Falls of the Hinterlands well i tripped, i fell down
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
All Welcome 
Back again.

Wren didn't honestly know the exact reason why. Maybe because she liked the particular element; water was everchanging and chaotic at the same time. But in the end she could only guess. It could be many, many reasons. Or was it simple? Did she simply love looking at the falls? Whatever.

A few weeks... It had been that since coming to the Teekons. She sighed, resting her back legs against the cold ground. Light flurries shot down from the darkening sky. Licking her lips, she glanced down at the water. Wondering if there were any fish left, she peered closer. 

Flickers of scales swam across her vision. Wren extended a long limb, touching the water softly. The fish darted away at the ripples. She found amusement in that. When they returned, the woman would touch the surface again. Then again, a repeat of the same thing. She couldn't help the chuckle.

It broke the silence of the Hinterlands.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Once again the brute wandered around. No home to call his own, no one seemed open to his overly-friendly demeanor. Perhaps they were all just too grumpy with some sort of stick up their asses, too much so to appreciate the beauty that is him. It was their loss ultimately, he'd be such a great friend, an amazing lover, and damn would he look good doing it too - and yet, all he had been met with is callousness and aggression. 

It didn't dim his light however, a new face meant a brand new opportunity. And this new face was pretty, very pretty indeed. Her voice caught his attention and gently the giant approached, smile along his blackened lips. Hey sweet thing, how are the fish treating you? he leaned up casually against a nearby rock, trying to look cool and stuff. Time to try a new tactic since all the others didn't work so far.
New Threads: closed
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
A voice broke her laugh. Wren started, feeling stupid that she hadn't bothered to check if anyone else was around. She wasn't a pup anymore. She wasn't even a yearling. Now full grown and seen playing in the water? Good gods. A fluster broke its way onto her features as she turned to face the man, half irritated and half embarrassed at herself. 

The man would lean against a rock, eyeing her. She didn't miss the whole 'sweet thing' tactic. Wren had seen and talked with wolves like him. Long ago, in another realm... well, she thought a guy was into her. Then he up and vanished. She was immediately suspicious. "Well, they aren't talking to me" she utters with some amusement. She huffed back down at them "I think I ate too many of their friends. Maybe they're plotting revenge."

She lashed out one final time at the surface before admitting defeat. Wren had to talk to this guy now, didn't she? "You're big and fluffy" the woman remarked idly, raising a brow "you'd be terrible to try and drown. So go first - the fish will get bored of you and give up on me."
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He was oblivious to her internal turmoil - all he saw was a pretty lady and that was all that mattered. If one was to take a look in his train of thought it would go something along the lines of; wow what pretty eyes, and that face, the colours on her are so warm... the curves of her body just do not quit, and so on and so forth. What excited him the most was that she was talking to him! Oh boy oh boy, at least this one was receptive and willing to play along. 

Well that's very rude of them. He frowned, playing along with her little scenario and looking down at the water to give it a good 'ol frown. For a moment he looked serious, but it was all a game as his one eye flickered back to her and he offered a coy grin. Big, fluffy and strong you mean. He corrected only with good intentions of making her giggle. He even puffed out his chest and flexed his muscles to make them ripple beneath his plush, alabaster pelt.

Need me to fight them? Because I will.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
A snort of amusement came from her. Wren did like to laugh, and she was somewhat amused he played along. Most guys who flirted with her wanted one thing and one thing only; and they didn't give a shit about talking. "That remains to be seen" she remarks cooly on his 'strong' aspect "but I bet if you threw yourself into the water, you'd kill a fair bit of them on impact."

A salmon tongue rolled from her mouth at the thought. She liked fish, more than rabbits even. She swiped that tongue over her jaws. "If you're strong enough to battle fish - what about a wolf?" Wren directed, her blue eyes returning to his face. A verbal challenge was posed. "can you take on a wolf?" He was talking, she was talking. But they didn't know shit about each other.

Faint amusement sparked in her eyes. "I bet you can sit on a few until they submit." With his fluffy, big arse on them. 
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Sure, getting more than just some friendly flirting would be nice - but honestly, he was attention-starved and enjoyed just having someone like-minded follow along for even just a little while instead of completely brushing him off. 

The woman challenged his strength and it only made him flex even more to show off what he got. He flexes hard enough that his short tail curled lightly under the pressure and his arms bowed inward ever so slightly to show off their musculature. Man, she was hard to impress! You bet I would, we'd eat for days! Please see what I'm trying to do, I'm a provider baby.

