Meadowlark Prairie oh sunlight, sunlight
8 Posts
Ooc — Silverfang
ᚠᚨᚹᚾᚨ​
Fawna is nearly tempted to ask him what might be wrong as his intent staring goes on for longer than what she'd personally deem 'normal'; concern rules out beyond uncertainty or any off-put emotion. Her maw opens just slightly to ask before he shakes himself free of his trance and fills in the space with his own words. A kind smile is offered to his decision, and a bit wider in the nature of which he refers to her as - introducing herself had actually slipped her mind in place of more pressing issues at hand, though this fact was lost on her for now.

She'd follow him to his cache in much a similar pace, familiar with the way he moved and what purpose it provided, her paws leading her to an almost weightless trot upon the ground, slowly being blanketted in snow. The more time that passed the more that pit of worry began to throb and grow, but she put trust in Vein - perhaps too readily - that he may indeed lead her to shelter from the incoming storm.

When they finally arrive to Vein's destination, she seats herself patiently, tail curled neatly over her paws, as she watches him curiously. She had never seen such actions before, no doubt innovation on a wolf's part, not in all her travels or time of living. It's enough to ensnare her in his workings, before an impressed smile slides upon her lips and her eyes brighten as his work is finished and his contraption hangs now as two skulls over his sides, stable as he walks. It doesn't bother her - not yet, or she's simply too intent on the workings of the vine-and-bone to give it much mind and how genius she believes it to be - that one of the skulls are canid in structure. The herbs are a compelling smell, too; something that eases her in that she is aware of their healing properties despite having not dabbled in such a profession herself before. This leads to her feeling a touch safer around him, not at all without taking knowledge with the fact that he had been courteous and polite to her as well.

Her tail once more sways, wagging from side to side as he looked to her, smiled, and gave a reason for his silence and pause on their small journey. "That was amazing, Vein!" She trots along beside him, worries for the time being squashed by the mind-boggling action she had just bore witness to, as well as the fact they were now on their way to their safe destination, carrying herself with a touch of a bounce in her step that accentuates her intent and awe towards him now. "I've never, in all my wanderings, seen anything like that! It must be so much easier to carry multiple things over long distances. How did you ever learn how to do that? Could you perhaps teach me?"

Looking to all the world like nothing short of some peppy pup, her tail lifted enthusiastically in the air, she doesn't seem at all perturbed for the fact they weren't walking silently at all. It was possibly the very last thing on her mind currently.

When her companion then speaks of Gods and the sulphur on the wind, her ears tilt toward him and, as she walks side-by-side with him (although most likely notably with more steps than he has to take considering their difference in size and stride) she looks to him with courteous recognition. "I've never heard of anything like that before, either." Though she had as a child known of Gods, her small family had never been particularly religious. And from all her wanderings, she had known there to be quite a few, though none that she had ever deeply learned about. "How interesting! You must be very gifted, to speak with Gods and have such knowledge," she pauses for a moment before continuing. "Which Gods have spoken to you? I admit, in all my wanderings I've heard plenty of names in passing. Though my knowledge of them leaves a lot to be desired. But I'd love to hear of your experiences, ehm... Maybe best when we stop. I don't want to drain you out with talk and my non-stop jabbering mouth." Fawna offers a small, almost nervous chuckle, having belatedly realized how ahead of herself she was getting and just how much she had bombarded his ears with her voice. Though if he decided to speak now rather than later, she would be just as intent on listening to him appropriately.

@Vein
ahh bless, i really enjoy his character so far! super fascinating :'D

Messages In This Thread
oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 01, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 02, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 02, 2021, 10:45 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 07:00 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 11:54 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 06, 2021, 08:01 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 07, 2021, 09:39 AM