Nova Peak Where's my mind?
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Limit Two 
[Image: El-Arbol-de-la-Sabina.png]

What an odd tree, Asra thought. Her little den within the mountainside was a bit high within, finding comfort in the coldness that the top provided. She noticed afar that was an odd, and slanted tree that simply hung like it had been pushed over, but refrain from trying to get up again. She thought it was amusing, and ventured away from her lil' sanctuary to get closer down.

Coming closer- it was truly an odd sight. The frost-barring thrall wondered what had happened to this tree, for it wasn't just dead, it was petrified! It felt like stone to the touch when she placed a soft white paw upon it, and could only step back from the utter cold that Asra had felt from it.

She never saw something like this.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Following their pack meeting, Stag had taken it upon himself to seek out the unfamiliar faces that'd been gathered before his leaders. The first scent he came across he followed, until at last it lead him up a slope that stretched into tumbled rock and ancient trees.

Asra was transfixed with something by a large series of ledge and granite. Stag did not immediately notice the thing he assumed was rock was in fact once living -- he was too preoccupied with clearing his throat to let Asra know someone was behind her.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was nearly about to touched it, though her glacier sight caught a rather dark crack from the small entrance it had. It seemed big enough for a wolf to slip in, but it was too dark to see what was truly inside.. Her head slowly lowered to try and peak further, but a presence from behind had her head lift upwards in surprise.

Calming herself so, she coughed slightly and turned to the white man, "Hello there, it's quite interesting, isn't it?" Asra turned back toward the stone-tree in a look of awe.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
266 Posts
Ooc —
Interesting was one way to put it. Stag thought it was significantly out of place: a crucified collosus from some sort of order he'd never want to visit or be part of. His jaw closed as he found a little crack -- just the right size for a wolf like him (or even @Phaedra) to sneak in.

"You first." Stag smiled, feeling apprehensive and overwhelmingly curious at once.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Nodding toward the white-wolf, Asra crouched carefully and approached the entrance.. She was curious, and a little excited to what could be. Something new to discover, that no one else did? How much that would be adored- yet was all a disappointment. When she approached inside, her body was no longer on guard, and gave an icy look around.

It was just an empty cave. The excitement she felt was met with a disappointment sigh and a smile as she looked back to Stag, her head peaking out to him, "It's just a hole."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag scrambled after Asra, eyes wide as he adjusted to the dark.

He didn't like it in here -- digging through the tunnel had revealed an unsual sense of claustrophobia. He looked around him apprehensively; while Asra was disappointed, Stag was reserved. It was no magical kingdom, but he imagined it might be a good place in the winter to hide from the wind.

"It's not too big." Stag observed, feeling around the edge of the cave. He tried to feel and listen for any change in air pressure, any shift of wind that suggested a draft or unseen corridor. His eyes were still woefully unaccustomed to the darkness. "Could be a good whelping den."
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"It would be a good cover with the tree in front of it." It could be a double-edged sword though, for while the tree covers the whole, others may be interested on why the tree is how it is. Though with the blockage as well, weather wouldn't penetrate the den as easily as it would.. 

"There's quite a few holes in this mountain."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag hadn't realized until Asra spoke, that the tree could pose risks. He thought of what might happen during a snowstorm where snowdrift piled at the entrance, or god forbid, if the tree fell.

Suddenly he felt quite claustrophobic. He began to make his way to the entrance, looking back once he'd gone back to the surface. "Maybe I don't like it so much in there after all." He admitted, wondering what other holes they might find in this peak. "We could find a better, safer one maybe. I don't know. The tree is cool, but the cave gives me willies."

The pair explored the vicinity a little longer, but Stag was ready to put the cave behind him -- when it came time to part from Asra, Stag made to Phaedra to share with her his discovery.