Then things toon a little weird turn, he wasn't certain where she was going with this but heck, he'll play along. She was cute, and so far very nice so why not entertain her little questions too. Sure I can. Tossing his head up proudly. He didn't like to fight but he was definitely capable of doing so.

You think so? I think they'd suffocate first. Curiously he glances at his own ass, wondering what it would be like to be under that trunk of his. Certainly not fun. Probably more like begging to breathe rather than submitting unless passing out was a form of submission to some.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
She smirks, chuckling and shaking her head. Joking around felt nice. It felt natural. The more the man went on, shooting back her sharp words so carefreely, the more Wren felt herself relax. Eventually, he would admit that he could fight. She ignored his last few words though. Already rising to her paws, she stared at him neutrally before -

Well, it looked like she might leave.

But she didn't.

Wren instead flung herself at the fluffy man. The ghost of a playful snarl spread across her lips as she tried to hook her front paws into his neck. To get a hold on him before doing anything else. "If you can fight" she breathed near his ear "then prove it!" Though she more or less tried to assault him, the woman was just joking around. There was no bile or venom in her words.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Wait!

Was she leaving? Really? What did he do this time?! The pale brute deflated a bit as he thought she was already done with him when he thought they had such chemistry! Aw man He whispered to himself.

Then, he was deceived! The sneaky woman whipped around and tackled him, a faux snarl roaring from her lips. Elijah nearly shrieked, catching the womanly sound in his throat painfully before screaming out. With her hanging off his neck, the man's ears folded back with wide eyes looking into hers. Honestly, he didn't know what to do right now, but he was into it. 

The words she whispered into his ear sent a tingly sensation down his spine, it was exciting! He liked her, he liked her a lot! Okay~ Finally the guy managed to say, grinning a sharp mischievous grin before sending his whole body into a shake to send her off of him - depending on how tight her grasp was and how surprised she'd be with the sudden movement.

he just had to remember not to snap down and make her bleed, soft mouth, soft mouth, he had the softest mouth around!! The mantra repeated in his mind over and over, maybe he'd do better to just wrestle her or something... With an awkwardly large mouth he went in, maybe to bulldoze her over to tackle her to the ground, or maybe to just pin her with his mouth without chomping down.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
The brute seemed momentarily startled, at a loss for words. Wren chose to focus on the okay part of that. Consent, or rather agreement, was giving to wrestle. She needed it after the long trek and the waiting on borders and figuring shit out about her life. How much had she wasted so far? How much was essential to her wellbeing? If this was any other guy, he probably would have barreled her over by now and established dominance.

He was playing.

A great shake was given, but she clung onto his front. Digging her jaws into the thick ruff of his neck at the side, she clamped down. While he fretted about biting her inwardly, she fretted about getting a hold of him. Wren wasn't savaging biting into him. Her hold was firm but gentle. She didn't draw blood, and she knew she'd be coughing up white fur in the morning.

Not a cat, she couldn't rack her claws down his front. Not a feline, she didn't have to swipe at him. She hung on, growling and trying to figure out how to pin him. The guy was huge and wasn't a light weight at all.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Wow her grip was strong, as much as he shook and bucked, she just dug in more than before. It was impressive, and even if it did sting his skin a little, the brute wasn't too bothered by it. Judging by the scars upon his coat, the guy had been through hell before and this, well, this was just fun and games. 

Well, if bucking and shaking wouldn't get her off so he could pin her down, maybe if he rolled and tried to pin her that way - gently so he didn't crush her to death - maybe a change of tactics would do him well to not get shown up by a pretty lady.

Although... well. It would be hot to be beaten by one so pretty, so then again, he probably wouldn't mind the loss if it happened. Embarrassing if she saw less in him should he lose. So, for the sake of keeping her interest, he would do his very best to win this little wrestling match of theirs! He dropped down and rolled over toward her to gently pin her against the ground with his shoulder.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
He flopped over suddenly, using his brute strength and thick coat. Using whatever gods made him. Wren couldn't help a muffled laugh at the thought of it. His creators looking down at him and being all; yikes, this is what I did? But all she could do was spit out his fur, an awkward sound escaping her lips. 

He may have her pinned, but she wasn't about to give up. Wren managed to free a front paw and she pressed it against his thick skull. Hard. But not enough to scratch - wolves couldn't rightly do a feline scratch anyway - no. It was more or less pushing him off her. Or trying to.

