Nimbus Summit I wish that I could just be brave.
25 Posts
Ooc —
Zephrine felt pierced through by the beauty around her. She was looking at a short-cropped bit of dandelion, wondering if it had been trampled or chewed, when someone called out. At first she didn't recognize the wolf among the trees, linking the gold of their fur to some of the mottled and molting trees. They moved closer and that helped Zephrine pick up on their silhouette, then she was carefully tracking them with her eyes.

It occurred to her that they'd spoken a name - that of her family. Not that surprising for Kingslend to be known around these parts, she thought. Maybe they had settled a while ago and had made quick ties with the locals. It didn't sound like the Deorwine way. Too inclusive.

Did that voice hold a touch of derision? Maybe. Or maybe she was imagining that. Came with the territory.

"Yes, I'm - I'm one of them." Zephrine said. She almost wanted to lie, but the thought did not strike her until after she'd answered. She had stopped her roaming to watch the newcomer and wasn't sure how to proceed. The land had not held many wolf scents - mostly transient and fading trails - so Zephrine doubted this precise piece of land was claimed.

Still, her posture was deferential. "Just moved in a couple days ago, myself. I take it you know the area? Or.. You've met some of my relatives...?" There was no mistaking the nervous energy radiating off of her. Zephrine went quiet then, suddenly aware of the weight of her tongue.
Messages In This Thread
I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 04:36 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 17, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 20, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 26, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - November 01, 2020, 01:06 PM