? Something big we can take? He'd like to take something down big enough so that more than just them two could eat.

Preferably not too big and dangerous.. but he would keep that to himself. The last thing he needed was to be out for a few more weeks due to injury. He had to take better care of himself.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She thought, on some 'challenges,' take on. There was a few in mind that the knight could think of, but she wasn't sure if there was one nearby, "either be a goat, or a goose." If they wanted to go for the hoofed one, the two would have to travell closer to the mountain.. Though a goose, always tended to be near streams.

"Pesky fuckers, but they're a good challenge." Surprisingly so, despite how majestic geese may be, they truly were just like flying rats. Orlaith was surprised when once they hissed at her when she wandered a bit too close to their nesting ground, and in-fact, chased her off the premise.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
A goat or a goose. Pondering the options, none were very big but one had to have more on them than the other, right? A goat would have more to share, wouldn't it? The last time he had goat was the one he and Tobias had taken from the mountain during the famine.... during the snowstorm. What a shitshow of a winter that was.

He wasn't quite on the same wavelength as Orlaith apparently on the idea of a "challenge". Chuckling a bit, I bet they are. he brushed off the idea and mostly focused on "meat" and how many they can feed with one hunt, and just having the two of them do so safely.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Don't know shrimpy, you think you can handle it?" She of course, threw the comment to spark but a fire in him so. Orlaith didn't hold much confidence that he could do, especially with some injuries. She wouldn't push him, but oh she would throw some teasing comments, and would hold no man back.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
The man rolled his eyes at her comment. It seemed that most, if they had a few inches above you, always thought you were miniature in comparison to them - even if by stature he was still on the larger side than most. It seems if you were not a giant, you were a shrimp. Can you keep up? He issued the challenge back, this time using her size against her - that she would be slower than him because of her "massive" size.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
While she had size- she was also a trained warrior. While memories were no more, her body, would always remember. She was but a trained warrior within the old court, and with Seelie Court confirming so; one of the best. Orlaith wasn't much of a lady as muscles were hidden through the thick fur, and her massive size tending to hover over any male.. But she held confidence, in speed.

And stamina most of all, especially since they were heading toward the mountain. Speed may not be the best, but stamina and strength would always win.

"Like you can keep up since you can't even smell where it is!" And then, she was off.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Maybe eventually she would learn not to look down on the man only because he was mildly smaller. She knew nothing of him, not that he boasted as she did about his abilities and past experiences. No, he too had been through hell and back. Choosing a more laidback lifestyle to leave the hellish landscape behind of the man he use to be - and he was much happier now too after doing so, but the scars hidden under the pelt told a different tale. He had proven his strength and tactical abilities by throwing himself against Ira before, and others - though only in friendly matches, he showed his prowess even in a more lighthearted spar. 

All the more reason to not fall behind! He was tireless, a lifetime lacking the ability to feel when his body was pushed to its very limit has given him nearly unmatched stamina, only falling in fatigue as his legs would give out. Only then would he be aware of his fatigue. Through his own training, he took in air methodologically to keep his body fueled as he easily kept pace with the longer strides of Orlaith. He was a freak of nature, and he was damn well proud of it.

Careful to keep an eye on her body language on where they were heading, he shadowed Orlaith until they found what they sought.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She started to slow down, not because of exhaustion (so she would claim) but the factor her nose was close to the ground, and they were close to the mountainside. Faintly should she smell but a group of them, but they only needed one. A group was troublesome in the way of horns can be tricky, especially if one of them was rather injured. She didn't want to cause more of an issue, nor' agitate any aggressive males in the area.

"They're up there, there some right, and some on the left, take your pick on what we should do." Perhaps the group of goats were licking the salts on the mountainside, but faintly she could smell them so reaching further upwards. They could not see, but she could smell them.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Orlaith paused, and Hiero kept quiet just in case the prey was close. Spotted eyes searched their location for any telltale signs and certainly, there were. Even if he could not smell them, he saw their trails, some clumps of fur here and there and if he kept real quiet and focussed... well, he could hear their hooves and some bleating as well. It was faint, but they were nearby. Triangular ears stood and focused, trying to ignore the rebound of the echoes off the rocky terrain. Having a functioning nose would make this so much easier.