She knew she was of weaker mass than the man. Her legs churned against his belly, trying to awkwardly throw him off.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She giggled! Whatever he was doing he was doing good. Awkwardly he tried to press his head into her, small tattered ears folding back against his thick-ass skull. Ass up and head down into her, she kicked up against his belly and pushed with her forelegs to push him off - and he just pressed further into her. Have I proved it yet!? He shook his forehead against her chest hoping he was still pressed against her while his small tail waved happily behind him. 

The lady asked for him to prove himself and he wondered if he did by now... she was feisty, and if this was a vicious fight he was certain she would have a few good bites in already. Thankfully it was all fun and games and wrestling was on his side of things.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"Have I proved it yet?!"

Wren barked laughter this time, loud and highly amused. He was such a... goof. It almost reminded her of her pirate king, how the man would act like an utter child despite being alpha of their pack. But the fluffy white man wasn't him. He was more... innocent about it? She wanted to say that. She hoped to think that.

Yes, innocent. He was a big puppy with nothing weighing him down. She saw it in her old alpha's eyes. He had lost a mate, some of his kids... But this guy. It was refreshing. Wren leaned forward to grasp the fluff of his neck, shaking her head fiercely. But no matter how fierce she got, he was just too thick furred to make a dent.

"Mrrrmf!" she utters around his fur, shaking a bit longer before spitting it out. "okay, okay! You win!" Wren snickers "get off me, you lug!"
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He didn't think as deeply as she did at this moment, Elijah was a simple man with simple thoughts - nothing too complex going up upstairs linking current events with anything he had met in the past. Perhaps it was an unknown positive trait of his, to move on so easily and not look back - but then again, it also had its downside, never learning from it either.

Wren kept trying, thick skin and thick fur protecting him from her continuous attempts to get the better of him. He didn't use any teeth or claws, just his bulk and weight - it had to be frustrating to her, and it made him laugh! Not maliciously, just a guiltless guffaw he couldn't restrain. 

As she called him victorious, as much as he enjoyed being so close to her, he couldn't help but leap for joy, bounce to his feet off to her side, and strike a flexing pose to his victory. Ha ha! The man shifted his pose, much like any bodybuilder showing off to their crowd, except his crowd was of one pretty lady (more than good enough for him). So I have proven my worth? Why? What was all this for? He couldn't remember or make sense of it, but he was hoping she was impressed at the very least.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
100th post! woot!

She couldn't stop laughing through the loss. Damn, it felt good to laugh after so long. The man let her get up, and Wren recalled they didn't know each other's names. Well, she'd have to fix that. As he posed and boasted about his victory, the brunette snickered. Playful bout aside, it had all but cheered her gloomy ass up.

"Okay, okay" she sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes "you earned a treat" the woman focused on him and him alone, giving a nod. "you earned my name" lucky him right? She thought so anyway "I'm Wren. Can this loser ask for your name?" she adds, raising a brow expectantly. She doesn't think... well, she doesn't believe -

That he'd be an ass and leave without saying anything. The guy seemed too... pure? He was like a puppy - eager to please.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
\o/!!!

She couldn't stop laughing, it was all music to his ears and all he could hear was "you're winning her". Even if they didn't meet again for a long, long, long time after today, with all this giggling, there was no way she would forget him any time soon! The way to a woman's heart was through their funnybone after all, that he was certain of. At least for the good ones.

A treat? His head snapped in her direction, tail waving expectantly, patiently for what was to come. What kind of treat? There was no way she was the type to sleep with him on the first date, no, there was no way. She was way too good for that... so what was it? A delicious food? Her heart?! A name! That was good too! The lug smiled, Lovely ladies like you are never losers. He corrected, full of certainty in his voice.

Name's Elijah, Elijah Cross at your service miss beautiful Wren.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"Ha!" she smirked, not a vain woman by any means. Flattery wouldn't get Elijah anywhere, but it could break down her walls a bit. Just to know she was valued in some way after so long traveling alone... even if it was just for her looks. Even if Wren deflected flirting with humor. "you're a direct one, aren't ya?"

She bit back a sigh, wishing a certain man had paid her such attention when she had been around. Oh well. Fluffybutt here was good company. "Well, if I'm not a loser" Wren began, leaning forward "what do I win then?" She had given her name, he had given her's... What else was there to give?

