Neverwinter Forest I can’t seem to settle down
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Caerus no longer felt like a child, curious to learn about the world and bold in his words and opinions. He had devolved into some scrawny shadow of himself- a ghoul in a boy's body, where a foolish young spirit ought to be. He spent his days in Cupid's den. He had no desire to hunt or experiment with medicines or vex his younger siblings. All of that felt a world away when he was here. The little room that had served as his father's den felt like his own little private bubble where he was safe from everything, and no one had to look upon his grief.

But today Dad came. Caerus' feelings were complex- even he was not sure what he wanted, comfort from the one wolf left he considered family, or alone time away from him. Anytime Mal might visit, Caerus didn't feel strongly enough to tell him to go away. He knew Dad was trying his best to be there for him- and even if he still felt like a shell, he wanted to be grateful for Mal's efforts. He looked down to the hare at his paws. 

The spotted boy had little appetite these days- his jolly exterior had faded and he was losing weight, not so much that he was anything like a skeleton- but there was less fat left on him, and if he stretched particularly far his ribs might whisper their shape against his skin. He would eat a little to appease Dad, and thus did so, quietly darting his chin down to take a couple sorry little bites before nudging the hare back towards his father with his snout.thanks, dad. Caerus murmured, though he couldn't meet his father's eyes. He settled his head on his paws.
Messages In This Thread
I can’t seem to settle down - by Mal - October 11, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Caerus - October 12, 2020, 10:40 PM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Mal - October 14, 2020, 02:49 AM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Caerus - November 12, 2020, 03:52 PM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Mal - November 13, 2020, 01:33 AM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Caerus - November 13, 2020, 01:48 AM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Mal - November 13, 2020, 05:01 AM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Caerus - January 03, 2021, 11:01 AM
RE: I can’t seem to settle down - by Mal - January 03, 2021, 06:09 PM