Can you tell which is the smaller group? Having less prey to focus on seemed like the best choice if given just the two without any visual indication on which could be weaker. With my coat my silhouette is broken up better than yours, tell me which is smaller and I can circle around them and send them running downhill. Once one breaks off from the group, pick your favourite and we will take it.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Can't tell, I can only smell, I ain't a psychic." The last part was laughed quietly as she didn't want to startle any of them that were hanging above, "let's take left, it sounds like they're less over there." Faintly the sounds of the prey could be heard, but trying to distinguish how many was difficult, the best they could do was rely wholly on the sound thats they make, and even that, was difficult for they were on the mountain.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Rolling his eyes at her declaration. And yet here I'm to believe it's the miracle sense. Sarcasm dripped in his hushed tones. Other than accidentally crossing borders, his only true curse was the lack of feeling anything at all - because it seemed the sense of smell was just as useful as his hearing and sight for the most part. (or maybe it was because he got around his handicap and is just being a little bitter right now, being able to adapt is quite normal)

At least she picked a side, with that, he slunk to the ground and with careful paws slithered his way around the sound of the goats. Making a wide circle around them... pausing here and there to take a listen, peek around when safe to do so and not get spotted.

He was swift but careful. Caution came naturally at this point with his condition, always watchful of his footing, his surroundings, alert to sounds and sights that might be cause for alarm. Once around the mountainside creatures, that was when he made his move. Taking the small group by surprise with a loud bark to not only startle them and alert them of the presence of a threat, but to let Orlaith know the chase was on.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
It was a shame that hunting was not her speciality. She held stamina and strength, but speed may not be the best for the larger knight. Not to mention her colors were not suitable for neither summer, or winter, barely enough to match into fall with the red that touched her so. An unusual array of colors with a blender of whites, red and oranges, and blacks to the mixture of a olive-green eyes. An intimidating look, but definitely an alarming choice of colors for any hunt that continued.

Upon the Hiero's bark of surprise, Orlaith watched the group of scatter away, none seemed to keen to fight with the presence of unknown wolves, and would rather go upward in the mountain. When she noted that some left together, there was a stray female darting away from the rest- and obviously, that was the target needed.

With a grin to her face, the commander set off toward the particular target and lunged ferociously at them, her claws grabbing at its back, and when it dipped down her fangs lunged to get a better grip. Eyes darted back for a helping paw from Hiero.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
The herd scattered and Hieronymous did his best to guide them down the mountain instead of to the top and away from their trap. They only needed a few to give Orlaith a pick, and a few he did give her. As soon as Orlaith picked her target, the Constable was on the move. Swiftly leaping down the mountain's rocky side, his muscular body with steady footing making quick work of the distance to aid Orlaith in taking down the creature. She took the rear and so he went in for the killing blow, lunging at the mountain goat's neck and using his momentum and gravity to add to the power behind his bite. 

Despite the thing's valiant effort to shake them off and free itself from their grip, the suffocating grip Hieronymous had around its neck quickly sucked the strength out of it. Until it stopped moving, he wouldn't let go.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Upon another firm grip latching onto the goat, she moved her body upwards to help on the demise. Finally, after the two clamped hard and Hiero delivering a finishing blow with teeth sinking into it's throat, it fell. The goat dropped to the floor with but a lifeless look as the wolves were drenched lightly in the coating of blood, she licked her chops to the taste of metallica, and smiled at the other.

"Eat half, bring half home?" Orlaith of course, was now hungry after all that hunting.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Eventually, the body went limp and sad truth of nature and how it goes had come full circle. The goat was dead and now food to keep them and their young alive for a little while longer. Carefully he took his grip off the creature, licking his mouth to clean up any blood that caked onto his blackened lips. Yes, go ahead and we can cache the rest for anyone else to enjoy. They also had to carry as much and as quick as possible back to the pack too - they had to fill up to have the energy to do that too. 

Do you have a favorite part? I prefer the liver myself. Silently he was hoping she would choose something else... Toes crossed that he could pig out on the iron filled organ.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"I prefer the leg to the thigh." She never had a taste for the organs, they were definitely not a favorite part. It simply felt weird to the mouth how soft it was, and she preferred the minor struggle of the skin ripping off. The thigh always held some juicy meat, and Orlaith also enjoyed the aftermath that was the bone, a minor chewing toy

She was already trying to rip off one part by the time she spoke."