"How about a fish, handsome?" she shoots at him, posing the question now - a test really - if he was a good provider.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I have no secrets. The man was honest in his answer, he had nothing to hide from anyone. I think you're cute and fun and I think you should know that. And that was all there was to it. He didn't think he was being smooth right now with it or with some kind of hidden agenda by throwing her compliments. In fact, he was certain she already knew such things! There were probably men on the daily who told her she was pretty and he was just one in a sea of men!

You want fish? Less of a question as he already, ungracefully, plunged into the cool waters and let the sting of the frosty lake kiss his skin. Hold on, I'm on it. Inkly muscle crept out from his maw as he licked up any drops of water that clung to them before focussing on the waters... he wasn't a great fisher honestly... but he would try.

....  a bit of time-lapse

After jumping into the water, the ripples eventually faded around him... silence took over the man as he scanned the waters for nearby movement. Once a flash of silver caught his eye, he plunged neck-deep!! Snapping and only feeling the slimy scales brush his fangs before grabbing... nothing. Coming up to gasp for air, empty mawed this round... he was not out yet. He waited for another chance.
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
This time, a fluster.

She expected him to be direct but not affect her much. Yet it did. She... hadn't heard a guy say that to her. Ever. Her pirate king had been aloof and mysterious; she had never known what he thought about her. Good enough to promote her to beta, but for feelings? No... it had never been apparent. Maybe it was always going to be one-sided.

So it was when Elijah failed to catch anything did Wren approach the water. She knew - knew in her gut - that she wouldn't be able to catch something. But she tried anyway. Her paws itched and lashed out, hooking no fish. The fluffy guy was in the water, standing there... it'd take a bit to get the fish to come back. Oh well. At least he was cute trying for her sake.

"Ah, my slimey foe" she muses with a dramatic sigh "you escape our wraith for the time being."
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I've got you now! Once more into the water he dove, bubbles forming as he ferociously wished to catch a fish for Wren, the lovely lady who asked him to do so. Again the fish grazed him by, fins tickling his nose as if the thing was teasing him! An underwater snort caused a surge of bubbles before the rose, water dripping with only a little saliva causing a sticky slime to hang from his maw. 

Dam it! Of all the times to embarrass himself! Frustrated he yelled at the skies before turning sheepishly to Wren, empty mawed. I uhh... I'm not very good at fishing I guess. He hoped that didn't make him undesirable now, they had a thing going! I'm better on land, I promise! Would this help his case or make him look desperate and sad?
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"Pfft" she snorts, snickering at his attempts "that just means I'll have to teach you" wait what? Did she really mean that or was she trying to make him feel better? Glad her face was a dark mask, her cheeks turning pink meant nothing. "move over, lover boy." She centers herself and marches into the water, sloshing around. 

Wren is smaller, and therefore able to move much more quickly. Elijah's flusters meant nothing to a seasoned fisher. She expertly locates a fish, lunging forward as it comes back to circle the large brute. She snaps it out of the water, chomping down on its fishy neck to kill it instantly. It wasn't elegant, nor was there much to learn from her display however...

Giving a nod to the man, she wades back to the shore. The fish is big enough for two.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Teach? Teach means he has to spend more time with her, more time with her means he did a good job and she likes him! Well, likes enough to keep around to teach at least. With a waterlogged tail, it flopped around in the water, slapping the top of the lake's surface with heavy thudding. Yeah? He was smitten.

Gladly he stepped aside for Wren to show off her abilities now. With one fell swoop she showed him up this time around and brought up with her a big flopping fish. He took her signal and trudged along with her back to solid ground. Together, they feast! Another day, he would feed them with his own hunting... this time not in water, maybe some goose or something if he can catch one. Yes, that was a good idea... for now, he enjoyed her company for as long as he had it.

[fade!! <3 cant wait for their next one!]
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
How strange that some encounters led to different ones. She hadn't expected to be flirted with. She hadn't expected a guy to pay her attention. Maybe that stemmed from poor self-confidence and rejection in the past... It was something she had to work on. "Yeah" she laughs "can't have you starving on my watch."

She didn't doubt he could catch game on land. For a long time she had done the same until being taught fishing. Wren's face angled to where she knew Kingslend was. "I'm in a pack a bit aways" she told him "if you wanted... you can call on the border. I'll be there." Perhaps rushing into things was not her intention, but she couldn't ignore a good guy that made her laugh.

It was something she enjoyed doing.
exit! thanks so much! can't wait either!
0/10
0/10